Stewart swansong reunion

GoldenEagle41

Reserve Grader
So I had a though the other day. Although It is not even close to being likely; imagine if, at the end of glenn's souths contract (2016) we bought him back for one last year to farewell him and his brother together.

I feel it would be a nice gesture to two club legends and to hopefully rectify what we did to glenn last year.
Obviously we would have to extend snake first and i know we have alot of second rowers so fitting in glenn would be hard. But oh well, one can dream.

Manly let Gifty go at the right time, just like BoChoc and Kitey.

Won't happen - gift too injury prone and given cap we won't having any spare space for sympathy contracts

I know, i know.
As i said this isn't going to happen. More of an "imagine if" thing. Just something that crossed my mind. Anyway, does anyone have any info on leary and his injury? is he actually injured? surely he wasn't dropped for hasson

Well I would have loved to have seen farewelled after a great victory at Brookie - never say never

Anyway, does anyone have any info on leary and his injury? is he actually injured? surely he wasn't dropped for hasson
The NRL site has him out with a back injury, due to return Rd 17. I assume it's flare up of the injury he suffered when he got jumped from behind by a Big Willie.

We need to win. No time for sentiment. He wears an opposition jumper and should be treated as such. As Bozo wants us to be... ugly.

Nevertheless, at Brett's final Brookvale appearance, whenever that is, Glenn should be present. They should go around the fence on one of those open top cars. Thought Glenn's farewell was surprisingly and inappropriately low key, he didn't want a fuss. And, at the time, he was incapacitated with a nasty ankle injury.
The Stewart bros, the footy they have delivered for MWSE - not a future imagining - they are not easily replaceable, if at all.

The romantic in me says yes as it would be fitting that they finish together, my head says no, the club rightly or wrongly made their decision in April 2014.

Bottom line is that Gifty should never have been put in a position where he was forced out, If we have fair rules from the NRL there would be dispensation for clubs who grow, nurture and keep long term players. Bloody disgraceful that any long term player is forced into this.

The romantic in me says yes as it would be fitting that they finish together, my head says no, the club rightly or wrongly made their decision in April 2014.

Bottom line is that Gifty should never have been put in a position where he was forced out, If we have fair rules from the NRL there would be dispensation for clubs who grow, nurture and keep long term players. Bloody disgraceful that any long term player is forced into this.

Yes all would be good but this fairy tail stuff is why we are in the mess with the halves ..
Snake should not get an extension and giftys gone . Bring on the next generation of stars ASAP and lets start winning games with the next generation eagles. Leave glen and others to the highlight reals.

Thought Glenn's farewell was surprisingly and inappropriately low key, he didn't want a fuss. And, at the time, he was incapacitated with a nasty ankle injury.
i got a few minutes chat with him earlier this season at a function and kinda asked him why no fuss as he'd certainly earned it, and he said he didn't want it to feel like a goodbye as he was sure that he would be back in some capacity, obviously i said we'll save you a jersey mate, and he laughed saying don't think it'll be like that. You could tell he holds the place dearly, wished him all the best and said thanks for not trashing the place on your way out, his reply was "never".
Bloody legend. I'll only ever hate him in 80 minute bursts a couple of times a year. Hope he is a late inclusion this week just for the sake of seeing him vs brett in the top grade, no doubt would be special for both of them.

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 -14 2