Team vs Bunnies

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Anyone want to share their thoughts.

Sounds like we could be without Brett from what Tooves said at the presser. Lawrence will be right though.

Stewart
Gutherson
Lyon
Matai
Hiku
Foran
DCE
Starling
Hodges
Lawrence
Watmough
Lui
Symonds

Taufua
JSL
Horo
King

If Stewart out, Blair on to the wing and Hiku or Gutherson to FB.

U cant play lui on an edge he will get found out he is a middle forward, we did the same thing with choc on the edge and he was an open door. Leave horo there he will be better next week

Lui played 13 when Choc and Horo were out, it's just a number on a jersey. I think he should start ahead of Horo.

As for Tafua on the bench ?? complete waste of a resource, it doesn't offer any positives. He's not a utility so he is either in the run on side or not in the 17.

If Snake is out we are screwed. Our attack looks very sideways without him and his organisation in defence was missing last night.

Hodges is a capable enough replacement though so that is one less worry.

Assuming Snake is still out (and sounds like he will be...hope it's not for the season but usually is for him as at this age he takes a while to recover), then what we had last night is about the best we are going to get.

I have no idea who could replace Tafua BUT if not every side we play will adopt the same approach as last night, and every time they do it's a try 50% of the time.

IF Snake is just a week they MUST......MUST drop Tafua and put Gutherson in.

Hiku isn't a winger either but again what choice do we have.

Let's be honest.....no snake,buhrer,ballin.glen and the team fielded starts to lose its relevance.the one thing that is a constant in our game is the healthiest top 4 side usually wins the comp.The other 3 (if the cows make it) are virtually 100 per cent ok with the exception of Friend.Fate like 09 has dealt us a blow.Just damn unlucky again.

Chip and Chase said:
Lui played 13 when Choc and Horo were out, it's just a number on a jersey. I think he should start ahead of Horo.ui

As for Tafua on the bench ?? complete waste of a resource, it doesn't offer any positives. He's not a utility so he is either in the run on side or not in the 17.

If Snake is out we are screwed. Our attack looks very sideways without him and his organisation in defence was missing last night.

Hodges is a capable enough replacement though so that is one less worry.
I agree with u that horo should be bench, and I also agree lui shoud start ,when lui started at 13 he replced choc in the middle . Buhrer took horos spot on the edge. I would start lui and bench choc , choc has hands like feet these days , if we replce horo we need an edge player , say chee or daniel Harrison. Replacing ballin with hodge worked, replacing snake with gutherson worked. Replacing bj with king dog worked , but finding a replacement for jamie buhrer has been our biggest problem .

JSL is the obvious edge running forward other than T-Red.

I assume that Hasson will be cited for his spear tackle so he may not be available anyway. There was someone on the other leg, who I can't recall now. Did they go between the legs and lift as well ?? We may have two fronting the judiciary.

At this point that would indicate that Chee Kam will get another run, unless they go for some size in Andrews. Bench of King, JSL, Horo + one other, assuming BJ is back and Lui and T-Red start

I'm still confused as to why luaki hasn't been given a run ? He's got the experience, tooves just says run the ball hard hold it and make your tackles ! What are these young forwards offering that he couldn't ?

I have heard he isn't great at making tackles - i.e. lateral defense. I have only seen a small amount of him and didn't really get a read on it

snake was obviously rested....
Foz said after the game Brett's hammie pulled up sore, but we heard all night he rolled his ankle!

Brookie said:
Foz said after the game Brett's hammie pulled up sore, but we heard all night he rolled his ankle!

I hope you are right.

Why did Tooves say he wasn't sure Brett would be right next week? He seemed resigned to being without him.

bennyeagle said:
I'm still confused as to why luaki hasn't been given a run ? He's got the experience, tooves just says run the ball hard hold it and make your tackles ! What are these young forwards offering that he couldn't ?

He's big and slow, and didn't look ready for 1st grade to me.

bob dylan said:
Brookie said:

I hope you are right.

Why did Tooves say he wasn't sure Brett would be right next week? He seemed resigned to being without him.

Choc just said on Channel nein that he rolled his ankle and could of played but didn't.
Should be right for next week. Fingers crossed. :-/

Shoe1 said:
bennyeagle said:

He's big and slow, and didn't look ready for 1st grade to me.

So why did we buy him?

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/brett-stewart-under-injury-cloud-for-manlys-playoffs-opener-against-souths-20140907-10dlb1.html

Star fullback Brett Stewart is in doubt for Manly's opening finals clash against South Sydney at Allianz Stadium after the ankle injury that sidelined him from the Sea Eagles 30-16 loss to North Queensland was found to be worse than believed.
Stewart, who suffered the injury at training on Friday, was a late withdrawal from Saturday night's match in Townsville and is considered only a 50-50 chance of being fit to play against the Rabbitohs.

Gutherson would do fine on the wing but Brett Stewart is really needed at fullback in attack and defense. Here's hoping.

Gutho and Peta are much better under the bomb than Jorge is, we all know that. And with Reynolds likely to be back for the Vermin they'll have a pair of halves who will bomb him and us into oblivion if we're not careful.

On the other hand, Jorge played ok in the second half and actually caught a few, and it was his long break that led to Gutho's try.

I'm glad I'm not Tooves.

Chip and Chase said:
I assume that Hasson will be cited for his spear tackle so he may not be available anyway. There was someone on the other leg, who I can't recall now. Did they go between the legs and lift as well ?? We may have two fronting the judiciary.

It was Symonds...and he had a good hold as well.:(

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4