Teams we should beat without Tom

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
Watching this arvos game got me thinking who are the teams we really should beat without Tom. I mean we play like we did last night we can still win plenty. Looking through the draw at very least I think the following:

Warriors (h)
Wests (a)
Bye
Knights (h)
Dragons (a)
Gold Coast (a)
Raiders (a)
Dogs (a)

That would get us 26pts. Plus other winnable games at Brookie like Easts, Sharks, Parra, cowboys.

Surely our luck with injuries and guys out has to change soon. It can’t get any worse.

Watching this arvos game got me thinking who are the teams we really should beat without Tom. I mean we play like we did last night we can still win plenty. Looking through the draw at very least I think the following:

Warriors (h)
Wests (a)
Bye
Knights (h)
Dragons (a)
Gold Coast (a)
Raiders (a)
Dogs (a)

That would get us 26pts. Plus other winnable games at Brookie like Easts, Sharks, Parra, cowboys.

Surely our luck with injuries and guys out has to change soon. It can’t get any worse.
Mate you know as well as I do that we WILL put in a magic rd like performance next week in Melbourne.

Manly can win games without Tom and on our day we are capable of beating most teams. It looks like a season ending injury for Tom and maybe a chance to give Koula a crack at full back and see what he can do. We have other players to come back as well and if we play like we did last night we will win our fair share of games!

Fark I feel like this post was a self fulfilling prophecy! Literally posted it then news of him out for the season breaks. FFS can’t take a trick. Oh well one players misfortune will be another’s opportunity.

Warriors (h)
Wests (a)
Bye
Knights (h)
Dragons (a)
Gold Coast (a)
Raiders (a)
Dogs (a)

I wouldn't be that confident of winning any of those away games. Reckon we lose more than we win of the 5 away games you have highlighted.

The one thing it does is take any pressure of expectation off the group. We can now play a bit more freely - nobody will rate us, including opposition teams. That can be to our advantage. And I’m excited to see koula hopefully at fullback. More open space and the way he caught the ball last night (hands over his head) was exciting to see. He outleapt lane who’s far taller than him. He should’ve had a try. Not all doom and gloom.

I've been impressed with Garrick filling in at fullback, significant improvement on last year, plus tom's form this year has been pretty down, so imo its not the end of the world even if hes is out.

Feel like we have an relatively easier draw, lets see how it goes...

I've been impressed with Garrick filling in at fullback, significant improvement on last year, plus tom's form this year has been pretty down, so imo its not the end of the world even if hes is out.

Feel like we have an relatively easier draw, lets see how it goes...
Tbh @Keffola i kind of feel the same way. I also got the impression Tom would be nursing that knee all year and not be at 100%. We’ve shown already we can win without him and did last year as well - and I think our outside back depth is better this year. Plus we lose him for at least 4 games in origin period anyway.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6