Taupau opens big mouth

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
http://www.nrl.com/were-not-sacred-of-manly-taupau/tabid/10874/newsid/77334/default.aspx

"Red hot?" he rhetorically asked on Thursday. "Most people say they're intimidating. There's nothing that worries us as a forward pack, especially with our bench as well. We're not going to take a backward step.

"We're not scared of anyone, especially with James Gavet and Ava Seumanafagai. We're going to stand up [to] big Jason King. We stepped up to the Burgess brothers, we'll do the same thing with Manly."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gifty, Choc, and Kingy might have a little something to say about this, but i'm guessing it'll be said on the field, rather than in the papers!

Snake said:
http://www.nrl.com/were-not-sacred-of-manly-taupau/tabid/10874/newsid/77334/default.aspx

"Red hot?" he rhetorically asked on Thursday. "Most people say they're intimidating. There's nothing that worries us as a forward pack, especially with our bench as well. We're not going to take a backward step.

"We're not scared of anyone, especially with James Gavet and Ava Seumanafagai. We're going to stand up [to] big Jason King. We stepped up to the Burgess brothers, we'll do the same thing with Manly."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gifty, Choc, and Kingy might have a little something to say about this, but i'm guessing it'll be said on the field, rather than in the papers!

Pretty stupid of him to single an individual player out before the game…that's just gonna make Kingdog angrily mad….this Taupau guy is going to get belted….

In saying that this is another danger game like playing Parra…the tigers are going a lot better than last year and we need to come with the same aggression that we had last week to really nullify them. If we can match/dominate them in the forwards then Killer/DCE/Foz/Gifty are going to run riot and feed our wingers tries...

They are an impressive young pack.

The will be put in their place this weekend.

Could be another Mitch Allgood moment coming up.

Adam Blair ready for another belting.

There could be no better motivation than that, I reckon Toovey will have cut that out of the paper, blown it up and will stick it on the board on Sunday prior to the game.

If I was him I'd be saying "see this boys????...well what are you going to say to that???"..."lets rip in and show these pretenders that we are no Souths and no timid Burgess sisters....WE ARE MANLY"

I suppose being named, Ava,
you would learn to fight at a young age.
Haha.

The Tiger Woods said, they watched the Manly-Souths game, & used the Manly blueprint to beat Souths.
So, what the hell are these clowns talking about?

Nothing wrong with it. In this day an age where clubs are struggling to get people through the gate, this sort of stuff can help get the people in. I've been impressed with the Tigers this year. Good young players in a lot of positions and probably further along then I thought they'd be.

Taupau - so good the Dogs with their limitless cap let him go.

I have liked watching the Tigpies this year though, they appear to have the makings of a quality side. Good luck to them

I like Taupau. I wish we'd signed big Marty. He has the makings of a club favourite at the Tigers. He has energy and confidence and stands out in a forward pack that is going well. The dogs made a mistake letting him go. It's going to be a little sad watching him get smashed by our forwards this week. :D

Have no problems with this. Taupau has issued a challenge and its up to Manly to either shut him and his forward pack up or his words do stand true. Looking forward to the encounter and I'm sure our guys will be extra motivated by Tapau's comments.

Do we pronounce his name Taw Paw or Too Poo? ( I am not having a go here I just don't watch non-Manly games so I haven't seen the bloke play.)

I think that if you upset the mighty Manly team you do it at your own peril.

Just look at Souths (The February Premiers) - they haven't won since they played us.

I also have a sneaking suspicion that Easts will be beaten this weekend too, after playing us last Friday.

Daddycool08 said:
Do we pronounce his name Taw Paw or Too Poo? ( I am not having a go here I just don't watch non-Manly games so I haven't seen the bloke play.)

Ta Pow

When he played for us the potential was there, plays with a lot of energy just has hands like feet.

Applaud it. Young fella wants to mark his territory and challenges the old dog. Now it's time for him to step up, and Kingy needs to avoid the trap of hunting him down for the sake of it. The Tigers fans are excited by this contest, one that they would have feared a month ago. Makes for a great atmosphere at Leichardt and the energy will help our guys as much as theirs. Bring it on!!!

Hamster Huey said:
the energy will help our guys as much as theirs
Yes, the comments should ensure we don't go in complacent, so thanks for that Marty.

Guzzler said:
But is Pow pronounced as in 'cow' or Pow as in 'low'
I thought it was pronounced T'Po (like 'go')!

Gould loves using, "And Taupau goes Kaapow", as in the old Batman comics and Adam West TV show. Is it pronounced Gould as in Fooled, or Gould as in Should??

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6