Straya Day.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Wishing everybody, all Aussies and our guests a great day, however you chose to celebrate, make sure you don't piisss off others or get behind the wheel of a motor vehicle.

I will be at the beach (on patrol) so swim between the flags you numbnuts.

Get one intaya, and go aussie go.

What makes a Nation great is the character of the people . People who love their country and are very patriotic .
I have shift work this weekend but the flag is already up in my work area not only on Australia day but every day of the fcking week
God bless Australia !!!
IMG_6381.JPG

Wishing everybody, all Aussies and our guests a great day, however you chose to celebrate, make sure you don't piisss off others or get behind the wheel of a motor vehicle.

I will be at the beach (on patrol) so swim between the flags you numbnuts.

Get one intaya, and go aussie go.

Remember kids, not having to be rescued by Woodsie is a great reason to learn how to swim! lol

And recognise those signs of rips!

Have a nice day and safe weekend.

For too long now we have celebrated on 26th January, what was it '94 the nation fell into step with the public holiday. Its a bloody disgrace that it is on that day. Most Australians know it as Australia day but not that it celebrates the settlement of Sydney.
It has dragged on for over 20 bloody years not and WE MUST CHANGE IT!
It is so obvious that the correct date to celebrate ALL things aussie is clearly May 8th. Be you black, asian, white or whatever May 8 is a date that will bring us all together. Inclusive. Respecting all Aussies.
Whats more australian then M8?

We are all M8s after all.

I just love Australia day. I love the hot weather and it is at the perfect time to be that little long weekend reward for managing to get back to work after Christmas/New Years.

I hate all the talk about moving it. It doesn't co-incide truly with any real event, and none of us run around celebrating the landing of the first fleet. It is just a wonderful opportunity to enjoy the outdoors with a beer on a hot day and celebrate how good life is being here.

I even loved having the Triple J Hot 100 playing on the day, but shame on those JJJ idiots for killing that opportunity to promote alternative music all around the country when they actually are out and are listening. Now alternative music, of which Australia offers some of the best in the world, will retreat back to irrelevance.

NYEagle

To be fair it was as a result of a vote by the people who listen to the station...
I just love Australia day. I love the hot weather and it is at the perfect time to be that little long weekend reward for managing to get back to work after Christmas/New Years.

I hate all the talk about moving it. It doesn't co-incide truly with any real event, and none of us run around celebrating the landing of the first fleet. It is just a wonderful opportunity to enjoy the outdoors with a beer on a hot day and celebrate how good life is being here.

I even loved having the Triple J Hot 100 playing on the day, but shame on those JJJ idiots for killing that opportunity to promote alternative music all around the country when they actually are out and are listening. Now alternative music, of which Australia offers some of the best in the world, will retreat back to irrelevance.

NYEagle

Don't forget to sunscreen up at the beach today people!! I had to get a bloody melanoma cut out of my hand on Wednesday. Slip, slop, slap now has a whole new meaning for me. It used to mean slip on a singlet, slop down a beer and slap the missus on the date.

Also, @globaleagle ....when I was a young bloke, going to the beach to "patrol" had another meaning.

Maybe that's what @Woodsie is up to today!

Happy Australia Day everybody!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8