'T-Rex' not extinct just yet

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Had some good carries for Blacktown on the weekend....I guess his form between now and seasons end will decide his fate at Manly.
Have not seen much from him since he went to the Dogs where his form plummeted South, so we can’t use the Des card about him improving as he followed him there.
Players with obvious ability like this, yet have poor mentality, it really comes down to the attitude and want within themselves...

I can just imagine Des's reaction when T-Rex calls

giphy.gif

Understand the reluctance and you'd only have him on a very heavily incentivised deal. Cause we all know he can lack motivation (putting it mildly ) BUT.... We aren't getting much value out of some of our bench forwards who either don't play or play very limited minutes and I reckon playing short bursts the old T-Rex could offer more than what we are getting.

I've always been a T -Rex supporter ( well more than most here anyway ) and copped my share of scars doing so. But minimum contract for a guy who hasn't got huge miles on the clock really relative to his age... reckon he could add something off the bench and I'd be in favour. I know most won't but...…..

But minimum contract for a guy who hasn't got huge miles on the clock really relative to his age... reckon he could add something off the bench and I'd be in favour. I know most won't but...…..

He played promisingly for Blacktown last week against Souths the leading side in the Canterbury Cup. Will be interesting to see how he goes for the rest of the season. A lot of experienced players have come into to the Blacktown side, so I would expect them to win more games from now on.

Trex is starting to show some form on the field .

The question is can Trex keep it up ?

I read a lot of good points on here for and against Trex Resurrection .

It is all up tp Trex to prove that he can stay fit and healthy and maintaine his desire and Erection consistently performing with Blacktown .

I am of the belief that if players cay stay fit and injury free than they can Reinvent them selves .

business-graphic-reinvention4.jpg

I said on the weekend that he had finally started to run through tackles rather than ... stop .. bump of the first ... then get swamped ... However he has been the single most useless piece of dishrag I have seen play the game in 50 years .... every minute he spent on the field ... meant a good footballer had to sit on the bench ....

His highlight reel is a wonderful 5 minutes long ... his lowlight reel is 27 hrs of him standing around doing nothing .....

Any notion of getting a season of high perforance out of him is the victory of hope over experience .....

It would certainly give me great pleasure if he made me come on here and eat my words and apologise .... but until then all I can hope for is another asteroid ....

Last edited:
Some good runs from Trex on the weekend. Woodsie is right, in that he started to run through tackles and did appear to use his weight better on the weekend then I've seen in, well since 2011.

I'm still not convinced in the risk vs rewards stakes yet.

Ok he a mobile huge man with ball skills and when running outwide at a small halfback he causes havoc.

I probably want to see the dinosaur exclusively playing up the middle at Blacktown, running with the same vigor against bigger bodied forwards consistently, before I'm satisfied he has changed.

DES can play him where he likes, but a man that size against boys can be made to look better then he really is.

Tis why Baldy Saunders is such a legend up the middle. Not a big a man, but wow, that bloke just doesn't know the words stop or slow down ever, he plays well above his weight.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7