Stuart is a fool

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Has it ever been that the Premiers have only managed one player in the starting side for the ensuing Kangaroos Test?

What a joke.

Regardless, congratulations to Glenn Stewart and Perry (albeit on the bench) for their international debut.

A bit harsh Mata. 

Granted they had more wins and fewer losses than any team.  But look at their shoddy form - they only scored 110-12 in the final series and 40-0 in the GF.

I'm surprised Stewart and Perry got a run over Fitzgibbon.

Good luck to them, hopefully the others get a run later on and force their way in to the first choice side.

Monaghan v Williams
Laffranchi v Watmough

I raised an eyebrow at first but then i realised it's just game 1 and you'd need to experiment with players and combinations so you'd be ready for the finals.  If our boys get snubbed further and just play the weaker games then that'll get annoying. 

Interesting that Nikau has come out and said that the Kiwi camp is bemused that there is only one Manly player in the run on team.

I can see that Kite is on the bench is because he can partner Perry, whereas Price and Petero are Origin partners, plus they would have more 'big game' experience having played all 3 origins and winning the series.  But that's just how i'd like to see it, who knows if Stuart hates us or whatever.

They will be looking to let the big boppers of Price and Petrol to absorb the intensity of the opening 15 - 20

Kite is a tall guy but not a big Prop, so he will come in as a more mobile runner when the NZ players get a bit more tired from the opening.

I understand the tactic. I also think that Stuart therefore wants to have Kite and Perry combo on at the same time, so put perry on the bench.

It makes sense in those terms at least

Considering most of our side was mocked and bagged on here most of the year, it is hardly suprising only 1 of them gets a run on !!!! :p

I can see the idea of having Kite on the bench is a good one. He is most mobile of all the Props and will be holding the centre of the ruck in the last 20 mins of each half, when the little men and more mobile players get a bit of a roll on. Anyone remember Brett White and his lack of mobility in Origin 3? Thurston certainly can!!!

Canteen Worker link said:
Anyone remember Brett White and his lack of mobility in Origin 3? Thurston certainly can!!!

Of course I f*cking can! Laziest defence ever. What was he doing that wide of the ruck anyway? Running away from the big boppers, that's what.

Matabele link said:
Has it ever been that the Premiers have only managed one player in the starting side for the ensuing Kangaroos Test?

What about the Tigers in '05? I don't think they even got a player in the team after they won the comp. From memory only Scotty Prince got a run in the SQUAD and even then I don't think he played a Test on that tour aside from a one-off novelty game against the French.

I know this is an old joke... but remember how good Aus was with Raper? well now there is atleast three of them in the team :D

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7