Suli Late Mail - Promising

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
The Sea Eagles backline was thin enough last year.
Now, after losing Brian Kelly to the Titans, and with Dylan Walker facing assault charges, the lack of depth in Manly’s back five positions is even more alarming.

And while Tom Trbojevic will again be their focal point in attack, he will need his fellow speedsters to pick up some of the slack and ease the pressure on him.

Enter Moses Suli.

The 20-year-old prodigy who was released by the Tigers after his debut season in 2017, and then the Bulldogs just one month into a rich three-year deal.
It’s the Tongan international’s attitude and discipline that has let him down in the early stages of his first-grade career.

But teammate Jorge Taufua insists his struggles stem from his Polynesian heritage, and he and some of the other Pacific Islanders in the squad have made it their mission to help him realise his potential.

“I think [his perceived laziness or unreliability is] just a young Polynesian thing, it’s hard to get out of your comfort zone,” Taufua tells foxsports.com.au.

“So I’ve put the onus on myself to kind of get him out of it. Not just me, Addin (Fonua-Blake) and Marty (Taupau) as well.

“He’s got a good friend in Manase (Fainu) as well, they’ve known each other since they were kids.

“I think since he’s been here he’s adapted really well... he’s definitely taken some positive steps since he’s been here.”

Suli certainly seemed to turn a corner last year after being thrown a lifeline by Trent Barrett.

His only hiccup being a missed training session over a passport issue which led to him being dropped for their Round 14 clash with the Warriors.

“Look, it was minor on his part and he’s been really good... but it’s a call that I had to make. Moses isn’t going to improve if we don’t make those calls on him,” Barrett said at the time.

There’s no doubting his ability though. And after a strong pre-season at Narrabeen, Taufua is excited to see what Suli can achieve.

“He’s in mad shape and he’s worked extremely hard,” he continued.

“I think last year he had whatever happened with the Bulldogs. So he’s had a full pre-season under his belt (with Manly), he’s in the best shape I’ve seen him, and he’s definitely skilful for his size so watch out.”

He’s one of the main reasons Taufua expects the Sea Eagles backline to punch above its weight.

“Maybe on paper we may not look as strong as other teams but we know what we have here, and some boys will probably surprise some teams this year being largely unknown, which is exciting,” he added.

“Like Moses, I’m really excited to see how he goes. We might not have one of those star-studded backlines as we used to but we’ll still do a hectic job.”

"Taufua expects the Sea Eagles backline to punch above its weight."
Gee. I hope so. Weight is something we have plenty of.

We may surprise and me being the optimist am hopeful we will , but am a little concerned about our 3/4 . Wasn't a Kelly fan but he was in for a big year and with himself and walker we may have been top 4 . Here's hoping and I have faith in the chosen one .

We may surprise and me being the optimist am hopeful we will , but am a little concerned about our 3/4 . Wasn't a Kelly fan but he was in for a big year and with himself and walker we may have been top 4 . Here's hoping and I have faith in the chosen one .
I think a firing Suli is going to be better than a firing Kelly. The question is just whether Suli will fire this year or not.

Having Tafua healthy all season will certainly help. We really missed him last year, especially when Marty and AFB were on the bench.

Plus, everyone just blocks the chasers on bombs these days.

The Sea Eagles backline was thin enough last year.
Now, after losing Brian Kelly to the Titans, and with Dylan Walker facing assault charges, the lack of depth in Manly’s back five positions is even more alarming.

And while Tom Trbojevic will again be their focal point in attack, he will need his fellow speedsters to pick up some of the slack and ease the pressure on him.

Enter Moses Suli.

The 20-year-old prodigy who was released by the Tigers after his debut season in 2017, and then the Bulldogs just one month into a rich three-year deal.
It’s the Tongan international’s attitude and discipline that has let him down in the early stages of his first-grade career.

But teammate Jorge Taufua insists his struggles stem from his Polynesian heritage, and he and some of the other Pacific Islanders in the squad have made it their mission to help him realise his potential.

“I think [his perceived laziness or unreliability is] just a young Polynesian thing, it’s hard to get out of your comfort zone,” Taufua tells foxsports.com.au.

“So I’ve put the onus on myself to kind of get him out of it. Not just me, Addin (Fonua-Blake) and Marty (Taupau) as well.

“He’s got a good friend in Manase (Fainu) as well, they’ve known each other since they were kids.

“I think since he’s been here he’s adapted really well... he’s definitely taken some positive steps since he’s been here.”

Suli certainly seemed to turn a corner last year after being thrown a lifeline by Trent Barrett.

His only hiccup being a missed training session over a passport issue which led to him being dropped for their Round 14 clash with the Warriors.

“Look, it was minor on his part and he’s been really good... but it’s a call that I had to make. Moses isn’t going to improve if we don’t make those calls on him,” Barrett said at the time.

There’s no doubting his ability though. And after a strong pre-season at Narrabeen, Taufua is excited to see what Suli can achieve.

“He’s in mad shape and he’s worked extremely hard,” he continued.

“I think last year he had whatever happened with the Bulldogs. So he’s had a full pre-season under his belt (with Manly), he’s in the best shape I’ve seen him, and he’s definitely skilful for his size so watch out.”

He’s one of the main reasons Taufua expects the Sea Eagles backline to punch above its weight.

“Maybe on paper we may not look as strong as other teams but we know what we have here, and some boys will probably surprise some teams this year being largely unknown, which is exciting,” he added.

“Like Moses, I’m really excited to see how he goes. We might not have one of those star-studded backlines as we used to but we’ll still do a hectic job.”
Thank you for the article @maxta

Many are questioning the ability of our 2019 back line

The fact is that it does not matter if others do not believe in you . What matters is and what gets results is if you believe in your self .

Great to see our players starting to BELIEVE once again .

GREAT THINGS START TO HAPPEN WHEN WE START TO BELIEVE . Fck what other think WE HAVE THE FINAL SAY !!!
4d4a07cacbc0f628397026c3b9033248.jpg

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4