T Symonds great Debut

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
I bet he didn't think he would be playing his first game for Manly at left center. He looked solid early and I was surprised the hapless Knights didn't test him on the outside but with the opposing center off it was a perfect storm for an out of position debut. The run and offload at the death was first class and his confidence will now be high.

Welcome aboard son.

I'm giving myself a pat on the bat for posting last Saturday that he'd be in the top 17 after watching him in reserves. He has a perfect build for a second rower/centre and will be one of our best buys this year.
(Well, someone has to pump up my tyres!)

Couldn't have asked more from him, last year Jamie B would have gone to center but the ranga did well. Cant wait to see the boys live next week up here.

Mark from Brisbane said:
BOZO said:
T Rex is gone but T Symonds is here to stay !!!

Nope SHE REX is gone and not ONE person on here misses the big lazy prick!!

Best sell of the decade. We look energized without that speed hump out there.

Symonds always impressed me when he was on the field at the roosters and I thought we scored big time in picking him up.

Tonight has only confirmed that, he will get more minutes next week for sure

On top of all of that Symonds is a loyal, team orientated type.

He might not know it yet but the lucky bugga has landed into a club thats team loyalty heaven. Im predicting he will stay past his next 2 contracts.

He looks really good and I think he'll be pushing Horo for a starting spot soon. He was naturally disappointed in being squeezed out of the Roosters but in time I think he'll come to realise that he's found his new home. He'll be in the 17 for sure next week and I'm already looking forward to seeing how he goes.

Looks to be a great pick up. Horo was bloody great tonight as well, ran the ball up hard and ran some good decoy lines as well. For the price of Tony Williams we got Horo, Symonds and Lawrence. :)

Am I the only one who was surprised that when he came on for Matai, that Symonds went out to the centres instead of Buhrer? Either way it was a really strong debut game for Symonds.

Oh and Crusher Cleal, it was Mullen who he brushed through. A player who every once in a while gets people talking about him as a future rep player but almost always seem to fail to deliver when the pressure is on.

He's a good buy. The Chooks are fools for letting him go.
When I was a youngster, I started playing league for the same Jr club as Tom (Bondi Utd), before being lured over to the Rose Bay Rams by the promise of more cupcakes at full time.

Chip and Chase said:
I think faced with the option of SBW and LO'D or Tom Symonds, most clubs would have made the same decision.

'Red' was Easts' only junior. They could have cut one of their numerous imports to retain him, but loyalty is not a trait Easts posses.
He will prove to be the bargain buy of the season (closely followed by Lawrence).

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4