Team prediction nrl

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/01/02/manly-sea-eagles-2019-round-1-predicted-team/

Manly Sea Eagles: 2019 Round 1 predicted team

Wed 2 Jan 2019, 08:01 AM
Returning coach Des Hasler has a big job on his hands to turn around a Manly outfit that only just dodged the 2018 wooden spoon.

He won't get a lot of help from big-name recruits, with Titans pair Kane Elgey and Brendan Elliott the only notable new names at this stage.

Elgey is likely to get first crack in the halves alongside skipper Daly Cherry-Evans, given Lachlan Croker's demotion to the development list, while Elliott will battle Brad Parker for a wing spot following the departures of Matt and Jono Wright and Aku Uate.

Former Dragons young-gun Reuben Garrick could be elevated to the starting side sooner than expected if Dylan Walker faces sanctions over an alleged domestic violence incident.

Curtis Sironen returns from injury to replace Shaun Lane in the back row.

round1-sea-eagles_20181200.jpg

Resident NRL.com expert Jamie Soward says:

"Underrated roster really when you look at some of their forwards. They haven't really recruited well. Dylan Walker, we'll have to wait and see what pans out there but he's in the best 17 if available.

"Kane Elgey needs a big year, it's on Kane straight away because Koroisau, Cherry-Evans and Tom Trbojevic are some of the elite guys in their position. Kane Elgey needs to come in with a mindset to run the ball."

NRL.com's predicted Round 1 team:

1. Tom Trbojevic
  2. Jorge Taufua
  3. Dylan Walker
  4. Moses Suli
  5. Brad Parker
  6. Kane Elgey
  7. Daly Cherry-Evans
  8. Addin Fonua-Blake
  9. Api Koroisau
  10. Martin Taupau
  11. Curtis Sironen
  12. Joel Thompson
  13. Jake Trbojevic
  14. Manase Fainu
  15. Jack Gosiewski
  16. Lloyd Perrett
  17. Kelepi Tanginoa
Other squad members: Cade Cust, Brendan Elliot, Tevita Funa, Reuben Garrick, Albert Hopoate, Taniela Paseka, Toff Sipley, Frank Winterstein

Paseka will definetley be in the 17 for round 1.
I feel like NRL.com based their prediction as if TB was still the coach. I think Des will try go with Elliott or someone else on the wing instead of Parker but I suppose even Des is undecided at this point.

Assume Dylan is okay to play:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Reuben Garrick
04. Dylan Walker
05. Albert Hopoate
06. Kane Elgey
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Marty Taupau
09. Apisai Koroisou
10. Addin Fonua-Blake
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Manase Fainu
15. Kelepi Tanginoa
16. Taniela Paseka
17. Corey Waddell

Would be my team. Built for mobility and speed.

Heck, I'd even go the Storm route and put Suli on the bench instead of Fainu. Then, you could throw him on in the forwards, if the backline is playing well.

API is perfectly okay playing 80 minutes.

I'd also consider Elliott over Garrick or Hopoate. Whoever plays out of their skins in the trials.

Just have to wait and see if Des and his coaching staff can get something better from or bring out the best from Suli "s undoubted ability this season . Would still tend to be on the optimistic side that he can go better but again will just have to wait and see i guess .

We all have our vices mate. Suli is my new Jye Mullane. BUT, end of the day, we are so light in the backs, we may need him.
I actually wish we kept Uate tbh. Guy may have dropped a few balls, but he was fast and explosive.

The way almost every team targeted Suli / Parker, when they wanted or needed a try game after game was so frustrating last season.

And couldn't run. Makes Jason King look like Usain Bolt. Also makes Kingy look anorexic these days. Suli is trying the George Rose diet .
The Rose diet might not have worked for George but it might work for Suli .
On the serious side . George was a very dominant player when he had his weight under control . One of my favourites actually .
A Good hearted bloke as well . Just loved his food . We all love something too much .
george-rose_1gsbhlym8qdua1cbbard32ky1v.jpg

I reckon Suli will have a decent 2019 and he copped too much pressure early on.....nothing to do with excusing his behaviour, just never seen him close to the early hype, a young Falau or Inglis deserve the wraps he got ....
Young Jade Anderson seems forgotten, speed and anticipation and plays wing/fullback.....a few kg and some experience could be a suprise.
Think Waddell from Penrith will sneak a bench spot 2019 and a starter from 2020

Remember Suli spent all of last season losing all that weight he had piled on so never really got into any real conditioning. This off season he will be in much better shape and 100% Des will be having a very close eye on him. I think we will see a fitter, stronger and explosive Suli this season.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6