Spring Carnival

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

clontaago

First Grader
Thanks for setting up this forum Dan.

With the Spring Carnival on our doorstep I'm pretty excited. I think If I could have 1 horse for the Spring it would be So You Think. The way he belted his rivals the other week was outstanding.

If you had 1 pick for the Spring, who would it be?

Good mare.Got 3 group 1s.Coming into form(3rd to Theseo last start) and the longer races will suit her.Snowden has elected to stick with the WFA Hill stks in Sydney this weekend rather than the Naturalism in Melbourne,which is good,cause most of her good form is clockwise.

Douggie I have the marquees booked for cox plate day out in the valley.  I've booked 20 spots. 

I will be asking around for some cash soon as at the moment I'm out $3000. 

Remind me to sneak a look at your tips for the day. 

The Gronk link said:
Douggie I have the marquees booked for cox plate day out in the valley.  I've booked 20 spots. 

I will be asking around for some cash soon as at the moment I'm out $3000. 

Remind me to sneak a look at your tips for the day. 
Wish I was in Melbourne to attend that one

Mate its going to be huuuuuuge.  The Mrs and I are both hitting the dirty thirties so we are having a 60th. 

Taxi drivers of Melbourne are vomit proofing their back seats in preparation as we speak.

Purple has been really good to me too and I will be backing up on her. They usually choose a good race carefully and she is tenacious.

Nutz I think has always been on More Joyous and I have had my doubts in the past but she seems to have found something extra. Reminds me of Makybe Diva - everyone doubting but keeps delivering.

Her last win was very good MB. She toyed with them. I'll be taking a couple of Cox- Cup doubles.

Think i'll take:
So you think - Dariana
"      "        - Profound Beauty
"      "        - Moatize

and if More Joyous looks like she is cox plate bound i'll probably throw her in with the above cup runners as well.

they are keeping more joyous away from too many hcps.She's getting bigger weights.Gai will have to place her well.She will go well in Cox plte,but some good ones in this year.Bloody old Bart is dropping a few of his chances in the mix for the big srping races.

dont right off shoot out for the cox plate.

If Stathi gets the ride right and doesnt sit him three deep or tucked behind on the fence with no where to go then lookout. He has a great turn of foot.

Im liking $9 fixed odds for the cox plate.

Gai is starting to get all of her horses firing so most of her horses wont be too far away.

Bring it on

More Joyous looks like missing the Epsom for the Cox Plate. I really love the Randwick 1600s but probably short of her best. It is a huge ask of her in the Cox so Gai must have a big opinion.

Shoot Out seems more of a Cups horse but Wallace did come out with a Cox Plate claim last month. If they seriously think they can do the Plate/ Melb Cup double then that is a massive ask. Rather they went for the Caulfield Cup/MC double or go for the Cox and wait for the MC another year. But he might be a super champ but has history against him. See what happens in the Turnbull.

I like Shoot Out too but I just think the way So You Think races, he makes his own race and his own luck. The Valley suits his style down to the ground.

Thats the difference between him and others like Whobe and Shoot Out, they need a bit of luck to win.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8