Supposed Saints raid on Stewart brothers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
THE Des Hasler fallout at Manly continues, with Brett and Glenn Stewart linked to St George Illawarra in a $1 million-a-year package deal. The Daily Telegraph has been told the Stewart brothers are privately considering whether to remain at Brookvale after Hasler, their close mate and coach, was sacked.

Read the full article

Matabele said:
The two-time premiership-winning coach was caught in another drama yesterday when confidential emails leaked out about his contract negotiations at Manly and alleged comments he made about former Sea Eagles media manager Peters. Manly players were filthy such documents were given to the media and are more than aware who leaked the sensitive details.

One first-grade player said: "We know who did it. Maybe the person in question would like some stuff leaked about him. That could be some very interesting reading."

Do two wrongs (assuming there is even anything to be leaked) make a right?

Dont discount this at all. I was told before the semi finals that Hasler and the Stewart brothers were gone ,I didnt believe it and now look whats happened. This is exactly what I feared when they sacked Des and I expect Foran,DCE and maybe more to go as well. This has been the biggest **** up of all time by Penn and the Manly board. They have single handedly ruined this club for years to come they need to go all of them NOW.

I think it's getting to the point where they dine out on gin and tonic all day, then cut and paste the previous day's article and add a paragraph that they arrive at by throwing a dart at a poster board.

mickqld said:
Dont discount this at all. I was told before the semi finals that Hasler and the Stewart brothers were gone ,I didnt believe it and now look whats happened. This is exactly what I feared when they sacked Des and I expect Foran,DCE and maybe more to go as well. This has been the biggest f**k up of all time by Penn and the Manly board. They have single handedly ruined this club for years to come they need to go all of them NOW.

Toovey is going to have to be a mastercoach to stop this year from imploding.

If Brett and Glenn are so tied to Des, then why would they go to Illawarra? The rationale behind this speculation doesn't make sense.

Stevie said:
Isn't Glen Signed up till the End of 2013 ? , that article says the end of next year

These days it doesn't seem to matter what's in a contract. As soon as there is a hint that someone is not happy we hear the same line: "why would you keep a player who doesn't want to be there?"

The answer should be: Because they are professionals who take pride in their performances; because they have made a commitment; and because they are getting well paid for a job that tens of thousands of others would love to have.

This story originated from this forum as so many do.

There is no substance to the story other than what was posted here over 3 weeks ago.

The Telegraph grab this stuff, sort it and work out when the print it so as to have maximum effect on upsetting the Manly Sea Eagles. With things starting to settle a little in the Hasler saga they drag this one out.

bob dylan said:
This story originated from this forum as so many do.

There is no substance to the story other than what was posted here over 3 weeks ago.

The Telegraph grab this stuff, sort it and work out when the print it so as to have maximum effect on upsetting the Manly Sea Eagles. With things starting to settle a little in the Hasler saga they drag this one out.

Agreed. I wish they would print a story on your theory.

Good idea.

I suggest then that you all come up with a covert plot, a well thought out theorised story (make it sensible & believable).

Private message it to me. Like a competition we will take the best from your entries and publish it and watch the DT put it to print.

Jatz Crackers said:
Good idea.

I suggest then that you all come up with a covert plot, a well thought out theorised story (make it sensible & believable).

Private message it to me. Like a competition we will take the best from your entries and publish it and watch the DT put it to print.

I think we should start a thread that gives a massive vote of confidence to the Board from the from the fans. And it would be genuine too - most here are completely comfortable with the Hasler as a Judas line. The only fly in the ointment might be that the Tele will be more than a little pissed that the board admit to leaking confidential emails and employee performance appraisals to the Fairfax press, rather than them.

At least with the Tele there's always a chance such things come from phone and computer hacking.

Pull your head out of the sand Bob Dylan - they are talking to the Dragons and have been for a while. That was posted by myself following information provided by my own sources who work at two different NRL Clubs AND on another supporter forum. Both my sources agreed and provided the same information. I don't need to provide proof or details who my sources are to you or anyone.

Just to give you a heads up, all the clubs talk to each other re. contracts, players values, who is talking to who and what gets offered in contract negotiations.

Each and every clubs have one thing in common - they all hate PLayer Managers as they are the ones in players ears damaging loyalty and saying they should break contracts etc etc for their own gain.

Manly sacking Zorba in this case was not a smart move due to their allegiances to him and being in business with their father.

Three Grand Finals in fives years , that achievement would establish a strong bond within the playing group and Toovey was a big part of that as well. I am confident they will stay with us.

mickqld said:
Dont discount this at all. I was told before the semi finals that Hasler and the Stewart brothers were gone ,I didnt believe it and now look whats happened. This is exactly what I feared when they sacked Des and I expect Foran,DCE and maybe more to go as well. This has been the biggest f**k up of all time by Penn and the Manly board. They have single handedly ruined this club for years to come they need to go all of them NOW.

Mick, those people you want to "go now" own the club. They are the ones throwing their hard earned in each year to keep the place afloat. If they go, then so does the club.

Calls for the Board to go are just plain silly and demonstrates a complete lack of understanding about our ownership structure.

One first-grade player said: "We know who did it. Maybe the person in question would like some stuff leaked about him. That could be some very interesting reading."

Meow! Why don't they just merge the DT and New Idea and be done with it?

I agree the story likely came from this forum.

silver said:
Pull your head out of the sand Bob Dylan - they are talking to the Dragons and have been for a while. That was posted by myself following information provided by my own sources who work at two different NRL Clubs AND on another supporter forum. Both my sources agreed and provided the same information. I don't need to provide proof or details who my sources are to you or anyone.

Just to give you a heads up, all the clubs talk to each other re. contracts, players values, who is talking to who and what gets offered in contract negotiations.

Each and every clubs have one thing in common - they all hate PLayer Managers as they are the ones in players ears damaging loyalty and saying they should break contracts etc etc for their own gain.

Manly sacking Zorba in this case was not a smart move due to their allegiances to him and being in business with their father.

By saying there was no substance to the story I meant no new material other than what was posted by you.

I didnt mean to suggest there was no truth to it. They got your post added some amounts to it and run with it.

You should get some $$$ for doing there job.

Might I just add Manly sacking Zorba was seen as a necessary evil by many, they had formed the opinion he had to go and got rid of him.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6