T-Rex re-signs for 2 years

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Daddycool

Reserve Grader
Another piece of welcome news as Perry announces T-Rex has agreed to a 2 year deal for 2012 & 2013.

Positive note: After weeks of in-fighting Manly's Tony Williams looks likely to re-sign with the club on a two-year deal. Picture: Phil Hillyard. Source: The Sunday Telegraph
PREMIERS Manly are poised to re-sign Tony Williams for a further two seasons as the warring board tries to stabilise after the shock of coach Des Hasler signing with rival club the Bulldogs.

Williams' management was initially pushing the Sea Eagles to offer the new Test back-rower a one-year contract, leaving the door ajar to follow Hasler to Canterbury in 2013.

But Sea Eagles powerbrokers intervened to ensure Williams remained at Narrabeen for the next two seasons, with the club expected to announce a new deal as early as tomorrow.

"I want to stay at Manly, I love the club and they've been good to me so hopefully something can get sorted out," Williams said.

"There are offers. There are other clubs who we've been talking to, but, for me, Manly is the place where I really want to be.

"I'm in a good place. I'm not worried about it, it will get sorted when it gets sorted.

"For now, I'm just worried about coming into camp with the Kangaroos and concentrating on this."

The Sea Eagles initially shelled out $750,000 to lure Williams from Parramatta on a three-year contract in 2009 when he had played just 11 NRL games.

But until this season, the Eels junior struggled to consistently make an impact.

Initially a winger cut out of the Jonah Lomu mould, Manly coach Hasler produced a masterstroke in August by switching Williams into the Sea Eagles' starting backrow.

As he played increased minutes and got more involved in the game, Williams thrived.

Manly chief operating officer David Perry said the impending announcement of Williams' signature was a welcome positive in what has been a turbulent two weeks since the club claimed the NRL title.

"Tony has agreed to a two-year contract and we're really excited about it. It's good news for the club," Perry said.

"There's been some significant changes over the last couple of weeks and we're keen to focus back on some good news.

"On the back of a premiership, Tony Williams re-signing is huge positive."

Under immense pressure since stepping into the role as chief operating officer three months ago, retaining Williams is the first significant move from Perry.

The Sea Eagles are also set to appoint former Manly player Darrell Williams to the club's board in place of Peter Spray.

Spray will revert back to the bench and will only attend meetings if football and leagues club appointees Melinda Gainsford-Taylor, chairman Bob Reilly or Darrell Williams are unavailable.

Poised to re-sign!

We were poised to re-sign DES for another couple of years too.

This could be interesting, by the time Tooves comes in as coach:

1. Snake
2. Oldie
3. Skivvie
4. Lyon
5. Farrar
6. Foran
7. Cherry - Evans
8. King
9. Ballin
10. Rose
11. Watmough
12. Harrison
13. Stewart

14. Bhurer
15. Williams
16. Lussick/Cunningham/Stromquest
17. Skinner/Robinson/Mauro

Like I said in the "Play it Play it again Joe: Sea Eagles reward veteran with contract" thread about both Joe and T-Rex:

Jethro said:
I won't get too excited about either of them agreeing to terms or principle for a new contract. When it is announced that they have actually put pen to paper and signed their contracts is when to get excited. Anybody remember last week's headline that Des wasn't going anywhere and then suddenly he was going to the Dogs?

Until such time arrives that a pen has been put to paper and the contract signed, then and only then should there be any cause for celebration.

Most significant news in that report (no disrespect to T Rex a deserved Kangaroo) is Darrell Williams being appointed to the board. He is a man with great respect within the game.

eagles2win said:

1. Snake
2. Oldie
3. Skivvie
4. Lyon
5. Farrar
6. Foran
7. Cherry - Evans
8. King
9. Ballin
10. Rose
11. Watmough
12. Harrison
13. Stewart

14. Bhurer
15. Williams

It amazes me that V Mauro was an in integral part of this team all year and you think 3 or 4 players will just walk straight past him.

simz said:
eagles2win said:

1. Snake
2. Oldie
3. Skivvie
4. Lyon
5. Farrar
6. Foran
7. Cherry - Evans
8. King
9. Ballin
10. Rose
11. Watmough
12. Harrison
13. Stewart

14. Bhurer
15. Williams

It amazes me that V Mauro was an in integral part of this team all year and you think 3 or 4 players will just walk straight past him.

WHERES BIG JOE??????????????

no way Farrar on the wing!! It will take him a fair bit of run up to keep up with the backline. Solid reserve for Brett only. Wonder why no nrl clubs signed him in 2013?

Darren said:
no way Farrar on the wing!! It will take him a fair bit of run up to keep up with the backline. Solid reserve for Brett only. Wonder why no nrl clubs signed him in 2013?

No, he can't catch for ****

Darren said:

Possibly because it is still only 2011 ? lol

You love bringing that point up, it is ridiculous tbh

Does Rodney going to England mean he is average and no NRL club wanted him ?

The SeaEagleRock8 said:
Most significant news in that report (no disrespect to T Rex a deserved Kangaroo) is Darrell Williams being appointed to the board. He is a man with great respect within the game.

Agree with you there it was probably the best news, I have a lot of time for Darrell and he is great acquisition.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Darren said:

Possibly because it is still only 2011 ? lol

You love bringing that point up, it is ridiculous tbh

Does Rodney going to England mean he is average and no NRL club wanted him ?

No one has signed T Rex yet, he must be crap.

simz said:
eagles2win said:

1. Snake
2. Oldie
3. Skivvie
4. Lyon
5. Farrar
6. Foran
7. Cherry - Evans
8. King
9. Ballin
10. Rose
11. Watmough
12. Harrison
13. Stewart

14. Bhurer
15. Williams

Probably should have clarified 'not necessarily in any order' but in saying that competition for a spot in our 17 is going to be tight.
Surprised no one picked up on having TRex on the bench have him coming on to the field and destroying teams late in the half and Harrison soaking up punishment during the opening periods ie what Rodney use to do

Other answers :
Kite will probably head over to England by 2013
Wolfie we may or may not see him again in the top grade the mental scars might be the thing that gets him in the end afterall he is coming back from a broken neck
Nood might wind up his career at the end of next season with signing on for 1 year

I can't see how much people rave on about him. If he is as great as mentioned here, surely an nrl club would snap him up. Rodney is a bit different as he chose to go there, Farrar was literally let go. If he is in 1st grade we will go backwards!

Darren said:
I can't see how much people rave on about him. If he is as great as mentioned here, surely an nrl club would snap him up. Rodney is a bit different as he chose to go there, Farrar was literally let go. If he is in 1st grade we will go backwards!

Who raves on about him and calls him great ?

He is a perfect addition to a squad to add versatilty to the positions we need it, fullback, wing and centre, pretty simple really

To suggest we simply let him go is a bit silly as well, what we did is send him away for a season to relieve some salary cap issues with an agreement that he would be back in a year, hardly letting a guy go if you want him back

On your logic regarding this you wouldn't rate Ryan Hoffman as a 1st grade player either, Melbourne did exactly the same thing with him

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4