Suaia Matagi

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yep & Matagi has signed with Parramatta..............I'm at a loss as to how the Eels can afford all the players they've signed / resigned for next year with all the salary cap dramas still hovering over their heads??? It doesn't add up & it's f!@#$%g annoying!
easy answer is.. they can't

Can't wait for them to get pulled up for going over the cap again :rolleyes:

Ok, taken out of context - apologies. The Green love frustrates me. The bloke couldn't crack 3-4 NRL clubs first grade teams, and if Melbourne were all fit, guess where he would have been playing there? Slater is back next season, so Melbourne made their choice, and here he is.

For mine, he's no better than Mathew Wright at 5/8. Wright would have looked amazing at Melbourne with a number 6 on his back - in fact, he didn't even do that badly here, in what was a disaster with 5 straight losses to finish the season, and a series of 7 straight losses to equal The Clubs worst ever losing run.

If people are pinning their hopes on him being the messiah, or being DCE's messiah, they are in for a world of disappointment.

He's very lucky to be getting $350k - VERY lucky.
Once again, he has changed since then, if you don't think he was playing good then go rewatch some games and decide again. Once again stop making negative decisions until you have real proof he'll turn out to be ****

Last edited by a moderator:
This is devastating news

How will we ever cover Matagi's HUUUUUUUGE 77m per game.

if only we could get a player like Taupau with 143, Lussick with 125, Jake Turbo with 123, Lawrence with 94, Myles with 84 who make more yardage.

I guess we can all hope AFB in his second full year can improve on his 71m per game to cover that 77m per game loss.

This is devastating news

How will we ever cover Matagi's HUUUUUUUGE 77m per game.

if only we could get a player like Taupau with 143, Lussick with 125, Jake Turbo with 123, Lawrence with 94, Myles with 84 who make more yardage.

I guess we can all hope AFB in his second full year can improve on his 71m per game to cover that 77m per game loss.
What did u hear fluffy? Has he really signed with eels or someone else

What did u hear fluffy? Has he really signed with eels or someone else

I heard that he is over rated by many on here. 77m per game is fairly average for a prop. He is an impact bench prop, we have AFB and Meehan for this already so not someone that will change our team makeup much. Sure you can never have enough props but at the end of the day he is far from a superstar.

I heard that he is over rated by many on here. 77m per game is fairly average for a prop. He is an impact bench prop, we have AFB and Meehan for this already so not someone that will change our team makeup much. Sure you can never have enough props but at the end of the day he is far from a superstar.
I suppose it is for the better, either Meehan or Jamil Hoppa have got to get a run with the first grade side, Meehan preferably in my opinion. Our pack was brilliant last year, gained some of the best metres in the nrl (2nd most i believe it was late in the season) they looked like manly bar myles, standing up to the challenge no matter what

I am going to suggest we may have a real cause for concern with our props.

We have lost 4 props Vave, Starling, Burgess, and Knight from 2016. Our only bookend addition to the NRL side, so far, is Meehan. Even his ability/permission to play NRL in 2017 remains uncertain.

Depth, let's say Knight and Burgess were 2nd tier this year. Blacktown will have player taking their spots. But 3rd grade players coming up to second grade for the first time, and given both Knight and Burgess were both called up to play a game or two in the top grade this year. Our prop depth looks really weak.

Then add Starling and Vave both had more NRL appearances this year, one or both are yet to be replaced....

It's November and depth players are already back at training.

At a minimum we need one more prop, the number of props used in 2016 suggest they are likely to see plenty of NRL action, so we need them to be good......

Props win comps.

I suppose it is for the better, either Meehan or Jamil Hoppa have got to get a run with the first grade side, Meehan preferably in my opinion. Our pack was brilliant last year, gained some of the best metres in the nrl (2nd most i believe it was late in the season) they looked like manly bar myles, standing up to the challenge no matter what

There was a good patch of metres gained stats when the forwards were playing with more aggression/speed/confidence and had a decent winning spell but i doubt Manly were second best for an entire year unless this golden patched swayed the stats that much in our favour.(even if this is the case we are still not second best metres gained wise in my eyes from a consistency stand point)

It's a shame the Matagi deal fell through because he is really just what we need...a no frills bench prop who simply tucks it under his arm and runs hard, sustaining the tempo set by the starting props.

He is a slightly younger version of Sam Moa and would have taken the bench spot formerly occupied by Starling. Oh well, the Eels defy the cap again?!

It's a shame the Matagi deal fell through because he is really just what we need...a no frills bench prop who simply tucks it under his arm and runs hard, sustaining the tempo set by the starting props.

He is a slightly younger version of Sam Moa and would have taken the bench spot formerly occupied by Starling. Oh well, the Eels defy the cap again?!

You'd have to wonder why we couldn't get him?, maybe and probably he lives out that way and it was closer to home for training.

And agree we are one short now that players like Starling / Vave have been released.

really at parra training or like a previous poster said at Manly training with 2 other panthers last week?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2