still a lot to play for

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A 2 day rest advantage over our opponents, and then a qualifying final against panthers who we recently beat. That's a great incentive for the boys.

NYEagle said:
You bet it is.
I would be inspired, you would be inspired.
But are Manly in any position be inspired ?

The answer to that question is no sadly :(

It will take a monumental change in attitude for that to happen. The big difference I saw tonight compared to our game was how together the Panthers and Roosters are and how Souffs were, we at times looked like strangers, body language was horrible.

I have been saying it for weeks, waiting for a reaction from this team, i just want to see a decent effort next week.

There is one thing that would give me confidence... If our playing group (and I mean "group", to a man) came forward in the press and said something along the lines of...

"We have allowed distractions to dictate our game on the field and our performance has been well below what we would normally expect from ourselves. After a no holds barred airing session in-house we have resolved the differences and re-focused on making this year special. Whatever happens next year will be, but for now we want to go out with the dignity and pride this club represents"

Anything short of that and the only way we are going anywhere is by other teams tripping over each other and self-imploding, IMO.

Well Tooves, Cherry, and Watmough need to get in a room, close the door, and not leave that room until they can stand up as men, get on the same page, and make a promise to each other and team to dissolve all differences and play like a team.

Sadly I can't see it happening. Success, pride, and representing the great club Manly is runs second to their personal hangups. So, so, sad.

A chance to make history thrown away over a bitch fest.

They will have to live with it more than us ladies and gentlemen.

NYEagle

We as fans might think there's a lot to play for , sadly I feel they don't.

Not even sure I can bring myself to watch next weeks game, and I certainly would not waste $1000 coming down for it.

I can live with losing, seen it many times, but have never seen an attitude such as this.

Mind you, injuries as well are killing us.

There's no way we would get past a red hot Panthers side , I'd be very surprised if they don't play in the GF this year .

NYEagle said:
Well Tooves, Cherry, and Watmough need to get in a room, close the door, and not leave that room until they can stand up as men, get on the same page, and make a promise to each other and team to dissolve all differences and play like a team.

Sadly I can't see it happening. Success, pride, and representing the great club Manly is runs second to their personal hangups. So, so, sad.

A chance to make history thrown away over a ... fest.

NYEagle
Zorba can take the meeting minutes

Shoe1 said:
NYEagle said:

NYEagle
you should all listen to 2ky this morning anywhere from now till nine,Zorba comes on and has his say,last week he was drooling over the roosters,it will be interesting this morning

master blaster said:
Shoe1 said:
NYEagle said:

NYEagle
you should all listen to 2ky this morning anywhere from now till nine,Zorba comes on and has his say,last week he was drooling over the roosters,it will be interesting this morning
let's just wait till next weekend..a lot and anything can happen in semi finals. everyone was crapping on about the roosters in the last few weeks and how the were going to be the premiers. well, now it's sudden death for every team..all the rabbits and panthers have done is earnt themselves a week off. if they lose their next game, they're gone..same situation as us! any team can turn a bad performance around and bounce back, even against a bit of adversity and injuries.

master blaster said:
Shoe1 said:
NYEagle said:

NYEagle

Did anyone get to hear what zorba said today...I missed it....?? Any comments re our guys ? The draw ? Who his favourite is ?

WESTIE said:
master blaster said:
Shoe1 said:
NYEagle said:

NYEagle

Did anyone get to hear what zorba said today...I missed it....?? Any comments re our guys ? The draw ? Who his favourite is ?
cant remember all of it WESTIE,but they put it too him,will Choc be there next year,he said if the coach wants him,then they asked him,does toovey want him,he said yes,if he has changed his mind then he needs to tell us,the board,they then asked him did toovey want gifty to stay,again he said yes,and he rambled on with a lot of other stuff to about how he loves the club and being on the board means a lot to him,and apparently the bunny players were sledging DCE about the situation at Manly and the goings on

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4