TALENTED CLINTON GUTHERSON SIGNS WITH SEA EAGLES

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
YOUNG Clinton Gutherson is rated such a hot footballing talent that the Australian Rugby Union had him earmarked to be a member of the 2016 Olympic Games Sevens squad.

But in a major coup the Sea Eagles have beaten a host of rivals to sign the outstanding 17-year-old from Cromer until the end of 2014.

“Five or six NRL clubs have been after him, every Super Rugby franchise was chasing him, as well as the new Greater Western Sydney AFL side,” Simon Healey, Manly coaching and development manager, told the Manly Daily.

After signing his new deal this week Gutherson received a letter from the ARU with its offer to keep him in the code until 2016.

It recognised his talent when he was a member of the Australian Sevens team that played in the Junior Commonwealth Games last year.

“I’m really happy to be at Manly for the next two years,” Gutherson said.

“I’ve always lived around here and supported the Eagles. It was an easy pick.”

Gutherson is currently captain of the Sea Eagles undefeated SG Ball side, but is rated so highly he has been training with the first-grade squad during his school holidays.

“Most of them are my idols,” Gutherson said. “They were really good, talking to me and telling me what to do.”

The Sea Eagles are carefully monitoring Gutherson’s progress and Healey said he will definitely play Under 20s this season.

“Next year he will play 20s again, with the possibility of playing some first-grade matches,” Healey said.

2014 he will become a member of the Sea Eagles fulltime squad.

Healey said Gutherson plays a bit like Brett Stewart with his attacking style with a kicking game on top of it.

“I remember seeking him play a game when he was 13 off one step kicking goals from the sideline,” he said.

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/talented-clinton-gutherson-signs-with-sea-eagles/

5977e8812587bb95f8d5897c60dfb4e6_resized.jpg

Hopefully he's another huge talent. DCE Foran Lussick Buhrer Trex signed way before first grade and 3/5 have played int footy at such a young age. Best way to earn players loyalty and respect other than paying overs for overrated 'stars'

Awesome news. Great to see local juniors come through the ranks and wanting to stay and not be tempted by greed.

Imagine the fairy VFLs wanting a league fan + player?... I mean, c'mon! Don't they have any talent & juniors of their own?

His words = "I've always lived around here and supported the Eagles. It was an easy pick."

---

http://www.nswrl.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=47592&sg-ball-team-lists----round-3

1. CLINTON GUTHERSON
2. CHARLIE TAYLOR
3. NICK PAUL
4. LATRELL SCHAMKEL
5. LUKE GOSLING
6. WILL PEARSALL
7. ZACH NICHOLLS
8. CHRIS ALAVANOS
9. FABIAN NATOLI
10. JAKE TRBOJEVIC
11. JAMES PARKER
12. FABIAN GOODALL
13. LUKE BARTLEY
14. CRAIG MCMURRICH
15. JACK DELANEY
16. DALLAS KOEN
17. BLAKE HARRISON
18. RYAN MAWHINNEY
19. HAYDEN COCHRANE
20. JACKSON KELLY
21. NICHOLAS LYNN
22. RILEY TRAVERS
23. TJ MCLEAN
24. TAYLER MCCANN

COACH: MARK MAHONEY

Manly 44
Tries: C Gutherson 2, F Natoli 2, N Paul, L Gosling, F Goodall, L Bartley
Conversions: C Gutherson 6
Raiders 28
Tries: B Lee 3, S Pohahau, A Milford
Conversions: T Schubach 3, A Milford

Manly 38
Tries: C Taylor, L Schaumkel, C Alavanos, F Natoli, J Trbojevic, J Parker, F Goodall
Conversions: C Gutherson 5

Western Suburbs 12
Tries: N Galatoulas 3
Conversions:

A goalkicking Fullback

It would be nice to finally get the monkey of the back and win an SG Ball premiership.

mickqld said:
It would be nice to finally get the monkey of the back and win an SG Ball premiership.

Not sure if it was a SG Ball or Harold Matt premiership we won in 1946.
Beat Norths it helped us get into grade a year later

Pretty sure his older brother Lincoln was rated very highly at the same age, only for him to be playing in the local league now. Hope this young kid kicks on.

eagles2win said:
mickqld said:

Not sure if it was a SG Ball or Harold Matt premiership we won in 1946.
Beat Norths it helped us get into grade a year Olater
President's cup

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7