Starting to go wobbly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
Can't help worrying about round one against Newcastle. I think it will be an ambush months in the planning and played out before a hostile home crowd fed on a fighting end to '17 and a fantastic rebuild.

Don't get me wrong, I think we will have a great year .... but I'm going wobbly at the knees ...

It will be a bigger test of this teams new character than some people imagine ... I think we will learn a lot both good or bad ......

Im abit the poso side and think we will come out ready under the astute coaching of Barrett . Newcastle will be doing well to get combos on from the get go . We have a relatively same side with the addition of toughness in the pack and will turn up ready for an ambush.

We are prob getting the Knights at a good time. Yes they will be pumped to play with their new team mates in front of a big crowd at home but it will take them a few weeks before they get a feel for each other. They have new combos right across the park. So I feel the footy they will be playing round one will be very simple getting structures down. We have a way better forward pack than what they have so we will win the arm wrestle. That will go a long way to winning round one.

I saw in the Manly Daily in Zorba’s column that the team know what we’ll be in for and will be more than ready for it. I’m looking forward to watching our forward pack really rip in and lay a nice platform for Api out of dummy half etc.

I think we are certainties for that first match.
All the pressure is on Newcastle, and when we beat them the media will start to question the form of Pearce.
Our second match, with Doesn'tmatta, will be much tougher.

I think we will miss Walker for the first few weeks, still have a formidable side without him. I guess it depends on who is our centre combo, and 5/8/half... If we get Hodko, I’d be more confident of starting strong. Either way, we should find our feet by round 7, and start to string them together. Still early days.

The full ambush 100%
Is this team ready - yes.
They have far more awkward new combinations to worry about.
I really feel with the power Manly have in the middle for 2018, will not feel the 5/8 heat as much as being touted....in fact, feel will be stronger here than 2017- by a margin.
Will be reffed tough and against a hostile crowd, but see a 10-16 point win.

Yeah its a win made for newcastle and theyll be excited to get going, tough start for us playing these boys. Our combinations wont be ready and we will be without Walkz who is our number 1 strike weapon, plus our morale will be nothing compared to the Knights. Im thinking Knights by 16 if they show up.

Yeah its a win made for newcastle and theyll be excited to get going, tough start for us playing these boys. Our combinations wont be ready and we will be without Walkz who is our number 1 strike weapon, plus our morale will be nothing compared to the Knights. Im thinking Knights by 16 if they show up.
Gee mate talk about a downer . What makes you think the knights will be all good for combos , they have about 8 new faces ? I actually think we should start favourites and rightfully so .

I think Turbo is the strike weapon by a way as he attacks both sides where as Walker can be restricted.
Also we are 32 points apart, so I hope I’m right

Gee mate talk about a downer . What makes you think the knights will be all good for combos , they have about 8 new faces ? I actually think we should start favourites and rightfully so .
The Knights combos will have had a full off season together while we with our new faces and combinations have been struck down by injuries and still dont even know who our 6 will be. Our off season has been a mess.

I think this will be a case of who shows up. Cause we could certainly lose if we don't, and if we expect them to be easy. However if both sides 'show up' we are the much better side, and, will win comfortably

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6