T-Rex's comments in the Daily

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ALinda

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
T-Rex's weekly column in the Manly Daily as "Kangaroos Insider" - which by the way I've been really enjoying - today included:

"It's important for the fans to remember that as players our job doesn't change at all. I don't think our focus will either. Anytime I am going through a difficult time I try to look at the positives and in this instance I'm urging Manly fans to do so as well. There is a lot to look forward to in 2012!"

After the dreadful week, I was extremely impressed and heartened by his comments (as well as Choc's during the week) and thought.....if it's good enough for T-Rex to focus on the positives, then so will I. :)

And I hope other Manly fans take notice of him too.

So good. I am very pleased with all the player comments coming out.
We will do well next season.

mickyj said:
So good. I am very pleased with all the player comments coming out.
We will do well next season.

Ditto

They will welcome the stimulus of a new Coach. And from what has come out, Des's attitude may have been directed at Players as well.

The common theme out of the Players' quotes is that they are united and sel assured in their abilities to go B2B.

All looking fresh and promising :)

Tony Williams is hoping to be in Tim Sheens' squad for the Four Nations final next weekend. Photo: Getty Images.
IT has been a big week over here in Europe and from the sound of things, a big week back in Manly as well.

I was disappointed to be charged and then suspended for my tackle on Ben Westwood last weekend, and particularly with the way that it played out.

For those who missed the game, Westwood juggled the ball as he approached our defensive line and was coming down as my arm came across his shoulder to make the tackle.

Momentum carried it high, which happens sometimes, but it was Ben’s play-acting and winking afterwards that I thought was wrong. England are a tough team and their forwards were really giving it to us for large portions of the game. The spirit was great from both teams, particularly in front of a vocal Wembley crowd, which is why I thought he was a bit out of line with the way he carried on.

That’s rugby league though, as they say, and now unfortunately I have to miss our final Four Nations group game against Wales.

SETTLING IN TO THE KANGAROO TROOP

Away from the field all the boys have been getting along great, which has made for a very entertaining tour so far.

This week Billy Slater and Robbie Farah flew home, which was tough - both were great team guys and fun to be around.

After they left, the rest of us spent the best part of this week travelling around Amsterdam and Berlin - two amazing cities.

I have never been to Europe before and have seen too many new things to put down in this diary, but everything has been awesome.

I’m pumped to come back here for more extensive travelling the next chance I get.

PERFORMING ON THE FIELD

Finding your place in a team full of big-name players can be difficult, but I have been keeping my head down and working really hard.

Scoring in our opening two games was a big confidence boost, particularly the one at Wembley last week when I managed to find a defender one on one close to the line.

Tim Sheens and the coaching staff have shown faith in me, which is why I am itching to get back out there for the final. I love playing in big games and definitely want to add some more silverware to my trophy cabinet before the year ends.

CHANGES AT MANLY

Although Choc (Watmough), Daly (Cherry-Evans) and I are aware of the changes that have been made back at the Sea Eagles, we haven’t heard too much about the ins and outs.

Des leaving is disappointing, especially so soon after our great year, but that’s the way professional sport can be at times.

It’s important for the fans to remember that as players our job doesn’t change at all.

I don’t think our focus will either. Anytime I am going through a difficult time I try to look at the positives and in this instance I’m urging Manly fans to do so as well.

There is a lot to look forward to in 2012!

Cheers, T-Rex.

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/acting-up-in-game-is-out-of-line/

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4