Standouts in NSW State Cup or Premier League

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Darren

Bencher
big win by the boys yesterday. Is there any potential in this team to make 1st grade.

fullback: David Williams: boom parramatta kid with the sky's the limit at age 16. Had a terrible run with injuries and lost abit of the speed he had that made him dynamic(like Sean Meaney) very safe and great goalkicker, without doubt could play wing etc and take robbo's spot in case of injury etc, will play Manly NRL if injuries occur, very safe player though, still only 21!!!looks like robbo in size

Boom QLD junior Jon Grieve: ran riot yesterday, built like a big centre/2nd rower was awesome in matts etc but got bad injuries, real player though, love to see him get a chance next year, only 21!!

prop: Tim Browne: Souths recruit who is getting better and better, only just 20 and built lankily like Kitey, really hits the line well, could definitely look for a bench spot in 2009/2010, liking him ore each time he plays, improving heaps

not sure: Shane Neumann: signed for 3 more years, I have never seen what Des obviously has, not quick, doesn't even stand out in PL, lets hope he improves!!

George Rose: looked great yesterday, nice off loads, will be back in 1st grade by July, off loads awesome!!

bench Forward; Junior Palau: If there is a kid with potential it's him!!! Last year came into flegg and ran riot after long term injury, I am a big fan, big kid, like Sonny Bill, quite quick, 110 kg, really needs to toughen up, could be absolute anything, fingers crossed as I rate him

no: wells, gone right off the boil, jack a: doesn't dominate in PL, Meaney- not quick enough, 

Official 3,2 and 1 as announced at after match function.

3 points David Williams ( 8 from 8 and one try for a match total of 20 points )
2 points Jason Wells ( 3 try assists and solid defence )
1 point Jeff Robson ( 2 tries before injury )
1 point Gideon Mzembe ( 1 try and his best game for the club )

Jack Afamasaga has not played any grade for at least four weeks.

gday Geoff, Wellsy did go well but I'm disappointed that he won't get a fair run in the NRL, past 3 years he has gone real well in 2nds and I was hoping he might get a shot, doesn't seem likely, has good ball skill but imagine him coming into 1st grade, dessie would say don't pass so probably not the best, hall etc suits des

He could be handy if King is out for an extended period & Kite gets selected for NSW

I saw George walking around the ground during the under 20s game. I have to admit, he looks in pretty good shape. I was expecting him to be carrying a lot of extra baggage, but the big fella has clearly put in a huge amount of work over the past few months.

He's still got some bulk - but that is pretty much his playing shape anyway. He doesn't look much bigger than he did last year before the injury.

I still think he is a fair way behind the other props now, and he has to work his way back, but a couple of big performances for NSW Cup and he'll certainly come into calculations (especially with Kite out through Origin and King out for a month or more with his ankle injury).

[edit - I got bloody snaked by Wheel, who posted as I was typing!]

Groom is behind Holdsworth and Ben Barba who many are saying is the next big thing for the Dogs. Not sure where Groom is playing - maybe their NSW cup side.

So Rose did play? Good to see him back, I hope he gets picked in firsts at some stage, even if it's just on an extended bench to let him know that Des remembers him.

Who's this Gideon Mzembe bloke? Any good?

Gideon is a zimbabwean apparently. Said to be very fast though whether he is good is up to those that see this grade play - it is often away from Brookie or too early for me. Rose might be a good one to have later in the year - he can make metres, possesses a good offload and could trouble some of the more organised defences.

Based on the last 2 seasons Big George is 6 weeks away from first grade and then another 6 weeks to get his match fitness up to where it needs to be

Mzembe looked reasonably average under the high ball, but to his credit did score a top try, got the ball maybe 10-15m out, put a spin move on to beat his man and then stepped inside 2-3 guys coming over as cover

Don't see 1st grade for him though

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4