Tahu back

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Old TimTam Tahu is a myth. Ever since Matt Gidley retired he has had nothing. So much for his foray into international Rugby...........pffftt. Still get a giggle out of his claims when he joined the Waratahs claims that he was only running at about 70% of the speed he was capable of. Obviously they couldn't fix the problem either. The Tahs will be a better propostition without him and Tuquiri.

He should just stick to head slamming opponents into the turf, that is all he excels at.

Care factor:    ZERO

Chip & Chase link said:
Old TimTam Tahu is a myth. Ever since Matt Gidley retired he has had nothing. So much for his foray into international Rugby...........pffftt. Still get a giggle out of his claims when he joined the Waratahs claims that he was only running at about 70% of the speed he was capable of. Obviously they couldn't fix the problem either. The Tahs will be a better propostition without him and Tuquiri.

He should just stick to head slamming opponents into the turf, that is all he excels at.

I held that view until his final 3-4 months with the Eels in the centres, where he was near unstoppable at times, almost beat the Storm on his own in the 07 GF qualifier

Hayne
Inu
Tahu
Reddy
Grothe
Mateo
Mortimer

Is full of potential, whether they play to that potential is another thing

Hayne - star
Reddy - average
Inu - hasn't got better
Tahu - only good when fit
Grother - hasn't got better
Mateo - not a 5/8
Mortimer - alot of potential.

It will be a decent backline, but too many intangibles/variables to be top shelf. They will need a good pack for that backline to excel. Poore is good, but Shackleton is average - they will need a lot more in the forwards.

Hayne and Tahu on the same side, would be a damn good combination, but I wonder if Tahu is going to come back with an "Old Boys Attitude"?

I would take Hayne any day of the week in our squad too, i didnt think much of him until this year and when I saw him almost get Parra back on top of us all by himself at Brookie, I was very impressed.

In fact he is one of the few players from other teams that I really enjoy watching him play, he can produce something out of nothing

Hayne - star
Reddy - average
Inu - hasn't got better (Could be on the outer ?)
Tahu - only good when fit
Grother - hasn't got better
Mateo - not a 5/8 (Can't see it now that Mortimer is in the team )
Mortimer - alot of potential.

Poore goes ok Shackleton who knows how he may go at a new club ? Cayless to old and and paid overs Hindmarsh 1-2 years left in him.

Timana Tahu brings back Sonny Bill Williams memories
By Iain Payten | July 23, 2009 07:52pm

ONE player skips training to secretly take up a rugby contract. Another star skips training to covertly sign a league contract. Neither say a word to their teammates.

The first creates howls of protest and is rugby league's greatest ever villain. The second is warmly welcomed "home'' by the same league community, not least the game's top official.

Anyone smell the faint odour of hypocrisy?

The Sonny Bill Williams case and Timana Tahu's re-defection may not be directly related but they share enough DNA to be close cousins.

And the contrasting reactions have been very interesting indeed.

Unhappy in the NRL, Williams packed up and disappeared overseas to play French rugby.

He didn't tell anyone at the Bulldogs - including his mates - and had signed a deal while still under contract to them.

Understandably, there was widespread condemnation. Officials, players, former friends and fans all united to vilify the treacherous SBW - singing loudly the sanctity of contracts and the unbreakable bonds of a team.

Fast forward 12 months and Tahu doesn't rock up to Wallabies training on Wednesday.

Though believed to be injured, Tahu didn't turn up for a medical as is standard practice or ring through an apology. Frustrated in rugby, Tahu was busy across town nutting out a new contract to play for the Parramatta Eels.

By that afternoon, the whole world had discovered the former Kangaroo was returning to league. All except his Wallabies teammates, that is, who only heard when the story slowly filtered through on the training track, via this paper's website exclusive.

And here's the rub. At the point of agreeing to a new deal with the Eels on Wednesday, Tahu had 30 months left to run on an ARU contract worth $400,000 a year.

Even with the get-out clause inserted in his contract, Tahu had six months to serve in rugby and no release had been secured.

None of this contractual obligation, however, was given a second thought by a joyously myopic league community.

Before Tahu has even sat down with the ARU to discuss a possible release - and as of last night he still hadn't - league types everywhere were celebrating the centre's "return home'', saying it was great to see him back where his heart was. All in all, a happy ending.

NRL boss David Gallop weighed in: "We're pleased to see Timana back in our game, hopefully pulling on the blue and yellow.''

Sorry? Is this same group who screamed blue murder when SBW signed a new contract with Toulon when already under one at the Dogs? Who were willing to tar and feather the IRB for not stepping in, simply because they had no jurisdiction?

Who said you don't - just don't  - walk out on your mates?

Can anyone  imagine what sort of wild reaction such triumphant cries from the French rugby chiefs, or any rugby figures, at the time would have elicited back here?

There appear to be some very short memories in rugby league on the virtues of a contract.

Tahu may have legitimate reasons - and ultimately a loophole - to leave rugby union.

However, the manner in which it has all gone down leaves a pretty sour taste in the mouthfor a lot of people.
It's fair to say both his NSW and Wallabies teammates were yesterday feeling pretty let down with the secretive departure.

Tahu hates confrontation, so white lies are his way to avoid it. But like SBW, blatant deception should never be excused. And definitely not celebrated.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/nrl/story/0,27074,25825475-5016527,00.html

Who is the nuffy that wrote that ?

SBW walked out when named in a side to play and left the country

Tahu has ended his season then done his thing, and given them months to plan

Well actually he hasn't Kiwi, he is still contracted to be available for all tests till the end of the year, it's not his fault he isnt getting picked.

But I do agree the 2 cases are very different.

There are a couple of superficial similarities, and the clown who wrote it has spun the rest from there.

Correct Fro, I was thinking of how the NRL contract system works rather than the Rugby one, thinking of Tahu being contracted to the Waratahs, not the ARU

Weidler reported last night, that he has a clause written into his contract that if he doesn't play 3 homes tests a season, he can get out of the contract

Seems a bit weird to me tbh, but if they were desperate for him to sign i suppose they may have agreed to it

Season ain't over Kiwi.  Three games at home this season for Australia is no problem if selected. Played 4 last year.  And the "signed for Waratahs, not Wallabies" defence is pretty purile. Yes?  Especially as he moved codes specifically to play for Australia as you pointed out.  The stunned reaction of Waugh and teammates is as understandable as the similar reaction of the Bulldogs players with SBW.  Except the Wallabies are still in the contest this season, and the Bulldogs weren't last season.

Gallop's outrage was that SBW should have spoken to the League officials before taking action.  By Gallop's standard, if he was in any way consistent, so should have Tahu negotiated with the Union officials.  Or was this just an argument of convenience? Similarly the "sanctity of contract" moralisation of Gallop - Or was this just an argument of convenience too?

In reality the Union boys should be happy to let Tahu go.  If Gallop and the Bulldogs had half a brain, they should have been happy to let SBW go too - without a fuss - as proven by the Bulldog's incredible march up the ladder this season.

Alignment with Gallop's wishes aside, not much behaviour difference 'tween Gallop's contemptible sinner and worshipped saint it seems.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6