Taniela Paseka is he the answer?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Paseka does have an offload but Des is clearly safety first at the moment , Did well again yesterday and what was expected of him , Not slow either , another example was when he got to Staggs last week to shut him down around the ruck area . .Boyle did well too , some serious competition for prop positions and Keppie continues to really impress ..

Paseka was good yesterday, as was Boyle.

My only gripe is the commentators to a man calling him "Pesarka"

They mix up the vowels in what is actually quite a simple name to pronounce.

Props don't hit their prime until 27-28 years old. His floor is already pretty good but his ceiling could be anything - he has so much skill for a man his size. A bit of confidence from regular first grade will do him the world of good.

He has the game ... he is simply maturing into a man ... with all that, that brings ..... will continue to inflict himself on oppositions as he gains confidence ....
Like Woodsie I see improvement in Tent each week.
I can't understand the negativity about him from some 'supporters'. Then again, there were plenty of Silvertails knocking Api last season.
Yes, Tent is big but not that much bigger than opposition forwards so he's not going to bowl them over like in the Under 12s.
He is tackling well and not making mistakes. I see him as a permanent member of our top 17 this season.

Ordinary in my book. Rarely bends the line. Man mountain but never dominates.No venom or intent when we get on a roll..Not sure what’s wrong with Sipley. His work was far superior to Paseka last year.Was looking good before the injury v the broncos.Hard for big men not playing reggies with Covid to get a crack I suppose.

Last edited:
I can see Paseka representing NZ in the future. I like how he pairs with AFB and really could become a better version of Aaron Woods (ie solid no fuss large person in the middle of the park). At 22 he will only hit his peak in 2-4 years and signs are already good. I'm a fan.

I like that he makes another 2m just by falling over...

He has the world at his feet.....albeit a long way down. Definitely running harder this year and getting far more involved in the tackling. Good to see and love to see him playing with a bit more anger and hate. He certainly should avoid the "gentle giant" tag at all costs. Obviously Des is a big fan by keeping him on the bench this week. I thought Boyle was hard done by in missing out. He had a great game against the Raiders and I would have had him on the bench ahead of Taniela this week tbh. But good luck to the young man and I hope he grabs this opportunity and single handedly destroys the sharks this week. Then maybe a nickname of "The Destroyer' might be appropriate??

I can see Paseka representing NZ in the future. I like how he pairs with AFB and really could become a better version of Aaron Woods (ie solid no fuss large person in the middle of the park). At 22 he will only hit his peak in 2-4 years and signs are already good. I'm a fan.

Well lets hope he is a better version of Aaron Woods, especially this week.

I’m thinking Des see’s Paseka as a long term investment in the Brent Kite mould. This nurturing process is slowly unhatching what Des can see in him. This time next year he will be a completely different player IMO. This is the big development year for him. A slow burner but he will get there.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4