Taufua: Two year contract extension.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Your the ring worm buddy dont insult me because im sick of this dud costing us games ! Your not a real manly fan same with the kids who liked your comment. Must be from the same hole you crawled out of! Jorge is not a 1st grader... fact! Your the kind of person that wakes up every day looking for something to complain about hahaha now go back into the hole you emerged from lil ring worm
Ummmm......learn to spell & write before you call me a worm. I am a real Manly fan. You're the worm with no ball$ that hides behind a keyboard & calls our players names knowing they can't touch you! I'm actually not complaining, rather showing my disapproval of degrading name calling just because you dislike a player. It's not necessary mate. Express what you like but name calling is pretty low.
PS ring worms don't crawl into holes. FYI It's a skin condition........who's the 'kid' now! Oh but hey you're the real manly fan.

Nice use of stats to make a point Woodsie.
However, we all know if anyone who follows RL was asked to rate the six wingers stated that there would be five in front of Jorge.
While he has been a great servant of the club, and fearless in making hard yards, the modern winger is taller, faster and more athletic as catching and diffusing high kicks is so important these days.
Mind you, we don't seem to have many alternatives in our NRL top 29 so I think he'll keep getting picked.
@Woodsie should give you a winner for this post, after all, he looooooves facts.

I think Jorge still has something to offer... he hasn’t been great there’s no denying that, but if he can start playing to his strengths again he may well rise once more.
I really like Jorge but he really looks shaky under the high ball and looks like he looses sight of the ball when it’s in the air. I think it’s a confidence thing for Jorge and he does look to have much at the present. I hope he rediscovers his self belief soon!

Nice use of stats to make a point Woodsie.
However, we all know if anyone who follows RL was asked to rate the six wingers stated that there would be five in front of Jorge.
While he has been a great servant of the club, and fearless in making hard yards, the modern winger is taller, faster and more athletic as catching and diffusing high kicks is so important these days.
Mind you, we don't seem to have many alternatives in our NRL top 29 so I think he'll keep getting picked.

Which is why I said ... if you don't think he is still good enough , that's a reasonable opinion .... but you need to come up with a reason other than errors ...

Because the stats clearly show that as far as handling errors and missed tackles go .... he is nowhere near the worst ..... and in fact close to the best ...

Which is why I said ... if you don't think he is still good enough , that's a reasonable opinion .... but you need to come up with a reason other than errors ...

Because the stats clearly show that as far as handling errors and missed tackles go .... he is nowhere near the worst ..... and in fact close to the best ...
Fair points; however, what the stats don’t tell is whether those errors result in points for the opposition and/or at crucial points in the game. It seems to me that we often cop points after an error by Jorge as it is usually at our end rather than in attack in the opposition’s half.

Id also suggest his play the balls are excessively slow. On NRL 360 the other night Benji Marshall mentioned that the key thing he wants from his team mates is quick play the balls - without it there is too much pressure on the halves. Our attack slows down noticeably when Jorge gets tackled.

Wingers mean more to teams these days than they have in the past - we are all aware of that. They make plenty of metres and finish; however, teams need game breakers on the wing. Ado Carr, Ferguson (Radradra in the past), Tupou, Maumalo, Rapana etc. each one of those scare opposition defences and can break open a game at any time - nobody worries about Jorge breaking open a game. He doesn’t have the exceptional reliability of a Robertson to offset his flaws either.

I think it is time to move on, even if it means giving a youngster a crack. The likelihood is that Jorge will stay there until Des believes Hoppa is ready to come in.

Another consideration when determining Jorge's form is that for the past 2 years he hasn't really been blessed with opportunities or golden service from a quality backline ....... outside Killer he would still be scoring 20 meat pies a season ....

Totally disagree and have video evidence to prove it

Have a look at the highlights of jorge and he clearly makes his mark on his own

Watch Jorge use his own brute power , speed and agility to make those tries his own

Weird to think Jorge is 6'0" and is considered short for a modern winger.

Then again there are only 2 shorter players in our squad of 17 this weekend.

For the record:

Tom: 6'4"
Jorge: 6'0"
Moses: 6'2"
Brad: 6'4"
Reuben: 6'2"
Kane: 5'11"
DCE: 6'0"
AFB: 6'2"
Api: 5'8"
Marty: 6'3"
Joel: 6'3"
Curtis: 6'5"
Jake: 6'1"

Manase: 6'1"
Tof: 6'1"
Jack: 6'3"
Corey: 6'3"

Weird to think Jorge is 6'0" and is considered short for a modern winger.

Then again there are only 2 shorter players in our squad of 17 this weekend.

For the record:

Tom: 6'4"
Jorge: 6'0"
Moses: 6'2"
Brad: 6'4"
Reuben: 6'2"
Kane: 5'11"
DCE: 6'0"
AFB: 6'2"
Api: 5'8"
Marty: 6'3"
Joel: 6'3"
Curtis: 6'5"
Jake: 6'1"

Manase: 6'1"
Tof: 6'1"
Jack: 6'3"
Corey: 6'3"
Land of the giants.

If Curtis is 6ft 5 im a good sort. Taller than Tom?
Some of those stats for height and weight NRL and clubs out are just ridiculous.

OK numbnuts .... in the stats .. the "errors" are where dropped balls go ... so lets see how Jorge is going against some of his peers after 2 rounds ... let's throw in missed tackles for fun ..

Jorge .. Errors .. 2 MT .. 0 combined mistakes 2
Fusitua .. E 3 .. MT .. 3 combined mistakes 6
Vunivalu E ..4 .. MT .. 2 combined mistakes 6
N, MacDonald E .. 3 . MT . 2 combined mistakes 5
D, Gagai E .. 5 .. MT .. 4 combined mistakes 9
D. Tupou E .. 3 .. MT .. 5 combined mistakes 8

Come up with any reason you want to drop him ... but he is clearly not even close to the worst hands for a winger ...

Stats from ... https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/stats/players?teamId=55009&category=summary

Never have been a fan of straight stats, they are easily misrepresented.
I would much prefer a percentage based stat, ie how many times a player handled the ball compared to mistake made.... On the surface of it I would think the others on this list handled the ball more for a higher error rate but would be a lower %. Would be far more accurate than just stumping up how many times a player dropped the ball, same as for missed tackles.

I like Jorge, I hope he smashes it this weekend.

If Curtis is 6ft 5 im a good sort. Taller than Tom?
Some of those stats for height and weight NRL and clubs out are just ridiculous.
Totally agree with that....but we do have a team of size, especially adding Boyle and Paseka....

• 🤝
Reactions: Sue
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4