Team v Raiders

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

madmax

Bencher
If all players are available (as it appears at this stage) & apart from Taupau:-
B Stewart
J Taufua
D Walker
J Lyon / S Matai
Tom T
A Koroisau / J Lyon
DCE
D Lussick
M Parcell
B Lawrence
L Brown
J Buhrer
Jake T

Res:
S Matai / A Koroisau
S Vave
N Myles
AFB

Matai off the bench & causing big problems for the opposition after 20 minutes & keeping his body in tact for short bursts. I also think we missed AFB's chargers thru the middle last night.

What ever happens man lyon has to stay at 6 and bring api off the bench. We cant f... around with these combos anymore . Killer is a proven 6 and a great foil for dce so enough tampering for this year anyway. Other then that its a very good side .
What do you think about Matai off the bench?

I like the combination of Daly and Jamie in the halves. We can utilise Jamie's kicking game better from there. However, I like Api's energy and enthusiasm when he plays. We would have beaten the raiders last night had we played them, so I'd be tempted to field the same side again if I were Trent. We have been calling for a 'shake up/try something different' from Trent, and it worked well.

Matai off the bench, I'm not sure of. His body would benefit from it, but I think he is an 80 minute centre more than an impact forward. The idea gets floated a bit now and then, and I'm sure Steve would play wherever asked. He wouldn't be the first centre to gravitate to the pack, but I don't think it would suit him.

We have to win its impossible for us to lose IMO we have a full strength team without Marty, we have lost 3 in a row we have 2 weeks to get ready. I'm backing us to win but if we don't top 8 is out of the question

This is my first and last ever team list.

B Stewart
J Taufua
D Walker
S Matai
Tom T
J Lyon
DCE
Myles
M Parcell
B Lawrence
T symonds
J Buhrer
Jake T

Res:
Brown
S Vave
Starling
AFB

Who starts and who comes off the bench to me is a weekly proposition dependent on perceived strengths or weaknesses of the opposition.

Lussick, Given him plenty of time, no better today than he was when he debuted. Very little impact and too many dumb plays. (Gooorrrnne)

Api, great individual player, but he plays in positions that require him to get the best out of others. In this he fails. No use being a standout in a losing side. (Only value to me is as an energetic impact player of the bench)

Don't carry Koroisou, Buhrer, Parcell and Brown all together. Need to lose one there.
Id say let's stay open minded about going smaller and playing an API, Godinet, Skivvy not as a hooker, but as a smaller impact roving player aka a Tyrone Peaches.

My concern all week since Tuesday was how the two smaller back rowers would go starting together and then Leary on the bench.

. I'll accept I was wrong, it worked and balanced us, except I am not sure Leary is in the type of form to be in the top grade ATM.

As watching the game I think our backrowers being smaller was exactly what we needed, Baz got it right. It balanced our squad.

When we think about it, we aren't short of big boppers this year. Jake is a prop playing lock. We have 2 genuine starting props. And then we have either 2 or 3 genuine props on the bench.

We no longer are playing a second rowers sized player like Hasson and getting him to play up.

I'm willing to say maybe even another small, mobile, quick guy in the front line, with more speed then Leary next to a prop really has Merrit.

Defensively Brown and Bruhrer had the line speed and mobility to put pressure on and makes a tackle, hold the player up. Then the big boppers arrived and we drove the sharkies back.

As long as we aren't too staggered creating gaps for the opposition in defence. But how silly and narrow minded were we, of course the way you balance big is add small.

If that is the case, Skivvy playing a roaming Rover role using his speed in both defence and attack has real Merrit.

His work rate will double but his time on the field would probably more then be halved as well.

I honestly think we drop Leary and an API or Skivvy play that role. Mindful they are likely standing next to Vave.

We have to win its impossible for us to lose IMO we have a full strength team without Marty, we have lost 3 in a row we have 2 weeks to get ready. I'm backing us to win but if we don't top 8 is out of the question

I totally agree , Friday weeks game is season defining in my books.

If TB who will have had 2 weeks to prepare a side to play the raiders who will be coming off a 5 day turnaround cannot get this side up and win serious questions needs to be raised.

Also having basically a full strength line up ( except Marty) really gives him no excuses.

Stewart
Hex
Walker
Matai
Tom T
Lyon
DCE
Vave
Parcell
Lawrence
Brown
Buhrer
Jake T

Res:
Lussick
Giant Dwarf
Starling
AFB

7 props. 7

For mine we should line up like:

FB - Brett Stewart
WG - Jorge Taufua / Brayden Wiliame
CE - Dylan Walker
CE - Steve Matai
WG - Tom Trbojevic
FE - Jamie Lyon (c)
HB - Daly Cherry-Evans
PR - Brenton Lawrence
HK - Matt Parcell
PR - Nate Myles
SR - Lewis Brown
SR - Jamie Buhrer
LK - Jake Trbojevic.

Res - Josh Starling, Addin Fonua-Blake, Siosaia Vave, Tom Symonds

AFB in for Lussick is a no brainer for me. Darcy is missing too many tackles and giving away too many silly penalties to be in first grade right now. And I would drop Leary like a bad habit and have T-Red on the bench. If Taufua is fit then play him, otherwise I'd have Wiliame on the wing.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6