Strong Sea Eagles squad tipped for Auckland

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member

Peter Peters
Manly Daily
January 24, 2014 6:37PM

THE Manly Sea Eagles are likely to unleash several of their superstar backline including Jamie Lyon and Daly Cherry-Evans in a deliberate bid to make an immediate impact in next month's inaugural NRL Nines tournament in Auckland.

Coach Geoff Toovey is still undecided on his touring squad but has narrowed his thoughts down to around 18 players.

Manly's backline is considered the most lethal in the NRL and there is every chance skipper Jamie Lyon and international halfback Cherry-Evans will spearhead the challenge as Manly look to add a Nines title to the club's amazing record in the now defunct Sevens formula.

Powerhouse winger Jorge Taufua and versatile young utility back Peta Hiku are certain selections and Manly fans will get the opportunity to check out recruit Cheyse Blair for the first time in maroon and white.

Manly aren't talking up their chances in the Nines but are quietly confident they will do well.

The $2.25 million prizemoney is an attraction to all clubs.

DOUBLE TROUBLE

TEENAGE prop Jake Trbojevic continues his gradual apprenticeship at the Manly Sea Eagles with the Mona Vale junior relishing the training he is getting with the club's full time squad.

Front rowers must have a steady and well planned introduction to the engine room in the modern game and Manly are being very patient with the talented youngster.

He was blooded in the NRL while still playing 20's last year and is sure to be given more opportunities in 2014.

Trbojevic's strength in pre season training is impressive - so much so that older and much more experienced forwards are steering clear of him in wrestling sessions.

He won't be the last member of the talented sporting family to make his mark.

Keen judges are excited about the promise shown by tall fullback Tom who is eligible for SG Ball competition but will play two years up in the under 20's in 2014.

Fans should get to Brookie early this season to watch this youngster play.

Ex Sea Eagle and now Mona Vale official Jack Elsegood says Tom will be cherry ripe to replace Brett Stewart when the Snake decides to hang up his number one jersey in the future.

VALE GEORGE SMITH

FORMER Sea Eagles captain George Smith has passed away aged 83. Smith captained Manly in 1964 as a NSW and Australian representative from the 1962 season. He played for Manly in 1964 and 1965.

A tall lock forward Smith passed away in Grafton on Thursday night after a recent illness.

His funeral service will be held at the Grafton greyhound track next Thursday.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/strong-sea-eagles-squad-tipped-for-auckland/story-fngr8iii-1226809931965

Peter Peters
Manly Daily
January 24, 2014 6:37PM

THE Manly Sea Eagles are likely to unleash several of their superstar backline including Jamie Lyon and Daly Cherry-Evans in a deliberate bid to make an immediate impact in next month’s inaugural NRL Nines tournament in Auckland.

Click here to read the full article.

@Dan
I don't know why but I submitted this article this morning and it ended up showing in the latest news on the front Silvertails main page but it never turned up in the forum.

Brissie Kid said:
So Zorba hasn't penciled in Hiku to replace a retired Snake in 2017 but Tom Trbojevic’?
[/quote
There are a few boys in the running coming through, not just young Tom and Hiku would be in front while he is still with us.

Brissie Kid said:
So Zorba hasn't penciled in Hiku to replace a retired Snake in 2017 but Tom Trbojevic’?

Zorba, gets lost with the Pixies at times, there are plenty of young guns coming through, besides young Tom who can play fullback exceptionally well. Hiku is the pick at this stage, but is Off Contract at the end of this season.

Tom is an exceptional athlete who is extremely fast and hard to stop. Absolutely brained them in juniors past few years. Playing 20's is a big jump and will be good to watch him handle.

Darren said:
Tom is an exceptional athlete who is extremely fast and hard to stop. Absolutely brained them in juniors past few years. Playing 20's is a big jump and will be good to watch him handle.

I Watch a lot of all the juniors as well and Tom ( Mona Vale Raiders ) is a good player, hasn't got explosive speed from the mark, like a couple of other youngsters in his team have, as he gets older and fills out, I can see him possibly slipping into the second row, plenty of fast, speedy kids coming through in that team, just hope they are all given plenty of opportunity with some ball to run. The NSW Cup, should be very Competitive this year with some of the players they have in the team. Would love to see Cliffy helping this side.

We are having some performance issues which effects the xmlrpc due to timeouts. I've got them down a little bit but more work to do. I was too sick this week to work on it earnestly as well as being busy with work trips I need to nail it down and get it sorted over the next fortnight

Dan said:
We are having some performance issues which effects the xmlrpc due to timeouts. I've got them down a little bit but more work to do. I was too sick this week to work on it earnestly as well as being busy with work trips I need to nail it down and get it sorted over the next fortnight

No worries Dan. I thought that I must have done something wrong when I submitted the article as believe it or not, that was the first one that I have actually posted for either myself and for anybody else. Normally by the time that I get the PM that there is an article to be published, I find that someone has already done it. Anyway, after the first article that I published failed to appear in the forum, I manually started a new thread for the article.

Also, at the bottom of the published article where it says:

"Click here to Discuss this Article

Want to Join the discussion? Click Here"

when you click there, it comes up saying "The specified thread does not exist."

For the second article that I attempted to publish (Hulking backrower looking for shot at NRL level), I followed your "How to Submit an Article on Silvertails" video and had exactly the same result and I had to manually started a new thread for that article too.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4