Suli has to go!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Cowboys were ordinary last night and they lacked resistance and resilience in their 50 point loss .
Against the more spirited Newcastle team the week before was a better test for us and our backs failed to make an impression .

In tight matches players that have the more ability create more possibilities for a win
We all know which players they are and it is up to them to put fire in their belly and start firing up for the team.

Who am I going to drop ?
The players that do not stand up and deliver in matches that we lose

The moral of the story
You are only as great as the opponent you have defeated
And the Cowboys were not get great and no Finals threat in last nights game
Agreed that cowboys were lacklustre however we played much better than we did against Newcastle. Having Foz back made a big difference in the halves.

The Cowboys were ordinary last night and they lacked resistance and resilience in their 50 point loss .
Against the more spirited Newcastle team the week before was a better test for us and our backs failed to make an impression .

In tight matches players that have the more ability create more possibilities for a win
We all know which players they are and it is up to them to put fire in their belly and start firing up for the team.

Who am I going to drop ?
The players that do not stand up and deliver in matches that we lose

The moral of the story
You are only as great as the opponent you have defeated
And the Cowboys were not get great and no Finals threat in last nights game
Well all of that didn’t answer my question….well anyway I’m off to the pub!

The way I see it, between Tommy, Foz, DCE, and Schu, the four of these guys will create enough opportunities for the team to capitalise on irrespective of who is in the centres. So it comes down to defence, and Walker and Suli are not at Parker's and Harper's standard.

I really like Walker at #14. He should be in the 17 regardless of who is available.

As for Suli, he is going to have to make sure that he nails every opportunity he gets because he is well back in the pecking order now.

The way I see it, between Tommy, Foz, DCE, and Schu, the four of these guys will create enough opportunities for the team to capitalise on irrespective of who is in the centres. So it comes down to defence, and Walker and Suli are not at Parker's and Harper's standard.

I really like Walker at #14. He should be in the 17 regardless of who is available.

As for Suli, he is going to have to make sure that he nails every opportunity he gets because he is well back in the pecking order now.
That's it mate, scoring points isn't our issue! Defence wins the big games! We have more than enough strike power across the park. I like Walker as my 14 and still keep Lawton on the bench too. The 2 of them cover pretty much every position on the field. 2 props take the other 2 bench spots.

Well put, Suli play very well yesterday, keeps playing with that energy and effect he will be demanding selection.

Walker definitely needs to be in the 17.

Walker in the 17.

Suli out of the 17.

Excellent selection Des :thumbsup::oops:
is this sarcasm or not?? I think it is probably the right call... but only just. Walker provided some difference when he came on, played a weird role that could be good for us.

is this sarcasm or not?? I think it is probably the right call... but only just. Walker provided some difference when he came on, played a weird role that could be good for us.

I agree! That injection of Walker late in the game can really blow a game open playing that roaming roll. In this day and age of footy the small guys are really dictating footy games.
Will be very interesting to watch him play the back end of the season

Last edited:

I am no fan of laziboi. It was a serious statement.

Anyone that would think Suli is a better bet than Walker knows nothing about footy.

That's it mate, scoring points isn't our issue! Defence wins the big games! We have more than enough strike power across the park. I like Walker as my 14 and still keep Lawton on the bench too. The 2 of them cover pretty much every position on the field. 2 props take the other 2 bench spots.
I could get used to this bench. (If Des decides to retain Walker for next season). And also when we have a full strength team back of course. Yes Lawton and Walker do cover all positions on the field (except prop), and Aloiai and Keppie can both play middle and backrow if required.

14. Walker
15. Lawton
16. Aloiai
17. Keppie

It will mean we will potentially have a lot of first grade "quality" players in Blacktown next year. Davey, Saddler, Sipley etc and Croker as well if Fainu isn't convicted.

I can't find a spot for Siro or Suli either. That assumes that Foran goes around one more time, and Schuster has another season in the backrow.

I really like the balance of the starting 13 (now and for 2022) as it is at the moment, and I could live with no outside signings for 2022, if that's where we are going. Des has got a really good squad to work with, and he is doing an excellent job in player development right now.

Last edited:
The 1 thing I get out of this....the Blacktown team will be stacked and if can even make the Finals, will be almost unbeatable with the players going back there.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4