Sports science secrets of the Rabbitohs as they head into gran

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

tookey

First Grader
THIS is the top-secret sports science technology that has given the South Sydney Rabbitohs the power and strength edge to demolish their premiership rivals this season.

The blood-energising chips and ice fluid treatment had to be cleared by the NRL because its usage was banned by the NFL after the Baltimore Ravens won the 2013 Super Bowl.

Boxer Anthony Mundine introduced the controversial products to Souths coach Michael Maguire, whose players have been wearing the chips, hidden under wrist strapping, jerseys and socks since Round 8 — the same time they turned their season around.

According to sports medicine experts, the product can allow athletes to perform at a maximum level for longer. Hence, South Sydney’s strong finishes and high energy levels that have been so evident in the build-up to the grand final.

The Rabbitohs coach was reluctant to discuss the benefits from the technology that has been used in dressing-shed secrecy when contacted by The Daily Telegraph on Sunday night.

“I really don’t want to give away any of the info that has got us to this point,” Maguire said.

“We’re always looking at the cutting edge stuff that can help make better players.

“We want to hang onto our own stuff and I don’t want to give away too much.

“Choc’s high-performance team and our guys share information. They came to us.

“My guys (sports science) looked deeply into it before we started.

“This is just another of those one-percenters that every team looks for.

“Maybe I’ll talk about it more after the game.”

The wrist strapping can be clearly seen on all Souths players — except for Sam Burgess and Alex Johnston— who wear them in different areas including the chest and ankle.

The ice fluid is most often used, soaked onto a cloth, under the jersey. It helps keep the players’ body temperature stay lower over a longer period of time which prevents fatigue.

It is also sprayed on the players’ jerseys at half-time.

Maguire has distanced the Rabbitohs from any connection with controversial US sports supplements maker Mitch Ross, who was banned from the NFL.

Baltimore Ravens stars including Ray Lewis used the chips and ice treatment, that were developed in the US, before the team won the Super Bowl.
“This has nothing to do with him [Lewis],” Maguire said, “It’s all been ticked off by the NRL.

“The game is very thorough in checking these things.”

Souths began using the products after a sluggish start to the season that included loses to the Canberra Raiders, Wests Tigers, Manly and the Bulldogs in the first seven rounds. The turnaround was immediate and remarkable.

Even beaten Roosters coach Trent Robinson commented after Friday night’s loss: “They had too much energy for us.”

Sports science and supplements expert Shannon Brenton explained how the chips work.

“The same as Chinese medicine has identified the meridians that form electrical pathways throughout the body, our technology allows for the continual and unhindered flow of energy throughout these meridians, without the need for needles, heat or pressure.

“It’s a bit like mobilised acupuncture

“The result is an athlete that can play as hard in the 80th minute as they can in the first, hence what we have seen in the second-half stats from the Rabbitohs this year”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/

RE: Revealed: Sports science secrets of the South Sydney Rabbitohs as they head into gran

According to sports medicine experts, the product can allow athletes to perform at a maximum level for longer. Hence, South Sydney’s strong finishes and high energy levels that have been so evident in the build-up to the grand final.

O right, so its performance enhancing? Sounds like borderline cheating...but then again calves blood was borderline too i guess

RE: Revealed: Sports science secrets of the South Sydney Rabbitohs as they head into gran

Sounds like Peter Brock's energy polarizer. Or the pills that con man sold to make petrol more economical. Or benji's wristband.

Shoe1 said:
Sounds like Peter Brock's energy polarizer. Or the pills that con man sold to make petrol more economical. Or benji's wristband.

Yeah, except judging by Souths performances in recent weeks this actually works!

They were in fire in the last 15 min against us and the roosters. Only let in 36 points at the back end of those games :0)

Surely this is performance enhancing and should be banned?

Or did the NRL just approve it for souths to use and will ban it next year?

If souths win on Sunday you can bet your house on all 16 nrl clubs using them next year.

If it's legal and sounds like it is good luck to them. Only thing that surprises me it's souths and not the dogs that have found this technology. Hasler is supposed to ne the cutting edge king.

I have no problem with what Souffs are doing, it's been cleared by the NRL.

My concern is at what point do we stop?

Imagine 2 teams using the same technology and running into each other like raging bulls butting heads. Once that happens I predict the injury toll to players will increase dramatically.

Bomack44 said:
Only thing that surprises me it's souths and not the dogs that have found this technology. Hasler is supposed to ne the cutting edge king.

The Scumdogs have already had theirs inserted into their rectum.

swoop said:
I have no problem with what Souffs are doing, it's been cleared by the NRL.

My concern is at what point do we stop?

Imagine 2 teams using the same technology and running into each other like raging bulls butting heads. Once that happens I predict the injury toll to players will increase dramatically.
Souths v Chook had some of the most sustained fierce contact I can recall. Gotta take a toll on player health.

No surprises here. Maguire is a driven, win at any costs individual straight out of the Bellamy and Des mould. Cheat any way you can to win. It just re-iterates how much of a turn off the NRL is becoming. A league must laugh.

I've used these micro chips on a repetitive shoulder injury, Shannon Brenton who lives on the coast and is a sports scientist is the man that gave me them, he's contracted to south sydney, he also uses the spray on them to lower body temp. The chips remarkably worked! After about 2 minutes my pain was gone and I was able to continue my strenuous exercise! I hardly see it as cheating! The micro chips draw blood to the injured area and remove excess wSte built up in the muscle, same as getting a massage it applying a heat pack! Shannon reckons DCE has hit him up to give it a go!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2