Tanginoa in 2019

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
What do we expect from Tanginoa this season.
Known for his super strength in the gym, his season before injury in 2018 was 1 of few highlights.
If fit does he walk into the 17 ??
Personally have him on off the bench as impact.
Whats the thoughts of this bloke if he remains healthy in 2019 ??

If he can have an injury free year, I see the big unit having a break out season.

The bloke not only looks like a beast, but backs it up with awesome straight running.

Certainly not in the same league as Tomoulolo, but gee he reminds me of him.

I think he will have a massive year 2019. His late footwork changing lines really hurts teams when he comes on. May not be the biggest prop we have but defiantly add something else to the team. Great to have off the bench

The jury is still out for me and I think this year will be a “now or never” year for him. He has been a bit of journey man, shown glimpses that he can play, but for whatever reason (like injuries) has not put a complete season together.
I hope he stays injury free and gives it a real crack, not only for Manly’s sake but his own.

Before injury in a small amount of games he was by far our most impressive forward full stop. It was Tamalolo twin brother stuff.

He Didnt hit the same heights when he magically returned.

DES won't be affraid to give him a starting spot if he deserves it.

Now it is up to Tangles and no doubt how good his knee really is

We really need a couple of bench props who can maintain the rage when Marty and Addin come off.

I like his aggression and no fear runs . I hope Des can work on that and bring out the best in him

Hes a good impact player for sure.. runs hard and busts tackles. Maybe a one on one close to the line running at a half back like trex did back in the day would be fruitful!

Extend him now, he’s about to have a big season that’ll boost his pricetag

Huge potential with his manoeuvrability and speed/power bursts
This is the new Millenials NRL.
If we extend him now for a lower rate and he has a standout year,some other team will offer him overs and he will walk away from his contract or say he doesnt want to be here.
Isnt that the current crop of Nrl players schtick ?

The jury is still out for me and I think this year will be a “now or never” year for him. He has been a bit of journey man, shown glimpses that he can play, but for whatever reason (like injuries) has not put a complete season together.
I hope he stays injury free and gives it a real crack, not only for Manly’s sake but his own.
Journey man?? Played 2 seasons with Parramatta & 3 games for Cowboys before us. Injury wise had a fractured hand, fractured foot & the knee injury last year. Actually spent minimal time on the sidelines...........didn't play much 1st Grade but was prominent in the reggies. He's 24 so i don't think it's now or never year for him! He showed plenty last year & can only get better.

Hes a good impact player for sure.. runs hard and busts tackles. Maybe a one on one close to the line running at a half back like trex did back in the day would be fruitful!

The difference is, and its a big difference, is that no one has to constantly scream at Tangles to get him to run. Whenever he comes on he starts ripping into it.

He would be even better if he could improve his defence.

I'm pumped to see what he can do cause i think injury free he will have a breakout year.

I'd like to see us break up our front row rotation. I'd like to Tangles start with AFB with Taupau coming off the bench with Peseka

This works for me for a few reasons. I think Tangles has the Energy and Power running required to set the tone for the game. I think Martys offloads and hole running would work better for him later in the half when he is aiming at tired defenders. Would also allow Marty to play maybe the last 15-20 mins of the first half and probably the last 25-30 mins of the 2nd half to close it out. I think both Tangles and Paseka would both benefit from having a front row partner that is not also a rookie. And I think last year we lost too much early momentum with both Taupau and AFB going off together mid way through the first half.

I think tangles and Paseka are two different body shapes and styles of impact that suit the bench after Addin and Marty have laid the platform. Hopefully Des gets these bench forwards fit and hungry to make more impact in 2019. Both still young and have their prime years ahead of them

Kelepi Tanginoa reminds me a lot of Owen Cunningham, and think at his best, he could add as much value.

That guys was damaging, wrecking ball for Manly. An absolute machine.

With the right coaching on positional play and involvement, could be anything.

I think Paseka has the potential to be even better than that. Like that big guy from The Storm Nelson Aswhatever Something.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6