Storm lose all their premierships and 2010 points!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

chrisos

Reserve Grader
The National Rugby League has today stripped the Melbourne Storm of the 2007 and 2009 Telstra Premierships, the Minor Premierships of 2006-8 and of its 2010 competition points after confirming a series of salary cap breaches amounting to at least $1.7million over five years.

The club will lose all competition points earned to date in 2010 and also the right to accumulate points going forward in 2010 (competition tables will record wins and losses but the club will not be awarded competition points on the basis of any wins). These measures are effective as of today.
WOODEN SPOONERS NOW!MAN THIS IS BIG NEWS.
Dont know how to do an article thingy so heres a link.
http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsarticle/tabid/10874/newsid/58359/melbourne-storm-breach-nrl-salary-cap/default.aspx

I just wanted to add that i feel sorry only for the fans,if this was my club id be gutted,im reading about it on melbourne storm supporter sites and they are all gutted and the majority seem to be abondoning the club,one member posted this:
The club has lost all credibility. Will lose all sponsors, membership will drop dramatically and support will be almost nonextent for quite some time.
Can the club recover? Will people support the club still?
So many questions?
Is this a fatal blow?
Total and utter cheats,no wonder they have been dominating the comp for so long,its pathetic,bad for the game,just pathetic Storm.

Site is getting hammerred at the moment!

So dont bother posting it. I wonder if the points revert to us for the 2007 grand final?

If they can strip a title, they should be able to award one as well.  Sea Eagles and Eels should be declared premiers for those respective years.  Though I feel sorry for the teams that missed out on a grand final

MAN this is bad for the game,totally unfair that they have been dominating the comp through cheating all these years,I always wondered how they paid for all that talent to stay there for so long!?!
BTW Dan melbourne storm site,league unlimited were both down for me,must have crashed with ppl hammering them.
You must feel for the supporters,but The Storm deserve everything they get ,Cheating Scum.

Where on earth are they gonna get the money to pay for this? Also, it makes me wonder why they are so far over, when most of their top players were discovered by the Storm, and no bought. Folau, Inglis, Slater, Cronk, White, Hoffman, Turner, Johnson, Smith, Lima, Blair - all rose to prominence through the Storm, not at other clubs.

Yeah every league site is getting nailed at the moment, things are getting better on here since I took away a few things. We may need to look at a dedicated host going forward.

As such I am going to have to start seeking proper advertisers to keep the site afloat. So if anyone is any good at that and wants to give me a hand finding some that would be great

I'll forgo the 2007 GF not wishing to see the Slime get one.  The NRL should go, with the new Commission coming out of this debacle.  All those in charge over the last five years should go, Gallop, Shubert especially, and all the others.  All tainted either through collaboration or just ignorant, or both.

Suck sh!t storm.

The funniest thing is:

NRL is owned by News Ltd.
Storm are owned by News Ltd.
The third party payments were paid to Cam Smith etc. by Fox Sports. Who are owned by News Ltd.
How is it possible to fck this up?? Surely they could have covered this up??

Conflict of interest much??

News Ltd now have no interest in the Storm doing well as they're 'handing the game back' blah blah.
News Ltd no doubt will make a lot of money out of this story through sale of newspapers, fox sports/FS news/NRL on Fox getting high ratings etc.
News Ltd = win.

Anyhoo. Does that mean Manly become 2007 premiers? I say yes.

Manly now have been robbed of THREE premierships in the past decade or so.

1995 bulldogs beat us in the grand final thru a try on the SEVENTH TACKLE
1997 knights only JUST beat us in the grand final, and FIVE of their players tested positive for drugs after the game
And now, 2007 we lost the grand final to a team who have been proven to have rorted the salary cap and have been stripped of their title.

NOT FAIR

MANLY - 2007, 2008 & 2009 PREMIERS

Parra would have choked had we made the GF last year. Now we will be an even better chance this year with a weakend team.

I for one don't want the 2007 title.  It wouldn't bring me any satisfaction actually.  I'd rather just say that we played the GF and lost to a side who rorted the system, could have destroyed Rugby League, and lost everything.

Whilst i'm so happy it happened to the Storm, i feel really bad for their fans (my best mate goes for them) and League in general.  

nita link said:
Anyhoo. Does that mean Manly become 2007 premiers? I say yes.

Just heard on the news they won't be awarding premierships.  It really sucks that Manly were by far the best team in 2007 yet don't get the premiership.  Manly and Parramatta should be compensated somehow

I feel for their fans. How bad would it be if we found out Manly was doing this?

But the administrators who did it and knew bout it  should be banned from holding any post or position with nrl clubs for life. Including the coach if he knew.

And for players that kee about it, should have some sort of punishment as well!

While it wouldn't be much of a premiership, it should still take our tally to 8 premierships - I will take it. It would make us level with the Dogs

2 Storm officials have apaprently been stood down, and I thought I heard Frank Stanton is sitting in for the time being

I wonder if Waldron will lose his job at the rebels now?  A co-incidence that he left just before all this blew up and that Schubert found a secret file.  Can't work out why he didn't destroy the file before he left.  .

As Duff said I smell a rat.  The storm will now probably relocate to central coast and take the NRL's millions for doing so.    

This will enable Newscorp to leave the storm, keep norths out of the comp and keep the storm in it.

The AFL will have a field day with this and league will lose its support in Melbourne. 

I find it funny that people have been harping on about the professionalism of the Storm and Craig Bellamy. Good one, professional cheats. In light of this Manly will now be viewed as the powerhouse club of the late naughties which I'm ecstatic about.

Hilarious situation but there are also a lot of people to feel sorry for. Melbourne Storm fans can be up there with the most moronic but no fan deserves this.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2