Test Squad

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fro

First Grader
Ricky Ponting (capt), Michael Clarke, Doug Bollinger, Brad Haddin, Nathan Hauritz, Ben Hilfenhaus, Phillip Hughes, Michael Hussey, Mitchell Johnson, Simon Katich, Andrew McDonald, Bryce McGain, Marcus North, Peter Siddle.

in the 1st test from that I woudl go with:
Hughes
Katich
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
North
Haddin
Johnson
Siddle
Bollinger
McGain

Gee that attack looks innocuous when you write it down like that. Can't see the point in picking another halfbaked "all rounder" like North or McDonald. Why don't they just take another batsman and use Clarke and Katich as the 5th bowling option. There is not one back up batsman in the squad, so they are effectively saying, short of being injured, you are no chance of being dropped if you fail with the bat.

North isn't really an All-Rounder. He is a good bat who can bowl a bit.

Jaques should've gone over.

Jaques
Hughes
Ponting
Katich
Clarke
Hussey
Haddin
Johnson
Hilfenhous
Bollinger
McGain

Hussey's better suited to 6 where he can plod with the tail. Another series or two like he's been going and he's out. Siddle's average.

Volley link said:

I know, but they claimed the fact that he could bowl some offies was a factor in his favour. He's a solid enough bat, but you wouldn't say he's the 6th best batsman in the country. Anyway good luck to him, I hope him and Hughes go well.

Chip & Chase link said:
[quote author=Volley link=topic=179106.msg206360#msg206360 date=1233835906]

He's probably the tenth best batsman in the country, which is a lot better than McDonald who is probably around 40. 

He can probably turn his offies more than Hauritz though. 
I know, but they claimed the fact that he could bowl some offies was a factor in his favour. He's a solid enough bat, but you wouldn't say he's the 6th best batsman in the country. Anyway good luck to him, I hope him and Hughes go well.
[/quote]

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8