Tevita Funa

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This guy is the real deal. A must keep in my view - seems very talented in the few games I've seen of him.

On his bio on the official Manly site look at the answer to the question:

What does it mean to play for the Sea Eagles? My whole life.

Hopefully this helps us retain him and he should learn that lots have left Manly for bigger dollars only to end up playing reserve grade. i.e Aaron Groom.

Does he have one of those great youtube highlights videos? If not then he must not be that good! It might actually be better if he doesn't have a video as there would then be less chance of others wanting him.

Last edited:
I know Tevita and I can say that he has come along in leaps and bounds. He is not a Manly junior in the true sense of the word. He is from Western Sydney and only joined Manly a couple of seasons ago because of the Hopoate connection with a number of Polynesian boys from the area.

He played a lot of 5/8 in his juniors and cut his teeth at Westfield Sports High under "guess who?" Wayne Lambkin, who is our NYC coach.

Tevita is one of the nicest young men you will ever meet and is quite the musician as well, I can tell you. As far as his footballing prowess goes, the spotlight being shined on him has come out of nowhere thanks entirely to the form he displayed in the few matches to begin the year.

Best of luck Tevita!

I know Tevita and I can say that he has come along in leaps and bounds. He is not a Manly junior in the true sense of the word. He is from Western Sydney and only joined Manly a couple of seasons ago because of the Hopoate connection with a number of Polynesian boys from the area.

He played a lot of 5/8 in his juniors and cut his teeth at Westfield Sports High under "guess who?" Wayne Lambkin, who is our NYC coach.

Tevita is one of the nicest young men you will ever meet and is quite the musician as well, I can tell you. As far as his footballing prowess goes, the spotlight being shined on him has come out of nowhere thanks entirely to the form he displayed in the few matches to begin the year.

Best of luck Tevita!
Seems like you have a few connections with the younger Seaeagles brigade Snake .... did you play some junior footy with some of the boys or just local connections?
Either way - enjoy your input and some savvy posts on Silvertails.

Seems like you have a few connections with the younger Seaeagles brigade Snake .... did you play some junior footy with some of the boys or just local connections?
Either way - enjoy your input and some savvy posts on Silvertails.
Thanks Maxta...I too value your input; your positivity is infectious.

I am just fortunate enough to associate with a few of our staff and some of the recruitment staff at various NRL clubs and I pass on information when I can without upsetting anyone (hopefully)!

The club is a real buzz at the moment and good people are involved; the future is bright!

Exactly, and not only Groom. Go to a club like the Chooks and you'll have 3 internationals ahead of you in every position.

LOL, the way The Roosters acquire amazingly talented players by promising them the world, chewing them up, and spitting them out is disgusting....the last few years for us alone:

Lama Tasi
Michael Oldfield
Liam Knight

That club loses interest at their own & earliest convenience. It's thrive, or die - no development to be seen here. As soon as the Rugby League world understands this, the sooner they'll stop destroying players careers.

I know 100% they were trying to lure Jamie Buhrer at one point, but he flat out rejected them.

Give me Barrett and Manly's culture over that disposal unit of a club anyday.

Very much agree. I think Barrett will be has been and will continue to be brilliant for juniors and development in general. He really seems to have a rapport with the team across the board and I think will be considered a great developer of Manly talent in the future. Either that or this post will be laughed at very hard on Silvertails in years to come :)

LOL, the way The Roosters acquire amazingly talented players by promising them the world, chewing them up, and spitting them out is disgusting....the last few years for us alone:

Lama Tasi
Michael Oldfield
Liam Knight

That club loses interest at their own & earliest convenience. It's thrive, or die - no development to be seen here. As soon as the Rugby League world understands this, the sooner they'll stop destroying players careers.

I know 100% they were trying to lure Jamie Buhrer at one point, but he flat out rejected them.

Add
Joey Lussick
Charley Taylor
Zach Nicholls

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8