Suli owes it all for Fainu for shot at redemption

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

EaglesDontTweet

Bencher
Premium Member
SMH
By Sam Phillips

June 15, 2019

If it wasn't for a childhood friendship with Manase Fainu, Moses Suli would never have made it to Manly.

His highly promising career would have been cut short before it had ever really picked up steam after playing just 15 games on a million-dollar deal with the Tigers and failing to take the field for the Bulldogs.

As Suli's stocks plummeted due to concerns about his commitment off the field, he had an ally on the northern beaches.

His high school teammate and childhood friend Fainu had convinced then Manly coach Trent Barrett to hand the teen prodigy a trial at Manly.

"I asked him if he could have a chance here, see how he goes. Baz let it go through and ever since then he’s been here at the club," Fainu told the Herald.

Story continues at link: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/su...u-for-shot-at-redemption-20190615-p51y1s.html

Because they live at home with dozens of siblings :cool:

Family means just about everything to Islanders. With the money those boys are earning, living at home helps their families a lot. I understand that they have to go out on their own at some point, but I can understand still living at home, if for no other reason than mum's cooking, mum's cleaning, mum's laundry and mum making sure they are out of bed early enough to get to training on time lol.

With their futures sorted for the next two seasons why aren't both of them living on the Northern Beaches?
When they're on the field they are men, off the field though a lot of guys are still boys, and when you have a lot of boys sharehousing, sometimes things don't end well.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6