Team needs changes for future Pt1

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ok my views on todays game and the squad in general.

Our forward pack carries too much weight and uses its weight to slow the play the ball down too much---the reason for our lack of recent success is the modern interpretation of acceptable play the ball speeds.(artificially speeding it up--i personally dont mind the wrestle in the ruck as i hate too much dummy half running its boring to watch)

The two best teams at slowing the play the ball were Melbourne and Manly both teams wrestled well and Manly have several players still stuck in this mode---Biggest offenders Stewart and Perry and as long as we continue down this path we will be hit with penalty after penalty---refs are pin pointing those players and calling them out each tackle and to be honest its justified.

Almost our entire pack is carrying weight Rose,Perry,Guluvao,Stewart and its pretty obvious why we struggle with second halves---Rose Perry and Guluvao have passed their use by date in the modern game and only offer impact off the bench for short periods. Stewart needs to slim down a little and seems to be always carrying his right shoulder.

Attack is slow and only looks comfortable when deep inside the quarter with Ballin drifting across with Foran hitting the second man or passing early to the centres. Hodkinson does not offer much other than inside balls or a link to Foran and lacks any speed to note. It obvious we need more speed around the park but too late for this year.

Our attack is slow? Um we scored like 80 points in the last 2 games. There
s nothing wrong with our attack.

I still think we lack a bit of speed but we will get that back next year with Snake and Wolfman back in the team.

Our attack is 3rd in the comp, I will take that personally

I tire as well of reading how Rose is too big to play NRL, is a load of rubbish imo. He was great off the bench again today, as he has been for the majority of the past season and a half

Not a bad writeup overall though

We were always going to get belted in the penalties by Shayne Hayne. I don't think we have ever won a penalty count with Hayne as the referee.

Glenn Stewart is improving but still guilty of not getting the balance right too often looking to ball play and crab sideways when he should be attacking straight at the outside backs and using ball play as a second option.

We rely too much on second man plays with a few slight variations what i would like to see is more smarts behind the attack - - -Grand Final 08 was a smart way of attacking with forwards changing angles around the ruck or spreading the ball then shifting it back inwards to tire the oppositions forwards then short pass interplay into holes through the middle.

Des needs to stop locking Watmough into left hand short side runs and allow him to drift into the middle hitting holes behind the ruck - - -Bellamy allowed this freedom more.

I like Rose's impact dont get me wrong but if your going to have that sort of player you have to rotate the bench more which we all know Des does not like to do---yes other teams do this also but have slimmer rosters.

Richard link said:
Glenn Stewart is improving but still guilty of not getting the balance right too often looking to ball play and crab sideways when he should be attacking straight at the outside backs and using ball play as a second option.

We rely too much on second man plays with a few slight variations what i would like to see is more smarts behind the attack - - -Grand Final 08 was a smart way of attacking with forwards changing angles around the ruck or spreading the ball then shifting it back inwards to tire the oppositions forwards then short pass interplay into holes through the middle.

Des needs to stop locking Watmough into left hand short side runs and allow him to drift into the middle hitting holes behind the ruck - - -Bellamy allowed this freedom more.
Ben Farah's try today was a good example of what you would like to see. We had some great lead up work from the forwards and then Kite delivered a great ball to Farah up the middle.

Technical Coach link said:
I like Rose's impact dont get me wrong but if your going to have that sort of player you have to rotate the bench more which we all know Des does not like to do---yes other teams do this also but have slimmer rosters.
please post more
your posts are a really good read

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7