Taniela Paseka is he the answer?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
22 yo
6'6"
120kg
The big kid plays ok for a young forward but has a few mistakes in him. He never seems to be going at above 80% though. Seems to be more of a leg drive type rather than a smash through as he makes a few post contact meters.

Id love to see him belting guys with his hit ups, or even using his massive paw to fend the odd guy off. Get a bit more Spud Carroll in him, Then the sky is the limit for him.
He will hopefully get this with game time and following AFB and Marty but is he the answer right now? I dont hear a lot said about him.

In the U20s at Wollongong 3 years ago, he hit the biggest StG forward in the first tackle of the game so hard, the game was stopped for 10 minutes.
In the same game, he injured a knee and missed our NYC premiership run.
I haven't seen him be the same player since he came back in 2018. Still hoping.

22 yo
6'6"
120kg
The big kid plays ok for a young forward but has a few mistakes in him. He never seems to be going at above 80% though. Seems to be more of a leg drive type rather than a smash through as he makes a few post contact meters.

Id love to see him belting guys with his hit ups, or even using his massive paw to fend the odd guy off. Get a bit more Spud Carroll in him, Then the sky is the limit for him.
He will hopefully get this with game time and following AFB and Marty but is he the answer right now? I dont hear a lot said about him.
I have to disagree with the leg drive comment. Paseka has NO leg drive at all. He hits the line and then spreads his legs to avoid being taken down. If you wanna see leg drive watch Sipley push through once he hits the line. In my eyes Paseka is currently below Boyle and Sipley in the pecking order. He has all the potential in the world and Tom T actually tipped him to have a break out year so he must be doing something right at training BUT we are yet to see hom dominate at all on the NRL

Someone send him some video of Payne Hass with a Post It Note attached saying "do this, you're big enough and ugly enough"

Let's see how he goes with a bit of an uninterrupted run of games. He's had a few injuries holding him back so happy to give him a little bit of time to develop.

I have to disagree with the leg drive comment. Paseka has NO leg drive at all. He hits the line and then spreads his legs to avoid being taken down. If you wanna see leg drive watch Sipley push through once he hits the line. In my eyes Paseka is currently below Boyle and Sipley in the pecking order. He has all the potential in the world and Tom T actually tipped him to have a break out year so he must be doing something right at training BUT we are yet to see hom dominate at all on the NRL
Im a big Sipley fan, id have him ahead of Boyle and Paseka.
Similar post contact meters for both though.

Agree we are yet to see full potential. Whether or not he has it in him, that is the question. I am also a fan of T-Sips, and what we saw from Boyle in first two rounds was miles ahead of what we saw from Paseka last week.

Ironically, my iPad just auto-corrected the word Paseka and changed it to “Pamela”. Hope this isn’t a sign...

We need depth in the engine room like Sibley and Boyle. You never know with injuries and suspension. I rate Sibley and Boyle quite highly but Keppie is number one prop forward rotation on the bench. What a hitter! I reckon Des is trying run Paseka back into form and confidence. With Schuster on the horizon and hopefully young Hoppa healing up we look real good. Bring it on!

22 yo
6'6"
120kg

Spot on post !!!
Paseka needs to play with more aggro . Des needs to get him more angry before he runs on to the field .
He plays like a gentle giant . In other words he has to play with more passion
Can you imagine if a guy his size had the passion of Steve Matai
download (5).jpg

Paseka to me looks a worried player more concerned about not making a mistake instead of taking the game on and backing himself...I'm confident if he can stay on the park for 6-8 weeks in a row his confidence will grow and we will see his real potential.

End of last season he was going great he was bending the line frequently... he's coming back from injury he'll be right. Hopefully this weekend he takes on the eels crappy bench forwards like kane Evans Lol

Thing is with a kid like Paseka up until now is he's always been the biggest beast on the park. Given his natural size and strength he's probably only ever needed to go at 70 - 80%.
NRL is different thou. He may still be one of the biggest but the men he's now playing against are men and 70-80% ain't enough.
He's only 22 and had lot of injuries so the potential is there. Im good with Des giving him a shot he just needs to believe he should be there.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4