Taupau and AFB charged

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

damiennp90

Bencher
Hi Palls

During the game I posted that Taupau would get suspended.

Both are 2 games if guilty. 3 if not guilty.

Taupau's is the definition of a shoulder charge. I'm thinking he is getting close to sacking in my book. How many suspensions can you get!! At least matai learned and adjusted.

I didn't see AFBs shoulder charge. Any chance ???

Last edited:
Just a heads up, it's Tapau. I do think he could get off as Jake made the impact from the side and Tapau was starting to wrap his arms when the Parra player went down. Could go either way. Getting close to a sacking? That'll do me.

I didn't notice the AFB one either.

The charge text from NRL

Sea Eagles props Martin Taupau and Addin Fonua-Blake are both facing two-match bans, both cited by the NRL match review committee for shoulder charges in their side's Round 1 loss to the Eels on Sunday afternoon.

Taupau was charged for his shot on Parramatta counterpart Suaia Matagi in the 13th minute, with three prior non-similar offences in the past two years adding 60 per cent loading to the 200-point base penalty for the charge.

A similar offence in the past two years added 50 per cent loading to Fonua-Blake's charge, with both men to miss two matches if they accept an early guilty plea. The front-row duo will miss three matches if they unsuccessfully challenge their charges at the NRL judiciary.

Yea marty needs to cut the s$@t out of his game.. Great runs and a nice offload but then he un does all his good work with a stupid penalty.. Be it a shoulder charge, or an intentional late hit off the ball... Last year it seems like he would play a few games, miss a few, play a few, miss a couple... Was really hoping he wouldnt do that this year, as we need him fit and firing and NOT SUSPENDED... Hope its a one off and he learns from it... But recent history suggests otherwise

Just a heads up, it's Tapau. I do think he could get off as Jake made the impact from the side and Tapau was starting to wrap his arms when the Parra player went down. Could go either way. Getting close to a sacking? That'll do me.

I didn't notice the AFB one either.

it's actually Taupau.

He's by far our best forward in my opinion. But that's when he's on the field.

And it's not one issue. Spear tackles, swinging arms, shoulder tackles he's been suspended for all of them.

You also can't curb his aggression. He won't play well without it.

Is he just like Greg Bird. You just know he's going to be suspended and just take the time on the field we're he is.

it's actually Taupau.
Well don't I feel like the a$$hole?! Fair play.
I just think people expect way too much of Marty and miss all the great stuff he does - close to a sacking is a little over the top wouldn't you say?

wtf? You mean Taupau's tackle that Gus raved on about how amazing it was?
The tackle where no one was hurt and no head clashes occurred?
The one where everyone said what a brilliant huge hit it was?
And the one where he had his right arm on the player which is enough to get say, a burgess off any day of the week.

That tackle?

The mrc can really go and check themselves into rehab.

"Oh Manly lost but still played ok. Hey how about that Taupau? Scary stuff. Is there anyway we can rub him out before they play the bunnies?"

"Yeah but it's dodgy?"

"Yeah but it's Manly."

"All in favour then?"

"Aye" "Aye" "Aye" "Aye" "Aye" "Aye" "Aye" "Aye" "Aye" "Aye" "Aye" "Aye" "Aye" "Aye" "Aye""Aye" "Aye" "Aye" "Aye" "Aye""Aye" "Aye" "Aye" "Aye" "Aye""Aye" "Aye" "Aye" "Aye" "Aye""Aye" "Aye" "Aye" "Aye" "Aye""Aye" "Aye" "Aye" "Aye" "Aye""Aye" "Aye" "Aye" "Aye" "Aye""Aye" "Aye" "Aye" "Aye" "Aye""Aye" "Aye" "Aye" "Aye" "Aye""Aye" "Aye" "Aye" "Aye" "Aye""Aye" "Aye" "Aye" "Aye" "Aye""Aye" "Aye" "Aye" "Aye" "Aye""Aye" "Aye" "Aye" "Aye" "Aye""Aye" "Aye" "Aye" "Aye" "Aye""Aye" "Aye" "Aye" "Aye" "Aye""Aye" "Aye" "Aye" "Aye" "Aye""Aye" "Aye" "Aye" "Aye" "Aye""Aye" "Aye" "Aye" "Aye" "Aye""Aye" "Aye" "Aye" "Aye" "Aye""Aye" "Aye" "Aye" "Aye" "Aye""Aye" "Aye" "Aye" "Aye" "Aye""Aye" "Aye" "Aye" "Aye" "Aye""Aye" "Aye" "Aye" "Aye" "Aye""Aye" "Aye" "Aye" "Aye" "Aye"

wankers.

Last edited:
Well that did't take long to see our guys spending time on the sideline.

When I saw the hit in question (Kapows) I was thinking to my self that hit was a questionable shoulder charge.

Kapow might have a case, but knowing that its Rd1, he will prob take the plea.

If they do both get done, it will be a very interesting selection process given Darcy is still probably another two weeks away.

Possibly Lane and Amone? Hard to say. Lawrence and Myles as starting props is not overly intimidating, so any advantage we had over Souths without Reynolds and Inglis might now be eliminated.

This will test the boys.

Given the huge disincentive to fight any judiciary charge, I'm guessing the club will just accept two weeks for both players. Where that leaves us is anybody's guess. I thought Lane was injured, so he's not an option. Maybe it's time Zorba made a comeback.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8