Suing Hasler ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Just heard on the radio here we are suing Hasler after going through an old work computer and finding a lot of negotiations between him and the Dogs mid year

Vaguely remember hearing this info a while back but thought we had dropped any idea of legal action ?

there is something on the SMH site. But they said they have had legal counsel and are awaiting a board vote. Apparently they have uncovered details of greenburg trying to entice Hasler to break his contract. It also indicates they are suing the dogs rather than the dog

Wast it the SMH that said Des wanted to walk in August but legal advice he received forced him to stay.

THE INSIDE BACK

Legal row looming ... Des Hasler. Photo: Anthony Johnson

Manly are edging closer to launching legal action against Canterbury for allegedly inducing two-time premiership-winning coach Des Hasler to break his contract and defect to Belmore a year before his deal with the Sea Eagles expired. As revealed in The Sun-Herald last month, the Sea Eagles were poring over Hasler's work computer and The Inside Back understands the club has uncovered email correspondence between Hasler and Bulldogs chief executive Todd Greenberg. The matter was set to be discussed at a board meeting last week although not all directors were able to attend. The club is now awaiting final legal advice that is being prepared by lawyer Tim Unsworth - son of former NSW premier Barrie.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/legal-eagles-manly-ready-to-sue-over-des-defection-20120306-1uigr.html#ixzz1oHB3JxTp

That'll wipe that silly smirk off Greenturds face. He's a grubby lying prick. And so is Des. Fuk I hope the club goes on with it, and nails the 2 of them.

I hope they Stick solid over this. The clubs brand has been smashed by hasler's BFF Ritchie hammering our club to deflect attention away from des and the dogs doing dodgee deals. Greenberg is a smug c$nt
I wanna see him get his.

It is an interesting one PR wise (do you make more of an issue or let it die)

My guess is they will push for a settlement

I cannot believe that Hasler would be silly enough to correspond with Greedturd via his work laptop

tookey said:
I cannot believe that Hasler would be silly enough to correspond with Greedturd via his work laptop
Not as smart as he makes out hey

They had better hope that they are checking his work email account and not his personal email account!.

I use my work computer for most things, but they have no right to access my gmail account or my silvertails.net account. They do have a right to check my Ms Exchange account and outlook on my PC, however there is no need for them to do that as they can just check the mail on the server.

Which makes me think this is all a bit dodgy.

In my view we need to just let it go. What sort of message does this send to the team. "Hey look we are happy with Toovey so far, but we would have preferred Hasler, and so much so that we are going to take the Bulldogs to court to get compensation for it"

Seriously, the event was horrible for all involved and it wasn't handled well by anybody really. However taking people to court over it, doesn't fix anything, it just prolongs the pain, and to what end?

The only reason I could see this as a wise and reasonable move, would be if the Sea Eagles were forced to Pay Hasler any remaining salary, and as such we were at a financial disadvantage due to contract breach.

However even that still says to me, that we are going to get a ton of bad press to recover a few hundred thousand and spend just as much in the process.

In my view just let it go and get on with the new era at the Sea Eagles. You can't change what has happened, but you can learn from it and be stronger for it. Show a united front behind Toovey

Im with Daniel on this one... Let it go , who cares thats yesterdays news, at the end of the day Hasler is all about the money , if he didnt want to be here so be it.. We have 2V and Cliffy now

Can't agree Dan. A message needs to be sent that this kind of behaviour won't be tolerated. We don't want the same thing happening with Tooves after he's gone back-to-back-to-back.

Our players never get any le way if they break a rule so why should those 2 morons! Deserve everything they get !

Does anyone think that Des created this storm at Manly so that he could defect much earlier?

Haz88 said:
Our players never get any le way if they break a rule so why should those 2 morons! Deserve everything they get !

Does anyone think that Des created this storm at Manly so that he could defect much earlier?

Absolutely no doubt in my mind.

I reckon send the information on to the IC. Lets see if they are prepared to do anything with it. Even a public warning to Greenberg is a win for me.

To be honest, I think our management should let it go. I think they should be putting most of their focus into other things than going to the courts like our player retention and Brookie redevelopment, time sitting around and discussing this is better spend doing those two things.

I want to Greenturd exposed as the slime he is instead of being called the best young CEO in at the game. I want the truth out there so it ruins this pricks future employment opportunities.

I Agree bones.

I also think we should let it go however the way Des did us over and left us out to dry - he is not bigger than our club and needs to pay

In saying that also, im glad he has gone because now a real man and legend is in charge TOOVEY!!

I think it would be remiss of the club not to go for Hasler or Greenberg or both. There's money and principle involved and so the club should sue. The matter will be more destabilizing to the Dogs than to us. Revenge, both in the courts and on the ground, is so sweet.
I'm not one of the 'turn the other cheek' brigade.
On the matter of using a club supplied computer to send personal emails, from a legal matter that I was involved with, any rights you may have thought you had are compromised. Privacy laws in Australia are in reality, non-existent.

sure but at what cost?

You take him to court on dubious evidence and dont prove your cost, then you have just cost us more money and a **** ton more of bad publicity.

We already viewed as the spiteful and sooky children of the league and quite frankly we tend to act it.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2