Team vs. Newcastle (Plus pre game waffle)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Moses Suli
3. Brian Kelly
4. Dylan Walker
5. Akuila Uate
6. Jackson Hastings
7. Daly Chery-Evans
8. Addin Fonua-Blake
9. Api Koroisau
10. Marty Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Frank Winterstein
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lewis Brown
15. Taniela Paseka
16. Shaun Lane
17. Lloyd Perrett

would be my team.
No 14 selection Lewis Brown we are going back, way back to...
Back_to_the_Future_film_series_logo.png

NRL FOX >>>

SEA EAGLES V KNIGHTS

Friday, 6pm at Lottoland

Sea Eagles mail: Brad Parker (knee) is out with Matthew Wright his likely replacement on the wing.

Knights mail: Mitchell Pearce (pec) is out but Connor Watson is set to return from a shoulder injury. Jack Cogger will be retained in the halves.

“His greatest attribute is probably how hard he competes,” Nathan Brown said of Cogger.

“He had some nice subtle touches which is something he’s worked hard on over the last two or three years on his game. He certainly put his hand in the window to deserve another shot next week.”

Uate has had 9 years of NRL to redeem his catching : after the players went out the night before the Titans game and not punished : then produced disgusting performances since - it’s time to make a few changes moving forward to the future not backwards putting in guys like Brown and Matt Wright . The teams selected above are tweaked well and I agree , AFB should come on as interchange for more impact .

Have to say Bozo... you were all over this during the pre season. I was in the Croker must have huge potential camp. And seven rounds in, I concede that you were spot on mate.
I have been wrong many times mate . We all have been wrong with players that we thought would come good . I am still waiting for my prediction of Tom Wright to be the next Immortal.
untitled.png

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Moses Suli
3. Brian Kelly
4. Dylan Walker
5. Tevita Funa
6. Jackson Hastings
7. Daly Chery-Evans
8. Addin Fonua-Blake
9. Api Koroisau
10. Shaun Lane
11. Joel Thompson
12. Jack Gosiewski
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Tom Wright
15. Taniela Paseka
16. Martin Taupau
17. Lloyd Perrett

Funa is a big strong lad who can goal kick. Looked good in under 20s. Tom Wright deserves a go.. not sure what Croker offers to have more chances. Tapau dropped to bench for a few **** performances. I don't like starting both he and AFB as we lose impact off the bench.

Will never happen. We will be unchanged yet again. With m wright on the wing.

My side.......and Hastings wont be getting a run so lets stop bleating on about it.

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Moses Suli (clearence needed obviously)
3. Brian Kelly
4. Dylan Walker
5. Aku Uate
6. Lachlan Croker
7. Daly Chery-Evans
8. Addin Fonua-Blake
9. Api Koroisau
10. Marin Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Jack Gosiewski
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Tom Wright
15. Taniela Paseka
16. Shaun Lane
17. Tof Sipley

As stated, Hastings ain't getting a run, so lets give Tom Wright a chance, not much to lose

Id have Tommy to 4 , Wright to 1 and Jackson to 6 . Kelly has no size for wing so regies . Parker to wing if fit otherwise young Anderson or suli . Tom Wright (maybe) as a utility off the bench .

I have been wrong many times mate . We all have been wrong with players that we thought would come good . I am still waiting for my prediction of Tom Wright to be the next Immortal.
View attachment 8137
Bozo i think as a supersub type impact player . A transition off the bench without to much pressure.

Bozo i think as a supersub type impact player . A transition off the bench without to much pressure.
At least your thinking brad . I wish our coaching staff could do that too .
Predictability creates complacency . The opposition coaches also love predicable line ups . Especially the ones that keep losing

There aren’t many options I’m afraid. I’d bring in Sipley and T Wright for Uate and Perret. Wish we had an option for Croker but we don’t yet

Yes there is. His name is Hastings. He is the only one in our squad with zip and has the X factor. Crocker and Uate should be nowhere near our team. Time for a shake up. Pretty boy has to eat humble pie and recall Hastings. As a coach you should pick your best 17.

As Disco said, Hastings isn't going to be picked. If Barrett picks him after all the **** that's happened, there will be more unwanted media attention than there is now, they'll have a field day with it.

And let's be honest, it's not like we've banished Cliffy Lyons to reggies. He's showed glimpses of potential, but that's it. The whole push for him to come in is more that Croker needs to go.

So, find another alternative. I'd be happy to give Tom Wright a shot there. Probably not his natural position going forward, but he has played there a bit. Also more of a running, instinctive 5/8 than the game manager we are told DCE needs to be effective. However as DCE is our captain, highest paid player and part of the reason we're in this mess, maybe he needs to step up and play that role. His running game has been non existent the last couple of week anyway.

Agree, we all bagged the crap out of Aku, but during the first half ( all I saw) they kept bombing him and he kept catching the ball well.

Credit where credit is due!!

@ando mate you give me a “ disagree” for that comment. I watched the first half ( only) and saw Uate catch the ball 3 times and not drop it once!

I wasn’t saying “ Aku’s the greatest of all time” simply saying he improved last week in his catching ability!!

And he did ( in the first half ), as to what he did for the rest of the game I didn’t watch!!

@ando mate you give me a “ disagree” for that comment. I watched the first half ( only) and saw Uate catch the ball 3 times and not drop it once!

I wasn’t saying “ Aku’s the greatest of all time” simply saying he improved last week in his catching ability!!

And he did ( in the first half ), as to what he did for the rest of the game I didn’t watch!!
Uate was one of the better players actually. No mistakes and ran hard

Hopefully Manly’s Brain trust plan to negate Ponga on Friday by Manly kicking to the right side of the field : therefore Ponga collects the ball near the knights left sideline. Ponga will have to either run straight (ish) which he does not like to (self preservation) or run overs - left to right - which is not his preferred side. All Ponga breaks ; try’s - & try assists from the other side : his preferred natural side left hand carry skip from right to left.
Go Manly.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4