Technical question/Request

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Harmless27

Reserve Grader
Every now and again on the forum, certain topics/threads are 'reincarnated' from the vault by certain individuals.

Whilst some of these can be very interesting, it can also be quite frustraing.

i am not requesting that the practice stop - however I have a question for dan:

Is it possible to display the Thread origination date on the forum without having to click into a thread? Or is it possible to highlight a thraed which may have originated more than 1 month ago (highlight in a different colour perhaps?)

It may just be me, but I often find myself reading a thread (sich as the $ouff's Premiers in February thread) and only after a few minutes do I realise that it is a thread that is 2 years old! Same goes for the jamie Lyon to replace Snoz thread....

Anyways - just a thought. I still find those threads interesting, just a bit deceltive.

Thanks

I can put the date created in. I could probably do something else with an image indicator or something.

I am currently rewriting and designing the front end but will tag this on to the list of things to do

ha more like a clock or something, a mage like you may scare away the kids mate

What do the nerds call it agian ?? Thread necromancy or something like that. Maybe a little zombie icon for threads brought back from the dead.

Technical Coach said:
Wolfpack said:
Thought this was going to be another Technical Coach thread.

Very disappointed.

So did I, I am bursting at the seams with new mindless boring technical dribble and thought "here is my chance to get it all out"

tumblr_m934hfztvH1r1ang0o1_400.gif

Before all the hacking issues caused the site to be shut down a few months ago, I used to click on "Last" and I would automatically be taken to the last post I had read on a thread, which was great. If I hadn't looked at the thread yet it would just open at the first post.

This was handy for old threads too.

Since the site came back online though, when I click "Last", it just goes straight to the bottom of the thread.

Does anyone know if it's still possible to go straight to the most recent post you have read?

SeaEagleRock8 - apologies. You are corernt. I mis-read the date on that thread as it was written as 08-03-2013, and I made the assumption that it was the 8th march, when in fact it was 3rd August. I stabnd corrected :)

Brookie Brawler said:
Before all the hacking issues caused the site to be shut down a few months ago, I used to click on "Last" and I would automatically be taken to the last post I had read on a thread, which was great. If I hadn't looked at the thread yet it would just open at the first post.

Since the site came back online though, when I click "Last", it just goes straight to the bottom of the thread.

Does anyone know if it's still possible to go straight to the most recent post you have read?

I asked that on the other forum section. Dan said it didn't happen to him.

You know, like when big business cant be bothered with the little guys anymore, they just say 'oh it works fine for me' and that's supposed to make your problem not true or disappear!!!

(lol. Actually Dan said he'd look at it after he's done with 4 pages of his to do list)

globaleagle said:
Brookie Brawler said:

I asked that on the other forum section. Dan said it didn't happen to him.

You know, like when big business cant be bothered with the little guys anymore, they just say 'oh it works fine for me' and that's supposed to make your problem not true or disappear!!!

(lol. Actually Dan said he'd look at it after he's done with 4 pages of his to do list)
Only one page left

Harmless27 said:
SeaEagleRock8 - apologies. You are corernt. I mis-read the date on that thread as it was written as 08-03-2013, and I made the assumption that it was the 8th march, when in fact it was 3rd August. I stabnd corrected :)
Harmless mistake.

Because I fear a revolt from GE in league with his hats revolt, I skipped to the end of my list, and then up a little as curiously the last two items on the list read "Cat food" and "yoghurt", which makes me think that someone has been tampering with my list, Leanne I am looking at you!.

Ok so here is how the last post functionality works.

In normal theme, if you click on the green arrow next to a post, you will be taken to the last first unread post in the thread. If you click on "last post" you are taken to the last post of the thread

In the mobile theme, the same as the above, just replace green arrow with tiny navy triangle.

Later when I am re-theming the site I will make the last post link go to the last unread if this is what everyone would prefer.

As for the icon for showing this is an old revived thread, I will do this during retheming which is currently underway.

Cheers
Dan

Harmless27 said:

There is a setting for the way dates are displayed in your UserCP >> options

Dan said:
Because I fear a revolt from GE in league with his hats revolt, I skipped to the end of my list, and then up a little as curiously the last two items on the list read "Cat food" and "yoghurt", which makes me think that someone has been tampering with my list, Leanne I am looking at you!.

In normal theme, if you click on the green arrow next to a post, you will be taken to the last first unread post in the thread. If you click on "last post" you are taken to the last post of the thread

Cheers
Dan

Cat food and yogurt....lol!

I have it on good authority the GE and his hats are revolting.

globaleagle said:

Try a bit of tomato sauce GE. Always works for me.

Clint said:
globaleagle said:

Try a bit of tomato sauce GE. Always works for me.

2 quick things:
1) Tomato sauce is terrible, and
2) I didn't mean to type 'the GE'.....sounds a bit big headed. Oh and tomato sauce is terrible!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4