Sunday afternoon at Brookie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

FlyingHigh

Reserve Grader
So who is heading down to Brookie on Sunday? With everything that has been going on I feel like I want to get out there and support the boys but at the same time don't think we have much chance of winning.

I cant make it but I reckon we will get a good vocal crowd, you can bet on that. Damn shouldn't say that....lol

Last edited:
I am flying up from Melbourne, and bringing 3-non footy watchers to Brookie for the first time.

Players, controversies and administrators come and go - but the club will remain. The club, the community, the history and the passion - that is what I support..... and I will be 100% behind the team this weekend.

Even if TB doesn't drop a certain fullback ;-)

Down on players, a bit of turmoil, back at Brookie for a Sunday Arvo game... I have that small feeling that we could pull a rabbit out of the hat for this one!

It appears the "open letter to Joe Kelly" message has been deleted again. I have to say that is surprising to me - I read it whilst it was up and I didn't think there was anything in there that was that bad - I have certainly seen a lot worse written on these boards about individual players, coaches etc. There was nothing in there that could have been considered insulting or derogatory. What's the story Dan? Are we now being censored on this site?
Maybe it was because the whole "Joe Kelly sucks" story is getting old/boring.

Personally, I support a football team up to coach and players. I don't care who owns it or who is CEO or that our sponsor is an ugly green blob, yada yada. There are bigger issues in the world to worry about...

I certainly hope the fans turn up in big numbers , a very small crowd will be the subject of much mirth by other supporters and endless stories by the media on how the fans have deserted their team.

Like @Loobs , I don't support an owner, or a CEO, or a media manager, I support a brand, a brand that's 70 years old.

And I'm sure that the majority of the players selected will try their butts off, and it's not the success but the trying that's important right now.

Please, I never want to see the days of the Northern Beagles again, we actually didn't have a bad side back then the trouble was none of them wanted to play with or for each other.

Come on boys do us proud.

It appears the "open letter to Joe Kelly" message has been deleted again. I have to say that is surprising to me - I read it whilst it was up and I didn't think there was anything in there that was that bad - I have certainly seen a lot worse written on these boards about individual players, coaches etc. There was nothing in there that could have been considered insulting or derogatory. What's the story Dan? Are we now being censored on this site?
They were removed because
a) they were posted multiple times in multiple threads and were an obvious troll for comment/reaction. The post content wasn't even relevant to the threads it was posted in
b) the other issue that was of concern was that he was quoting a fellow member here and we were not sure that he had discussed that with the member in question before posting what could be details of a private discussion.

I'll be there at Fortress Brookie, sorry I'll be there at what used to be a fortress until Penn, Barrett etc took over.

I'll be watching on TV. Couldn't have made it this weekend anyway. But I won't mind if it is a small crowd. After Zorba's dismissal of the fans, a financial hit might help the penny to drop. Go Manly!

Will be there with my 7 year old son. It is not often I say this but I really need us to win....(this my secret shame)
According to my son Manly is his equal favourite team with....soufs. This is his first visit to the fortress and I really need a good result...

Will be there with my 7 year old son. It is not often I say this but I really need us to win....(this my secret shame)
According to my son Manly is his equal favourite team with....soufs. This is his first visit to the fortress and I really need a good result...

As a father who to took his 9/10 year old son and his mates to Brookie during the Northern Beagle days, I feel for you lsz.

A recurring comment was "Dad, why do we go for this (crap) team. My answer was always because son in life you stick solid through the good times and bad. I would tell him of the 70's and our other great years and assured him the good times would return.

After being at the 2008 and 2011 GF's he still brings up the bad times but always says he was glad he stuck solid.

Maybe he'll be our good luck charm.

If we start deleting posts that are repetitive/boring, this place will become a ghost town :)
Relax, that doesn't happen, if anything this site is too tolerant and is criticised at times for going too easy on trolls.
Just google 'troll' for more clues.

My family will be there, we were there last year rain, hail, shine and again this year we won't let the team down by being counted as a diminished crowd number. GO MANLY!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4