Stadium flip back

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
https://www.smh.com.au/politics/nsw...o-knock-down-anz-stadium-20180329-p4z6v9.html

NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian has abandoned plans to knock down and rebuild ANZ Stadium but will go ahead with its proposal for Allianz Stadium at Moore Park.

It is understood the former Olympic stadium at Sydney Olympic Park will instead be refurbished and transformed into a rectangular stadium.

The decision comes after sustained pressure on the government to back down on its $2.5 billion stadiums policy.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-29/nsw-government-backs-down-on-stadiums-backdown/9600654

https://www.9news.com.au/national/2018/03/29/11/43/sydney-stadium-knockdown-anz-pushed-back

Does that mean they will still be knocking down the $20m nrl HQ at Moore Park and build a new one at Homebush? Was never sure where all that money was coming from

No idea how they can justify the Allianz rebuild. It needs some work but with a capacity around 45,000 it will still just be a shiny home ground hosting 15,000 for roosters or waratahs games.

I'm not sure how any "refurbishment" of ANZ can fix its problems much more than sliding the lower tier closer - which they can already do. Hopefully some clever engineers can prove me wrong.

Congrats I guess to the roosters, waratahs and of course the SCG Trust - whose 30 years of neglect has earned them a brand new stadium!

Shouldn't all that billions $ saved now be included in the salary cap for the four NRL clubs that have ANZ for home ground?

Broken promises and making best endeavours to lock in deals are meant to be included the cap aren't they.

This debate really ticks me off.
There is not one modern stadium on the north side of Sydney.
Refurbish Alianz if they must; but rebuild it? What a waste of money. You'll still end up with a stadium on the same spot.
Build a new stadium on the northside; not just for rugby league but to handle corporate events, concerts etc. That will increase options for Sydney to stage sporting and entertainment events. The Government's argument is that Sydney is falling behind with its stadia. Then give us a new one somewhere that is not in the eastern suburbs or the west!
There must be some suitable land close to the north shore rail line, even if its somewhere such as Chatswood, Roseville, Killara, Gordon etc.
I'm not advocating refurbishing Brookie; I'm wanting a state-of-the-art stadium that is within reach of the two million people who live on the North Shore and Northern Beaches.
Politicians who represent the north side of the harbour have failed us, and Labor wouldn't even know how to find the North Shore. So we are being royally stitched-up.
Come on Gladys, do something. Mike Baird, Rob Stokes, Brad Hazzard, Tony Abbott etc have failed us.

Apparently Peter Vlandys is a suburban stadium fan.
Now is the time for him to push turdburger and beatnik aside get in the govts ear.
Wouldn't waste time on that little fat leprechaun Ayers.
His days are numbered as he just keeps getting ignored.

I went to ANZ last night, only the second time I've been there. Caught the end of the women's match, left and had dinner, then returned and saw the end of the first half of the Bunny game, then left again (free tickets so nothing to lose!)

I don't like the idea of these gigantic stadia. However from our perch way up high, the experience is totally different. The players look like ants running around, they are so far away. On the credit side, there is total vision of the entire field and you can see all the plays unfolding. But give me the intimate Brookie experience any day, so much a superior way to enjoy the game.

The previous time I went we were down almost at ground level, and the view was crap. This time, our seats felt like they should come with oxygen masks and a safety harness. Good exercise getting up there though, especially because we went up twice.
Bit of a bugger that Manly wasn't there, I would have stayed to see the game!

Forget Manly at SFS as a home ground. Manly would get a bigger home crowd at Auckland, Brisbane, Perth, Wigan and the new Parramatta stadium.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6