Sunshine Coast GF on fox

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
How did Williams get MOM?

I've only seen the 2nd half but Hodkinson looks close to an NRL debut, he can tackle, 1 40/20, a try, goalkicker nice bombs, long kicks that didn't find the wingers or fullback on the full. Looks the goods.

He played like a forward but broke heaps of tackles.

First time I have seen Hodkinson and he looked really good. Hope they give him more of a chance next year. His kicking & running game was good - he should have been MOM.

Hodkinson looked pretty good. Bit hard to tell but definitely worth some NRL next year. However he did throw a very bad pass which was intercepted for a try - in a grand final - he would be howled out of town with an error like that for Manly.

His passing game can be worked on. He needs NRL expirience and hopefully that will come.

Manly should have him working close with Ox as his replacement.

That pass wouldnt have translated to the TV well, but basically what happened was we went for a set move, he had his head turned to the right to receive the pass then immediately went to flick it out to the left, but as he was doing so looked up and saw Humble rushing out of the line as he had read the play, so Hodkinson went to pull in his pass but couldnt so it flicked up perfectly for Hodkinson.

What about LeStranges try saving tackle?

Intercept pass being 'howled down'? my my.  Didn't our preferred little guy throw one in Melbourne.  Get H down now and send matty on his way.  Other than a 'mentoring' role which I think is ridiculous, he has very little to offer, there seems no reason to keep the dwarf on the payroll. 

I watched it this morning. How T-Rex got MOTM is beyond me. Knock-on first play, two penalties in the play the ball, three missed goals from three, poor reads, some lazy and sloppy defense - he is way off getting back to NRL. Hodkinson outplayed him easily and he was close to getting the MOTM nod. Vic Mauro was the pick of the forwards and Palau did well and Rob Godfrey in 16 made a terrific bust and good clean-up work. Great to see a Sea Eagles' team spraying the bubbles again.

It sounds like my read of the game from the ground was right then.

Williams looks like he is playing the right level of football.

Hodkinson was good, but the work LeStrange did kept us moving down the park.

the 16 and 14 were awesome off the bench and made some great metres for us

Although I don't think that Eeyore deserved Man Of The Match, you have to admit that he played a lot better than he does on the wing.  He needs more involvement (which he got playing 5/8th) to keep him awake.  I have to agree with your thoughts on him Dan.  He is more suited to that level of football.  He would have to start shining a lot better before he is ever moved back to the NRL with Manly.

Between Hodkinson (that pass aside) and Le Strange (that tackle aside) for MOM.  Impressed with Hodkinson's defence and kicking game, and showed enough in attack to suggest a top-grade future.  Le Strange was also outstanding. 

T-Rex showed both his promise and his flaws.  Currently too easily turned around and made ineffective in defence and top-grade opposition might currently target him and have a field day when they worked him out.  Yet some parts of his game are mouth-watering and being given centre-stage in lower grade, what better place for a youngster like him to develop? Bigger players are often late bloomers. At a not dissimilar similar age Tuiaki couldn't even make top grade for Manly Rugby Union, so who knows?

I think Tony Williams has an attitude problem.
The guy has tonnes of potential but needs a massive rocket up his ass.
Williams never hits the ball at speed, gave away penalties for being lazy and not clearing away from the ruck. Missed a heap of tackles. Dropped the footy, missed all his kicks at goal. I fail to understand how he got MOM.

On the other hand, Hodkinson was sensational. Apart from the interecept he threw with 2 minutes to go i couldn't fault his game.
Very solid defender, he bent players back in most of the tackles he made.
Awesome kicking game, a 40/20 and always kicked into the gaps.
His drop out went 50 meters, and he kicked all his goals. Scored a try and had a hand in most of the others.
Clearly should have been MOM.
I was impressed with his composure, although i have to mention our forwards did lay a good platform and smashed the Pride side out of the game.

Suniuula was great, LeStrange did the damage early on, Palau and Mauro were both very solid.

Did you see the match Kiwi?  What are your views on my man H?  He's good and imo, doesn't need to learn Orford's bad play by being 'mentored'. 

Just remember that this is far from nrl so players that look good here can get smashed in nrl.

I do agree though that we would be doing no worse for having hodkinson over orford. His kicking was good but it didn't feel as clean as it would need to be in nrl.

The pride lost their fullback early and that made a difference, until he got back on. Against another nrl fullback it would have been a different story

DSM5 link said:
Did you see the match Kiwi?  What are your views on my man H?  He's good and imo, doesn't need to learn Orford's bad play by being 'mentored'. 

Na didn't see it, we don't get those games over here, would love to see it though. We get classic matches on a Thursday night, which is currently the 1987 GF, Cliffy at his finest

I am always wary of lower grade superstars though. Sam Murphy was the one for me, heard about him on the forums for years, and when he cracked it to the top level he was awful

I am hoping to see him get a shot though.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6