Stewart out till first final?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
eagle_predator link said:
If true that's shocking news I'm wondering if Des will give William Hopoate a run ?

Hoppa jr will get a run. He's just back from injury and the club want to see how he goes and to get match fit. A few more weeks in the NYC and we might see him in the top grade.

What's the problem?  I thought it was a knee injury and he was already peddling a bicycle.  Hoppa should be given a go and put Robbo back on his wing.  Although, I thought he went OK on Sunday.  I particularly liked to see him and Big Tony linking up.

:'( More details please.
Last someone posted he was cycling for 3 hours a day... And doing ok?
What's happened????

He had surgery on his knee about 18 months ago and he has been in pain ever since due to scar tissue on his meniscus (cartlidge between the bones in his knee).

The scar tissue tore away during the game against souths and he has damaged the cartlidge in his knee.   

He just has to wait and see how quick the cartlidge takes to repair and realistically he shouldn't play again this year.

The problem will always be with him for the rest of his NRL career and may contuinue to get worse (the cartlidge can repair itslf but doesn't grwo back) although I believe that Bowen may have undergone the experimental treatment where they grown cartlidge in a dish and then implant it into the knee.   

First explanation I've heard except for "knee operation".  Seems to make sense.  What source Kingyfan?

kingyfan link said:
....Bowen may have undergone the experimental treatment where they grown cartlidge in a dish and then implant it into the knee.     
Maybe we could all help by trying to grow some cartlidges in a dish. Whoever grows one first, or maybe the best one, contact the club to try get snake back asap.

Or another suggestion, bit out of left field..what about buying some lower quality players who would be quite cheap, but who have good physical condition, and use them for parts. Cartilage etc. Sounds a bit inhuman, but I think Kerry Packer used that strategy, desperate times etc .

kingyfan link said:
He had surgery on his knee about 18 months ago and he has been in pain ever since due to scar tissue on his meniscus (cartlidge between the bones in his knee).

The scar tissue tore away during the game against souths and he has damaged the cartlidge in his knee.   

He just has to wait and see how quick the cartlidge takes to repair and realistically he shouldn't play again this year.

The problem will always be with him for the rest of his NRL career and may contuinue to get worse (the cartlidge can repair itslf but doesn't grwo back) although I believe that Bowen may have undergone the experimental treatment where they grown cartlidge in a dish and then implant it into the knee.     

AS i have said thiss a million times, I had basically had the same thing happen to me. It is not "experimental" it is actually modern day medicine to regrow cartlidge now, it has been around for 5 years or so now. I had that option of regrowing the caritlidge which takes 2-3 months recovery (for a full tear), but because it was only a minor tear they simply just cut out the cartlidge and i was back within a month. Stewart doesnt have that option and may be out for the 2-3 months.

Cartilage!!!!!!!  Working hard according to sources but when he will be back is unknown, even to medical staff. Just don't count on him being back. Anything we get from him will be a bonus.

Wayne Pearce had to retire from league because he had no knee cartlidge left and had bone on bone. 

I think anything that has only been around for 5 years could be called experimental as they would still be refining their techniques.

Shock horror doctors refining tecniques.. they have been doing it for years to everything they learn to keep in touch, so under that assumption nearly everything in modern/old science is experimental.

Yes of course the old technique was to simply remove all cartlidge in the knee meaning the result was bone on bone. I really dont consider its experimental because its been proven, its been in use for the past 5 years, but it has been proven for the past 8 years or so.

Generally an 'exprimental' technique takes many years to get thorugh the health system which has to be proven via results and test ect ect then after being labelled a success it has to be taught all of which takes many years. So the fact that it is now been a proven, succeful & taught technique for a long time, i dont think it means its 'expirmental', however it like most other techniques used today will continually be refined for better results.

Anyway the main thing is if Stewart keeps the cartlidge it means he will be in the game x2 longer than if they completly get rid of it, thats the larger picture.

kingyfan link said:

For a dumb **** you actually sound half intelligent in this thread KF

The Wheel link said:
[quote author=kingyfan link=topic=180447.msg223795#msg223795 date=1242817126]

For a dumb c**t you actually sound half intelligent in this thread KF
[/quote]

:D

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4