Post-Game Discussion Storm v Manly [Round 12, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Storm
Vs
Sea Eagles
28 AAMI Park
26 May 2022 19:50
80th minute

Match Stats

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Storm v Manly [Round 12, 2022]

Pre-Match Thread here

Game Day Thread here

MATCH DAY

Thursday 26th May 2022

Venue:
.... AAMI Park, Melbourne, VIC

NRL Kick Off Time:.... Melbourne Storm vs Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles - 7:50pm.

FULL TIME SCORE

Storm: 28
Manly: 8

284025489_10159796247710993_3742480650390434929_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

Team Victory Song:

giphy1.gif

pouting-face-smiley-emoticon.gif

Pressers:

Post Match Interviews: TBA

Match Report:

Sea Eagles Stats Review: TBA

Match Highlights:

Extended Match Highlights: TBA

Full Match Replay Link:

Manly Tries:

Game Pics & Video Clips: TBA

Press Print & Video Articles:

Storm make light work of depleted Manly

Magic Munster stops Storm rot, warms Maroons’ hearts

Joey fumes as Bunker can’t get it right

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
A lot of people being critical of Schuster. He’s being forced to play in a weird role by a coach who has know idea what he’s doing. Yes he’s unfit at the moment but he’s coming off an injury and still looks more dangerous than 95% of the rest of the team. Keeping a soon-to-be 32 year old Foran over him would be a death spell for us.

The real issue in our spine is the other half but no one seems to want to go there.

Not saying we would win, but seriously but what game did you watch, the decisions were ****.

I have had 5 Paramatta Supporters here draw texters on my screen identifying 5 kicks chases where the kick chase was off side...no penalty, just us deep in defense. Not even talking about at least 4 forward passes not called bac

The difference between us and the top 4 is light years apart.

Really I don’t know where we go to from here , we don’t have the players , the will , the coach or the discipline and sadly the desire to be better.

Sad days , tough times ahead for the rest of the year.

Was so glad we got to the end of the game with our captain's challenge still in hand. It was the only contest we won all night.

But seriously, the one question I keep asking myself (besides, "Why do I keep watching this ****?"), is why do our players bother taking hit-ups, making tackles and working hard to get into the game if some dickhead (and it's a rotating cast of dickheads week by week) in our team is just going to give the ball back to the opposing side at the least opportune time? It is so deflating to watch as a fan, and I can only imagine how the players must feel as they keep on experiencing the familiar horror of deja vu all over again.

We deserved to win last week (probably the first time all year I can confidently say that) and of course we didn't. This week, we were never in the contest. We are so dumb, so poorly drilled and so bereft of ideas and options it's embarrassing.

And if anybody was ever in doubt that the problem with our left-side defence is Cherry and his baffling inability to pick a defensive option (preferably the same one the rest of the team has picked) and stick with it, please watch this game again.

The difference between us and the top 4 is light years apart.

Really I don’t know where we go to from here , we don’t have the players , the will , the coach or the discipline and sadly the desire to be better.

Sad days , tough times ahead for the rest of the year.
I agree we can do better! But

I picked us to lose by 20, said that to @byso at 6 tonight.

But what ticks me is the run of game, the penalties on tackle 5. the six again's on a whim. the calls we get called on but the other team are not seen to do the same offences. it stuffs our game. It's not fair in any connotation.

Found a positive looking forward,no DCE and maybe JakeT to slow down the play next week.JakeT’s defence will be missed though,not DCE’s

Look, I know positional changes were not going to be enough to change that result tonight... However, if you're going to go with same players picked tonight then a simple switch could have made quite a difference. I would have put Jorge to centre, Koala to FB and Garrick back on his wing. I think that alone would have made me feel much more positive about Des and his ability to have some courage moving us forward.

I saw potential in the team tonight. Koula defends really well. Despite the score no Manly player threw in the towel. Schuster will be amazing. I thought they mostly played with positive energy tonight but were outclassed by a team who rorts the system professionally. Onto next week.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8