Terry Campese

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagle man

Rookie
According to RLW Canberra have tabled him an insulting offer for after 2010.We should offer him Orfords money plus more.What a great player he would be to have at Manly.I rate him 100 times more then Orford.Unlike Orford Campese can handle being the go to man most the time.His vision and kicking game are great.IMAGINE STEWART RUNNING OFF CAMPESE.HE WOULD SCORE A HAT TRICK MOST GAMES.

To think at the start of last year, even after the early rounds, he was totally unsigned. I remember a post on here (almost 100% certain it was Kiwi) saying Manly should chase him - it went along the lines of both Campo and Chris Bailey (well before Bailey signed with Manly) showing 'something' everytime they played first grade, without excelling...

Campo would've been awesome :(

Top bloke too.

willstyles link said:
To think at the start of last year, even after the early rounds, he was totally unsigned. I remember a post on here (almost 100% certain it was Kiwi) saying Manly should chase him - it went along the lines of both Campo and Chris Bailey (well before Bailey signed with Manly) showing 'something' everytime they played first grade, without excelling...

Campo would've been awesome :(

Top bloke too.

****, you're memory is good, even I had forgotten about chasing Terrance haha

Top player, dominates in my Fantasy side every week, would love to see him here

Playing devils advocate, but would he suit our team?

im ****en over all this anti orford bull****

the bloke captained us to a record winning premiership how about some ****en respect.

Have to agree with Cliffy GC on this one :

A few years back , Manly fans were crying out for a quality halfback to take us to the next level. We now have this halfback who led us to a Premiership & World Club Challenge victory.

Not to mention : Dally M Player of the year / halfback of the year.

I wouldn't trade Orford for anyone at this point of time.

"I complained about my shoes , until I saw a man with no feet"

Well i can give you one simple explanation for all the Orford Haters. Tall Poppy Syndrome & the ficklness of some people on this forum. Seriously im not an Orford lover or anything i just look at the facts and the fact is we have improved as a team since Orford has arrived. Dont get me wrong though i would not go offer him a 400k per season deal but anywhere from 300-350 is good value for a proven halfback.

I am not a Orford hater at all.I just dont think he is consistant enough for the money he is on.We would not have won the comp last year if lyon had not stepped up and took some of the pressure off Orford.Campese Carries Canberra every week.Thats something Orford  doesnt do for Manly very often.This was  evident in games last year .Thats why we should throw the checkbook at Campese.For the money orford is on he should dominate most weeks.

Des got us the premiership... he got the players that got us the premiership..

Orford was one of the players who won the grand final.. he hardly won it for us.

I dont hate Orford.. but unless hes happy to accept 200-250k.. so we can keep other players... fine.. but he wont.. so business decision... get someone cheaper.

And Des chose Orford as his halfback. Must be some reason behind that. That's right, because he sh*ts all over every halfback we've had since Toovey from a great height.

eggson link said:
Does/has/can Campese play halfback? I've only seen him at no 6

He is the primary playmaker. The 6 on his back is a bit of a marking only. He plays in attack more like a half back, in Defense he is pretty much everywhere

he wears the 6 jumper but he has halfback written all over him, and has played there a lot.

P.S. Orford is up there with the most overrated ever, the only reason he won the dally M is that everyone else fell over or got suspended, and he didnt play origin so didnt miss those games.

But thats old news

Haha yeah. Wrong.

How can someone be overrated when muppets all around the league world like you say he's sh*t? The majority of people say he blows.

He's consistently inconsistent. He'll never get a Blues spot unless a plane goes down with squad heading to Suncorp and even then he will still be in the queue. Manly do very little buying and stick with combos over a long time and that is a winning formula for premiership success, but Matty is on song about one game in four.

ChuckWood link said:
Have to agree with Cliffy GC on this one :

A few years back , Manly fans were crying out for a quality halfback to take us to the next level. We now have this halfback who led us to a Premiership & World Club Challenge victory.

Not to mention : Dally M Player of the year / halfback of the year.

I wouldn't trade Orford for anyone at this point of time.

\"I complained about my shoes , until I saw a man with no feet\"

A few years ago, anyone with any idea was crying out for a 5/8 not a half back, we bought a half back then everyone else finally realised we needed a 5/8.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7