Suniula, Farrar, Rodney etc etc

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
Dessis can turn average players into real 1st graders.

Rodney has always had the talent and hoppefully the knee injury isn't too serious. But they did say he had ligament damage.

Farrar was solid in defence and I think we came out well infront with the Bani/Farrar swap.

Sunuila is another giant who reminds me of Tuiaki from the tigers.

T Williams getting better with the nice offload to foran and some big hits in defence.

Without 5 players who are on rep duty I thought we struggle be did it in a canter until the last 20mins or so when we switched off.

Credit has got to go to the coaching staff and talent scouts. If we can keep unearthing players as we have done in the last few years then Manly will be very strong for a very long time.

Yep its a shame about Rodney he was probably our best forward while he was out there. Hopefully its only a small strain.

We missed Rodney's workrate in defence in the last 20. From last year's team, take away Kite, Beaver, Gifty and Choc and that is a lot of our defence. The others did okay today, given the weight of defence against us in the 2nd Half.

T-Rex was made to look good off the back of one offload.

He is my new Matai. He obviously has talent, just doesnt seem like he wants to use it

Dan link said:
T-Rex was made to look good off the back of one offload.

He is my new Matai. He obviously has talent, just doesnt seem like he wants to use it
i reckin trex's frame/weight/size can be a bit of a hinderance for him, he is a big lad and maybe this is why he isnt as quick off the mark and also when turning around to chase a kick and a chasing tackle but hopefully in time he can develop further especially when he is brought into the forwards.

In the warm up Tony looked a bit unsure when te rain (drops started) - I think give the boy some time he wasn't comfortable against the Tigers and today he looked the same,
Give him some confidence and he'll be awesone - he plyed opp sides today like he did with the Tig's.
Something just scream lack of gme time & confidence with him..

" If we build it he will .. PERFORM"
Go T-Rex I have FAITH.

mwsneagle link said:
In the warm up Tony looked a bit unsure when te rain (drops started) - I think give the boy some time he wasn't comfortable against the Tigers and today he looked the same,
Give him some confidence and he'll be awesone - he plyed opp sides today like he did with the Tig's.
Something just scream lack of gme time & confidence with him..

\" If we build it he will .. PERFORM\"
Go T-Rex I have FAITH.
i agree ,he has been playing out of position from close to the start of the year,so when dessie finds the right spot for him i think he will come good.

I agree all these players are going great. T-Rex is very impressive and Foran was sensational.

at the dying stages if suniula didnt come out of the line and smash whatever raider it was,they had a 2-3 man overlap,it was a great tackle and a match winning play,awesome play even if some posters think he was mediocre his tackle made up for it,if they scored at this stage they win basically!

Stats were wrong. Suniula cut off a dangerous attacking raid with four to go that had three on one. It was a gamesaver, no matter what any stats moron says.

That big shoulder charge T Rex put on was a classic and as Dan said he obviously has talent as raw as it maybe still he is slowly getting better he will cause much damage when he starts running the ball back harder & faster.

Williams put a shoulder charge in, then almost straight away Suniala cut off the overlap, it was within 2 minutes of each other so they are both right

yea trex did a brut big hit on one side then raiders switched play to the other side ,had on overlap and suniula put on a huge shot aswell :D

T looks only half interested some times. If he had really tried hard with his chases he would have pressured the Raider's fullback into a mistake at least twice but got there too late. He shows huge potential and I can see him coming good, but he is taking his time.

It was certainly Suniula that cut of that play.  If he hadn't, then they win, simple.  A match winning hit.  Actually same as Orford tidying up that kick under the posts.  Good work from both. 

T rex is shy it will take him a little while to feel comfortable when it happens he will be sweet. The first half from suniula was imo no good, he lacked enthusiasm and appears to be quite slow for a winger. I will give him credit for saving the game in the latter stages though and hope he does improve.

Hmmm, have seen more than once someone saying Siniula lacked enthusiasm, which I can't really fathom as more than once I saw him taking runs on the other side of the field close to our line

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6