Super League grand final punch up (video)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Brissie Kid

Bencher
Well this will kill off whatever chance there was of punches staying in league. The NRL and Telegraph will go into hysterical mode after this, especially if he stays in the England 4N squad.

Probably wrong to call this a punch up. Just one player dishing it out. The 2nd punch is a disgrace.

[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/b3UByo-4S2M[/video]

The Sydney media that pretends rugby league doesn't exist outside of the NRL have put this on the front of their websites. http://www.smh.com.au/

I can look past the first hit, and the second, in fact, seeing as Ben probably won't be playing for a while over there...welcome to Manly Ben...strike while the irons hot (or in Bens case when your opponents flat on his back:p)
Ben Flowers and Big Willie....noicccce!:)

Highlights the difference between the two comps. In the nrl, flower would have lay down after the elbow and got a penalty try, 2 buckets of kfc, and a bonus fron channel 9 for allowing another ad in the interuption in play. In the superleague they sent him off for retaliation. Not sure which i dislike most

mickqld said:
Hihohiho got what he deserved. He went after Flower with an elbow and got smashed. Shouldn't have been sent off.

As you always post the opposite of what you mean (with your anti manly tipping...) I'll assume you really meant he should've been sent off!!!

globaleagle said:
mickqld said:
Hihohiho got what he deserved. He went after Flower with an elbow and got smashed. Shouldn't have been sent off.

As you always post the opposite of what you mean (with your anti manly tipping...) I'll assume you really meant he should've been sent off!!!

Ahhhh but it's the off season now so I always post the opposite of the opposite of what I mean.........I think :dodgy::s:huh:!!!!!!!

With a name like Flower no wonder he's an angry man.

Very bad form though.

The first was a retaliation, which you can see why.

The second was uncalled for, he already flattened him with the first punch.

Second punch aside, at least there wasnt another 78 minutes of petty niggling and wrestling like we have.

The second punch is basically common assault. Even if you say he was elbowed beforehand, it doesn't justify the retaliation.

Really, a prop flattening a 5/8 is pathetic any way you look at it. The games moved on from this rubbish.

If you're pissed off on the field, next time he touches he ball line him up and put the shoulder in, lay him out within the rules. Throwing punches is the dog way to get square...

Loobs said:
If you're pissed off on the field, next time he touches he ball line him up and put the shoulder in, lay him out within the rules. Throwing punches is the dog way to get square...

Can't put the shoulder in, they play dead, and you get penalised. I'll never be convinced otherwise that a good smack in the mouth when needed can have the desired effect of negating the constant niggle, and the wrestle-mania that goes on now.

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
mickqld said:

Went back and had a look at it, you are spot on Mick. Lance H will never run in with a cocked elbow on Flower ever again I would imagine.

Best punch ever.

imagine this guy and passion playing in maroon and white. i have seen him play before and hes big strong and aggressive, on of the best props over there, maybee we should be chasing our own pommie enforcer.

wombatgc said:
Loobs said:

Can't put the shoulder in, they play dead, and you get penalised. I'll never be convinced otherwise that a good smack in the mouth when needed can have the desired effect of negating the constant niggle, and the wrestle-mania that goes on now.

Getting penalised is better than being sent off and probably banned for a considerable amount of time.

Lot of tough talk on here though but the fact is society as whole doesn't tolerate this kind of rubbish any more and nor should it. Football is football. It's a sporting contest for entertainment not an arena to commit assaults under the guise of "get square". The real problem is the refs missing the elbow. LH should have been binned for that and the whole thing is square. King hitting people is not what league should be about...

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4