• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Thought I'd head over and have a look at who our defensive workhorses were tonight, and was amazed to see Brett played 40mins of footy, with only a tackle to his name !! Not even a single run, weird !!

Defensive men tonight, some heavy workloads

G Stewart 39 made 4 Missed
Ballin 39/6
Lawrence 37/0
Watmough 37/3
Kite 32/1

Not often you get so many guys making 30+

Don't know how many minutes Rose played, couldn't have been too much, but 19 made 0 missed is a pretty fair effort

I knew Brett had a quiet game but not that quiet.

I was really proud of Glenn tonight. He had a terrific game especially when you consider that he has just come back from a serious injury.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Thought I'd head over and have a look at who our defensive workhorses were tonight, and was amazed to see Brett played 40mins of footy, with only a tackle to his name !! Not even a single run, weird !!

Defensive men tonight, some heavy workloads

G Stewart 39 made 4 Missed
Ballin 39/6
Lawrence 37/0
Watmough 37/3
Kite 32/1

Not often you get so many guys making 30+

Don't know how many minutes Rose played, couldn't have been too much, but 19 made 0 missed is a pretty fair effort

Yes. I think Rose made about 4 tackles in the first set he was on. Looks like hes put on a couple kgs but can't question his efforts tonight id have him there until richie is back.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Shame we never had the ball to see what Rose can do with it under the arm
Then half these gronks wouldn't have a whipping boy. Haven't seem a mention of him rushing from marker and forcing a dragons error at 18-14 when they were 20 metres out.

Bloody lucky to have Lawrence. Also interesting that despite being light on we had no Gower on the bench. Has he already had his day ?

I cant see it would have hurt hsving him coming off the bench, but then again we didnt foresee that type of match we just experienced.

Jatz Crackers said:
Bloody lucky to have Lawrence. Also interesting that despite being light on we had no Gower on the bench. Has he already had his day ?

I cant see it would have hurt hsving him coming off the bench, but then again we didnt foresee that type of match we just experienced.

Strained his hamstring running between wickets
(First 3 words are true)

If only lawrence could learn to pass off a break

The Mrs listened to the game on ABC Grandstand & said the commentators were redicuously biased against Manly, and wanting Soward to kick his last goal effort, with a
"C'mon Jamie".
ABC Hand Stand are barred from this hut.

Daniel said:
If only lawrence could learn to pass off a break

Snake was a bit more covered in that run than the one Lawrence bombed a few weeks ago. It looked like BJ was at one stage looking for Snake but the Dragon defender just moved in the right spot to make the option a bit risky. I'm happy that when he saw the defender do that he just decided to stick it under his arm, rather than try for a miracle play.

As for Big George, I thought he was good. Not sure who is responsible for the Manly Live twitter account but they made a comment after George was pinged for laying on the player on the 5th tackle and then the Dragons scored and they said something like "For everyone who wanted George in the side. Thanks." The problem with the insinuation was that it was Georges fault for the penalty, it was just a ridiculous call from the ref and GGR hadn't held the guy down any more than any other tackle in the game.

Possession 40-60
In own half 61-39
Tackle in opp20m 12-37
Completions 25/36. 29/42
Line breaks 5-5
Missed tackle 39-23
Errors 9-16
Penalty 3-9
Tackles 331-240

Jesse 0 mins? Did we play with 16 players?

George Rose -
35 minutes
4 hit ups
25 tackles / 0 missed tackles
0 errors
The hit up stats dont look impressive but considering we had no ball during the period he was on, it was a solid effort from the big man.

Georgie just keeps on tackling! At the end of the game he'd made 19 tackles. By this morning it was 24 and now it's 25. Go George.

Stats aside, I thought that the big fella did alright in defensive mobility last night which is his biggest weakness. He was a bit unlucky with the 5th tackle penalty as he'd got up but then lost his balance and pushed out with the hands and the ref was right onto it.

We need his size at the moment with the guys we have missing.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2