stewart out-strange decision re wolf

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
with stewart out you would think oldfield would have earned the right to get the wing spot.i like the wolf but given he is light on match condition it would seem a strange decision,unless oldfield is hurt.anyone know if he is?

it would seem brett is a very dodgy proposition at the moment,much like hodges after long term injury.dont think we will get a great deal out of him this year,thank god for the hoppa.

Maybe it's make or break time for Wolfie. Obviously we're paying him a motza, so we would want some playing time out of him. His speed will be good for us. I figure Brett will be nursed along back to full match fitness given we have a very good back-up player in Hoppa. There would be no reason to rush his rehabilitation.

I had a horrible thought after watching Brett struggle to run while scoring three tries on Monday. That maybe he was only playing on to reach the 100 tries. That maybe his knees are that shot that we have seen the last of him. I hope im wrong. Matt Bowen has come back to almost where he was before his injuries. I really hope Brett can do the same. However, I can't help but think the worst. If it was his hamstring they would have rested him until it was 100% knowing they had Hoppa to fill in so capably. Now that he is out again it worries me. He looked to be huge discomfort just walking at Brookie last week.

how frustrating must it be for brett.

only my personal opinion but i think the club should let sleeping dogs lie from now on re gallop.he is a goose,he will not apologise and our treatment by referees is already bordering on a conspiracy without them having any further ammo clogging up their tiny minds when it comes to a make or break decision.

there is no more to be gained and if anything we may lose a little public support on the issue,which is already happening.

the only real way to jam it up the lot of them is to win the GF and any further talk will not aid that goal.

susan said:

only my personal opinion but i think the club should let sleeping dogs lie from now on re gallop.he is a goose,he will not apologise and our treatment by referees is already bordering on a conspiracy without them having any further ammo clogging up their tiny minds when it comes to a make or break decision.

there is no more to be gained and if anything we may lose a little public support on the issue,which is already happening.

the only real way to jam it up the lot of them is to win the GF and any further talk will not aid that goal.

Maybe keep the anger, but just not show it publicly. Talk about it and keep it going in the dressing rooms, Not in the media. They need to keep it as motivation, which is a big part of why Dessie is persisting with it I think.

Kiwi Eagle said:
maybe having the bye next week played a part in the decision to give Brett some extra rest

Dude, he'll make his next amazing comeback, then be gone again. I'm right over it. Totally destablising. We will need to win this year on talent alone, because chemistry / combination won't be part of it.

It's good to see Wolfman play 2 games straight though, or is he out, too?

bones said:
susan said:

Maybe keep the anger, but just not show it publicly. Talk about it and keep it going in the dressing rooms, Not in the media. They need to keep it as motivation, which is a big part of why Dessie is persisting with it I think.

agree 100%

thats poor play by Des. they tried to get brett off early last week and he refused to come off. They should of dragged him off.

Whats he out now? hammy or is it really his knee?

sit him out until he's 100%!! anyone who saw his tries knew he was running at 50%, its may, sit him out until July, get him really right and go from there. This is useless what is happening at present.

I think they had to play Brett on Monday night cos they all promised us that he would play. Is it because it's in QLD that he's not playing? Personally I'm over this he's in he's out business. It's frustrating me as a fan. He's my favourite player and having him pull out it's annoying. I'd rather them say hey, we'll rest for x amount of weeks than have these late withdrawals. Love the man and the club but I'm just annoyed.

Firstly on stewart out, an injury is an injury, cant stop them cant plan them , When i watched last weeks game my thoughts were. He seemed in some discomfort but as he scored more he moved a little more freely. At the time i wondered if maybe it was a confidence thing. As he is out this week, obviously it wasnt

Many injuries when warm enable you to play on without extra injury occuring, generally muscular, not generally hamstring and not sure on knee ligaments

Im sure they got the rest of the game out of stewy as per injury. If it was critical they would have pulled him for sure.

Wolfie has been injured but he is next in line before oldfield. Oldfield like all players will be nutured into first grade like des does and wolfie is a proven champion who has been injured. Cant wait to see D williams,he is a goer

Some people are sick of it, well thats life, the guy is injured and he is busting his gut to get back. Des is so different this year and he seems less intent on toying with everyone. Give them a break as they are trying hard

jbb/james said:
He seemed in some discomfort but as he scored more he moved a little more freely.

I disagree. I thought he looked to run freely whilst scoring his first try but for the 2nd and 3rd he was struggling.

Ryan, you're such a cock. 'Totally destabilizing' my arse. How was the three try haul 'totally destabilizing'? Obviously the club has planned his return to be staged. This is what's called injury management. We have excellent back-ups so there's no reason to rush things. Hodges is the prime example of what can happen with panic returns. Relax, enjoy the footie, we're in terrific shape, and it's great to see the younger set coming through. And whoever thinks Lewis would be good in maroon and white needs a reality check. He's even more injury prone than Wolfie.

DSM5 said:
Ryan, you're such a cock.

Kind of really explains your intellectual level right there. As astute as always grandpa.
Why don't you head back out to the playground.

susan said:

BS Original events showed Gallop is a reactionary fool so if the issue can get ramped up to a critical mass he will make a token apology just to shut people up about it. And this might break the nexus of the diabolical officialdom we've encountered since March 2009.

As for Oldfield vs Wolf. Oldfield's last game in grade was terrible, mistakes and dropped ball cost us the game. If Wolf is available he should play.

Agree 100% with the above post.

DSM5 said:
Ryan, you're such a cock. 'Totally destabilizing' my arse. How was the three try haul 'totally destabilizing'? Obviously the club has planned his return to be staged. This is what's called injury management. We have excellent back-ups so there's no reason to rush things. Hodges is the prime example of what can happen with panic returns. Relax, enjoy the footie, we're in terrific shape, and it's great to see the younger set coming through. And whoever thinks Lewis would be good in maroon and white needs a reality check. He's even more injury prone than Wolfie.

Hey DSM5, I found a video of you way back when you attended infants :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p490t_6Z9aY

Wolfie is a highly paid International and Origin, grand final winning player. He has had his issues but to keep him in Premier League for a talented youngster is not the smartest idea.

Oldfield's time will come and he and Des both know that.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6