Taufua Try

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Napper

Bencher
I mentioned it in another thread but seems it wasnt noticed by a few on here, Thurston, video ref, the media, shayne hayne, channel 9.

BEFORE he advances the ball a second time (ref was correct momentum no d movement anyway) as he plants the ball near the line, the ball twists under his hand with the point of the ball on the line.

No question a fair try! BOD was ridiculous for that try.

Was fair try in my opinion no matter what. Benefit of the doubt was the right call though

I agree with all of you!

I was thinking that to myself when it happened too.

Thanks BE for that still shot!

Brookie said:
try time on the line in the first movement
I don't believe in trolling and never visit opposition sites - except for one minor broncos offense as a youngster. But someone should put that still shot up on the cowboys site just for topical debate. It would be interesting to see if level headed persons changed their opinions.

There are no level headed people in Northern Qld Nicci. They prefer to subscribe to the theory that they were robbed, it's easier than facing their teams inadequacies and dealing with their shortcomings. They want to go on blindly thinking they were the better team and were dealt a mjaor injustice. Truth is they were outplayed, had one joke of try awarded to them and scored another on the back of an obstruction and dodgy penalty. We blew 2 or 3 other good chances as well. Best side won.

niccipops said:
Brookie said:
try time on the line in the first movement
I don't believe in trolling and never visit opposition sites - except for one minor broncos offense as a youngster. But someone should put that still shot up on the cowboys site just for topical debate. It would be interesting to see if level headed persons changed their opinions.

They would probably claim that it was doctored to look like the ball was on the line

http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/nrl-admits-to-one-refereeing-blunder-but-not-the-other-20120915-25ys1.html

Begs the question, who owns the yellow boot?

No way it was a double movement. As in the above twitter link, the ball clearly grazes the chalk before the disputed double movement happened. Can't recall that being noticed by ch nein during the replays when it seemed somewhat obvious.

cava2323 said:
http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/nrl-admits-to-one-refereeing-blunder-but-not-the-other-20120915-25ys1.html

No way it was a double movement. As in the above twitter link, the ball clearly grazes the chalk before the disputed double movement happened. Can't recall that being noticed by ch nein during the replays when it seemed somewhat obvious.

The yellow boot was definitely one of the tacklers (Graham's i think) - saw the side-on shot on one of the news sites, Jorge's boots were white and well inside the touchline

Jorge boy did brilliantly to draw his legs up as he was turning over, and with graham trying to take them over the sideline. I don't see any problem with that try at all.

IT IS the $0 contract that looms as Manly's secret weapon to becoming the first team since 1993 to defend their premiership title.
Following the departures of grand final winners William Hopoate and Michael Robertson at the end of last season some predicted Manly could struggle out wide but an unwanted rookie has stepped in to fill the void.
Not rated by his junior club Parramatta and with no other NRL side knocking on his door, Jorge Taufua joined the Sea Eagles last year for literally nothing as he chased his rugby league dream.
Taufua was the man of the match in Manly's controversial win against North Queensland on Friday night, scoring a try and setting up another in the 22-12 triumph.
While his performance usurped that of Cowboys ace Johnathan Thurston - the player many expect to become rugby league's first million-dollar man - Taufua signed for only $30,000 this season.
His manager, John Frare, revealed Taufua has become one of the best bargain buys in recent seasons.
"He didn't earn a cent last year from football," Frare said. "It was more of an opportunity and getting him over to Manly. He played fullback for the bulk of the season in the under-20s."
His impressive performances for the youth team led to him being awarded a bargain basement contract extension this year plus a $3000 per NRL game bonus.
Barring injury, Taufua stands to earn almost $70,000 if Manly reach the grand final.
"He was playing at Parramatta but they didn't think he was good enough to play in their under-20s team and wanted him to play in the back row which he didn't want to do," Frare said.
"[Manly assistant coach] David Penna saw him and liked him and he has done a lot of work on him."
Taufua inked a two-year deal worth double his current contract earlier this year.
Frare said at the time there was little interest in the 20-year-old but in recent weeks he had been inundated with rival clubs inquiring about Taufua's contract status.
Taufua ran for 268 metres on Friday night with North Queensland representative prop James Tamou (226m) the only other player to crack the 200-metre mark.
"When he set up that try for Brett Stewart it was one of the first times I've seen him smile on the football field," Frare said.

A lot of the reaction just gets down to the biased nine commentary. As others here have noted Fox were more balanced. Nine barely mentioned the winterstein strip and completely ignored the fact that Thurston's pass for the try was about a metre forward. Apparently that doesnt count even though the illegitimacy of that try was beyond any dispute. But when it comes to Foran's touch which no one could verify, the flood gates opened to about 30 minutes of sustained complaint/ref trashing and deligitimisation of the Manly win. Hard to swallow that these senile dribblers have got another 5 years in the chair. Gould is an embarresment.

cava2323 said:

It certainly wasn't Tafua's boot but it did belong to the Cowboy player who had hold of him around the waist. Both of Tafua's feet are under the armpit area of I think it is Brent Tate.

A2w03DdCYAEBiO3.jpg:large

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6