Still Spoon and plenty of work to do against Panthers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

XV-1

First Grader
While we played quite well today, we are still running last and we will not beat Penrith based on today's form.

Remember, Newcastle had like 5 tries disallowed. Even 2V in the press interview said the footy bods were on our side today.

Penrith will not be as sloppy as the Knights were and will take most of the chances the Knights blew.

I just wish Jake T had a prop as good as him as the other 3 are 20% below his play. if Leary can maintain his form he showed today, he will cover Buhrers loss well.

D and aggressive tempo will against the Panthers will define the next match against Penrith.

Newcastle's first "disallowed" try would have been scored the majority of times however, Gagai dropping the ball before he kicked it doesn't rate as a disallowed try, not even a missed opportunity, it was a dropped ball. The try "disallowed" from the bomb is another, judged a knock on well in the field of play. So there are a couple of the 5 disallowed that do not rate as could have been tries. Doesn't matter how good a team is, a missed opportunity is just that. Can't even remember the other two disallowed tries, who cares, an improvement today by the forwards gave the backs some opportunity, long way to go and can't wait for Penrith

I think Manly controlled this game very well most of the day. I was concerned however with the lack of energy after half time. That was a very ugly 10 minutes energy-wise.
But when you think about it, there were a lot of players that needed the run - Mateo, Starling, Lyon - plus Matai and Tom T to look forward to coming back.
Penrith is a whole grade higher, but we will be ready.
NYEagle

Serious?

We almost beat the riff at the riff playing way below today. It took 5 straight penalties from the refs to get the panfers home against us.

We play like today we win that comfotably

I watched the Panfers almost beat the Donkeys on Friday night, they will be tough, much tougher than the Knights.

But we will also be better for today's run and confidence means so much in today's game.

Manly by 10

Penrith are a very good well drilled side and had as many players out as we did in the first match.

All I am saying is Manly needs to improve their defence and their rush straight wall D.

If we do that and maintain above 70% possesion , we win and gain confidence for future games.

Yep it's a big step up Penrith nearly beat us last year at Brookie so they will have no fear.

Great performance today but let's not forget Newcastle had lost 4 matches in a row now 5.

I thought they were getting on top of us for the first 10-15 minutes but after that we were clearly the better team...Don't forget we'll have Matai back next week and Leary and Mateo will be all the better for today's run....I'm cautiously optimistic.

What stood out was that these two refs are far better than the rest they blew penalties but there were relatively few and the game was better for it rather than just being a bucket load of tries from penalties

Most of the teams in the nrl would've beaten the knights today but honestly we were never bothered and I don't think we got out of second gear.
Sad to think this team is still missing Matai, Lawrence, Buhrer, Gutherson, Tommy gun and I suppose I'll include Foran.
At home, Monday night, Matai back, I'm confident, unless the refs are mighty rubbish. Also, how the eff do we lose a penalty count at home by so much, it's upsetting.

Most of the teams in the nrl would've beaten the knights today but honestly we were never bothered and I don't think we got out of second gear.
Sad to think this team is still missing Matai, Lawrence, Buhrer, Gutherson, Tommy gun and I suppose I'll include Foran.
At home, Monday night, Matai back, I'm confident, unless the refs are mighty rubbish. Also, how the eff do we lose a penalty count at home by so much, it's upsetting.
What was the final penalty count? I know we were never in front like usuall.

With Matai back and no apparent injuries from today's match things are starting to take shape. The 'Riff will be hard to beat, There are young, enthusiastic, fast and committed. However, our team for the match will be the best one, on paper, this season so I'm becoming more confident.

we will not beat Penrith based on today's form.
We won't be in today's form, we will be in next week's form, and our form is currently on an upward trajectory. A couple of wins plus players returning from injury will do that. It's all about momentum these days.

With Matai back and no apparent injuries from today's match things are starting to take shape
Is this the first week we haven't lost more players? Feels like it.

With Matai back and no apparent injuries from today's match things are starting to take shape. The 'Riff will be hard to beat, There are young, enthusiastic, fast and committed. However, our team for the match will be the best one, on paper, this season so I'm becoming more confident.

Also panthers 0-4 away from home this year

I suspect us by 8 next Monday night

Defensive line speed is still lacking in the boys. The number of times Leary was 1 manning the oncoming Knights player was a bit embarrassing tbh.

In a way we do miss Chocs rallying the forwards and pushing aggressively off the D line as a unit.

Leary did that today, but he was a by himself most of the time.

Food for thought.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7