Tallis picks Tom

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

castle eagle

Bencher
Tipping Member
Queensland legend Gorden Tallis names Tom Trbojevic as NRL’s most influential player.

Take your pick: Tom Trbojevic, Kalyn Ponga, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck or James Tedesco.
Which fullback would you choose for your hypothetical team?

That question was posed on Triple M NRL on Sunday, and Queensland legend Gorden Tallis made his choice with one very good reason — Trbojevic has mastered the fullback and wing position at club and representative level.

He believes the 23-year-old Manly star is the most influential player in the game at the moment — and not just because he hasn’t lost a game at any level this season.

“I was sitting in the crowd last night and my son asked me, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Trbojevic, Tedesco or Kalyn Ponga, which one would I have?” Tallis said.

“It’s a really tough decision but I think Tom can be a world class player, the best player in two positions in the game. I don’t think Tedesco can, I don’t think he can play any other position and I don’t think Roger can play any other position, I think Ponga can, but he’s young.

“What a player. I think at the moment he is. What he did in State of Origin, and you’re only as good as your last game, and what he did was absolutely outstanding.”

Who would you chose?

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/st...r/news-story/76dce9645f499ecca3aba26cb9a80c0f

Thankfully Turbo is level headed and has 3 brothers who would give him a reality check after yet another article like this :nerd:

Feel for all these young players who are unfairly burdened with the expectations these Flogs bestow on them :cool:

Just enjoy playing footy and learning your craft :happy:

Anyone hear his bit on the radio about Tommy. Just scrubbed thru 3 hours of the MMM Sunday show and couldn't find it.

We all know how great Tom is - but if you went through all the rubbish that is spoken in media about players and some of the outlandish claims that have been made about players being the next this or that over the years you could create the worlds largest landfill.

When players are flying they go way over the top , Look at the stuff that has been said about Latrell Mitchell, Sean Johnson, Michael Morgan, Luke Brooks, Mitchell Moses, Ash Taylor, Bryce Cartwright.

I'm Tom's biggest fan, superstar in the making yada yada yada.... but I'm not buying the headline rubbish.

We all know how great Tom is - but if you went through all the rubbish that is spoken in media about players and some of the outlandish claims that have been made about players being the next this or that over the years you could create the worlds largest landfill.

When players are flying they go way over the top , Look at the stuff that has been said about Latrell Mitchell, Sean Johnson, Michael Morgan, Luke Brooks, Mitchell Moses, Ash Taylor, Bryce Cartwright.

I'm Tom's biggest fan, superstar in the making yada yada yada.... but I'm not buying the headline rubbish.

Excellent point The Indian. Tom is a 'could be' and at this stage is looking like something special on the rise. But you are right. Paper reports boost these players out of perspective. I consider none of the players you mentioned top tier at this stage. They are very good but they are a few steps down from top tier. Ponga should be included in the list. Potentially a great player, but he isn't that yet. He does some very clever things but he has a lot to learn before being top tier. Same with Tom, only I think he is closer to that status.

Thankfully Turbo is level headed and has 3 brothers who would give him a reality check after yet another article like this :nerd:

Feel for all these young players who are unfairly burdened with the expectations these Flogs bestow on them :cool:

Just enjoy playing footy and learning your craft :happy:

From the outside looking in, I would doubt there is an ounce of ego that wouldn’t go unchecked in the big T family. Pride,yes. A bit of banter and pissstaking for sure. Mr & Mrs T have done a brilliant job of bringing up their boys. Their humility and passion is just as eye-catching as their on field performances.

Talllis is a downhill skier.

If QLD win Origin, the same article will be written with Ponga replacing Tom...

Remember in here when people were stating we should sign Matt Dufty and move Turbo from fullback....haha, good times

Pfft.....in the pre-season some of the pea brains on Facebook had Tom moved to the wing as soon as Albert Hopoate was cleared to play first grade.

They wanted an 18 year old kid just off an ACL who hadn't played for 12 months and hadn't even played first grade, to be our fullback and Tom moved to the wing.

And after the game against the Cows in Townsville when he came back from injury a few weeks ago, you know, the night he made 5 handling errors (but we still won), some were even calling for Tom to never play fullback again, be moved to centre and for Des to play Elliot as out first choice #1. Funny thing was, they were nowhere to be found after the next weekends win over St Merge.....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4